kid book drop rate

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Hocus Pocus Fidibus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

kid book drop rate

Post by Hocus Pocus Fidibus »

Hello,

could anybody look if the droprate of kid book is damaged. I killed i think severel thousand trolls or so (droprate 0.1%) and less - but quite some - undead trolls (0.2%) over severel days without kid book dropping. Maybe i just have very bad lucky, i do not know.
Amarynthus
Novice
Novice

Re: kid book drop rate

Post by Amarynthus »

These kinds of questions confuse me. Drop rates are the odds of any given kill resulting in the drop. Each kill is an independent event. Therefore 1000 kills not resulting in a drop for an item with a drop rate of 0.1% is not at all unusual. Several thousand kills not resulting in a drop is also certainly not indiciative of a problem any more than rolling a dice six times and failing to get a six.

There will be a distribution (poisson distribution specifically) and there will always be events in the tails of the distribution. If there were not a notable number of players who did have to kill many thousand mobs before they got an item with a drop rate of 0.1% then that would be indicative of a problem in the software.

We've all been in these tails many times for many items. This is how random numbers work. Keep playing.
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: kid book drop rate

Post by omatt »

It's not easy to loot this kid book, you have to run after troll to kill them, that take time.
I looted 3 times the kid book by myself, that was very long (luckily i was with Mahoo, chat & hunt, that eavy peaceful), so, good luck !
(Beer and ginger bread man are valuable too)