Congratulations Rein

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
Moebird
Peon
Peon

Congratulations Rein

Post by Moebird »

Congratulations Rein,

Demon Rituals of killing players is now a part of the game it seems.

[2018-07-28 20:44:58] 009-1(44,32) Slaanesh(2104023) : @localbroadcast blood for he blood god, all hail frostbyte god of idling!

These Demon Rituals you are doing DEEPLY disturb me, to the point where i am not sure i want anything to do with a game that allows you this power. Nothing was announce in game to warn me of these evil things in town. I went into storage, getting things out things for a new alt i was starting, when you:

[2018-07-28 20:53:42] 009-1(46,32) Slaanesh(2104023) : @recall GnuCash

[2018-07-28 20:54:01] 009-1(46,33) Slaanesh(2104023) : @die

Why? I was lvl 1, had not been been in the game 15 minutes yet, but you went out of you way to recall and kill me. At no time did i give you any permission or in any way let you know i wanted to be part of what you were doing. In no way was i a part of ANY of the other killings you were doing before i went to town. Because of what you did, i deleted the alt GnuCash, a program i use IRL, fearing that you would do more if i kept playing. I logged out for a bit.

After a few minutes i thought maybe i was over reacting and went on another alt. I went to the Northern Mines to get some things i needed. YET AGAIN, your needs were more important than mine.

[2018-07-29 00:16:04] 009-1(44,32) rein(2104023) : @recall Delta Dawn

You called back to the same area, you were killing other players(and me), before. So i ran, not waiting to know why you recalled. What was clear was, you were going to kill me again. WHY? Were you bored of killing the others that you needed new blood? Never saying a word, you chased me.

[2018-07-29 00:16:27] 008-1(131,48) rein(2104023) : @goto Delta Dawn

When i didn't get away, i logged out and stayed logged out.

Looking in the GM log, i see you went after my friend, Octopus next.

[2018-07-29 00:17:12] 009-1(44,32) rein(2104023) : @recall Octopus
[2018-07-29 00:17:40] 009-1(36,39) rein(2104023) : @recall Octopus

Again, WHY? He was no where near town, he says, and yet you recalled him for no reason. Did you tell him why he was needed? I was happy to see you didn't kill him, i will say that.

Much later, after not seeing your name online for a while, i went back to tell my friends i likely wasn't coming back, just because of you. Very honestly, you scare me.

In my mind, you have to much power, and not even a little supervision.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Congratulations Rein

Post by WildX »

I'll check GM logs and see what needs to be done. I just want to clarify that @die would have killed Rein's character and not you, @kill would have killed you. Regardless even recalling players without their permission is annoying and abuse of commands so I'll investigate.

UPDATE: From the logs I'm worried about the use of @recall and maybe @heal depending on the context. I'd like to hear from players who were around at the time to understand who, if anyone, was in on the joke and ok with Rein playing around with commands and who felt they were being harrassed.

Rein has had lvl 40 commands since 2016 and has always used them to have fun, but this is the first report of command abuse so it's probably best to keep the discussion going and understand the situation better. I'm also not an admin or a GM so I can't really decide what happens here.

TMW Team member

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Hello Moebird

By the letter of the law, this is against the rules, all commands like @recall are to be logged.

But if you read the GM logs, and I did, there was no malicious behavior here. Rein did not kill you!
@die kills the person that issues that command, and Rein did not spawn any monsters.

Rein has a history in this game of helping! I will talk to Rein, but i see no reason to act on this!

Prsm

ps, I am curious why you, Moebird hid behind an alt to post this, you have played this game longer than I have.
You seem intent at pointing fingers at others, remember when you do that, there are more fingers pointing
back at you!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Pawneeboy »

Rein did use the command for cupid's foot a lot (For some reason that does not show up in the GM logs >.>) and Cupid's Foot does kill the targeted player, and iirc Cupid's Foot is GM 40
I'm John H., Tom Foolery, Dresden (not German), King Fisher, Clay, John Frost and Preacher. :alt-6: :alt-7:
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Pawneeboy wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 19:53(For some reason that does not show up in the GM logs >.>)
This is because the command (#python) is actually a spell, so it doesn't show up in the logs, but I could add a "gmlog" call after a successful invocation
Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Pawneeboy »

That might be helpful for future incidents :alt-6:
I'm John H., Tom Foolery, Dresden (not German), King Fisher, Clay, John Frost and Preacher. :alt-6: :alt-7:
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

gumi wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 20:13
Pawneeboy wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 19:53(For some reason that does not show up in the GM logs >.>)
This is because the command (#python) is actually a spell, so it doesn't show up in the logs, but I could add a "gmlog" call after a successful invocation
Please do, we need to track it so it doesn't get abused!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

this will be applied the next time the server is restarted:

https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... b7baaaaR16