[CPT] Musicians

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

Elvano
Peon
Peon

[CPT] Musicians

Post by Elvano »

Code: Select all

back when I was visiting one of the medieval festivals there was something really bothering me. Eventhough there were musicians and minstrels present, they still played music over the speakers. Is was a real downer on the expierence.
I would suggest to add a couple of minstel and/or musician npcs to each town, making them wander around and play music (being source of the sound), rather than to add a plain boring background music
Elvano~
Wisdom and knowledge are both treasures in life.
While knowledge allows us to do great deeds,
it is wisdom which helps us to use it responsible.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: [CPT] Musicians

Post by Reid »

Elvano wrote:

Code: Select all

back when I was visiting one of the medieval festivals there was something really bothering me. Eventhough there were musicians and minstrels present, they still played music over the speakers. Is was a real downer on the expierence.
I would suggest to add a couple of minstel and/or musician npcs to each town, making them wander around and play music (being source of the sound), rather than to add a plain boring background music
Should we add speakers as well? alt25
Why not, that's a good idea, but that would mean to add moving NPC and moving sounds, I wonder if these things are doable... *pokes 4144*
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: [CPT] Musicians

Post by Reid »

From the IRC discussion:
We have two different way to implement it:
- Add a fake-NPC* which use the monster sounds support for emulating the sounds of the musicians.
- Add a fake-NPC* with a limited walking place and a static music in background.

The first way is a bit complicated, because if the fake-NPC stop to walk, the sound stops.
The second way seems more easy to do, though, it would requier a basic support for the client and/or server (not sure).
fake-NPC: Non-Attackable-Monster
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect