[WIP] New Scythe

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[WIP] New Scythe

Post by Micksha »

Hey everybody,

as I was bored by the way people carrying scythes in TMW legacy (its dangerous!!), I decided to try something else for the project. Due to missing frames, I did a workaround using existing frames. Here is the result (one direction for now). If you like it I will continue and finish it like this. Otherwise I will need to import frames from the legacy model (which will be required at some stage anyways).

So, as usual feel free to comment and criticize!
Scythe_walking.gif
Scythe_walking.gif (5.01 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
scythe_attack.gif
scythe_attack.gif (3.32 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
Attachments
Scythe_walking.gif
Scythe_walking.gif (5.01 KiB) Viewed 2967 times
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Scythe

Post by WildX »

Is it carried on the back with a strap tying it to the player's arm? I can't tell for sure. I definitely prefer this carrying style over the old killing-everyone-in-your-path style.

TMW Team member

Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: Scythe

Post by Micksha »

Should look like I carry that normally - hand on the top handle, mid handle lying on the shoulder, stem parallel to the arm, blade facing downwards on backside. I agree - its not yet clear enough and needs some more work :) basically, I will try to keep it though. Thanks!
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: [WIP] New Scythe

Post by EJlol »

Is that how you carry a scythe? /Me has never touched a real scythe in life.

The problem is that the character has no hands but only stumps. For the walking animation it might be better to put the handle right through the stump even though that is wrong. Clearity above reality in my opinion. (Just like the chef hat, that one is wrong too😉). It may also help to make the handle thicker.

Of course that's just what I think, I haven't really drawn animations before...