GM Event

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

GM Event

Post by prsm »

Hiya Everyone

I will be back from vacation tomorrow and would like to host an event.

I am requesting ideas and prizes for the event that you submit. If I use your idea
You will be gifted with the same prize for submitting the idea.

Looking forward to all your suggestions!

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Apple.
Peon
Peon

Re: GM Event

Post by Apple. »

Welcome back Prsm :)

Have an idea: What about hide and seek?! The good thing is that game knowlege is more important then the lvl. Additionally it would be kind of a sideseeing tour for ppl not that much familiar with the game/landscape.
(I played that ones with vlad and got a diamond from him for finding him. Great fun :D)

-perhaps with clues from you. The game is big xD
-Prizes: Something appropiate for the topic:
eg:
-> four leaf clover, because of the luck you have to had to you find the gm
-> goggles or something similar, symbol of good eyes to have seen the gm
-> mouboo head, because, dont know, disguise as mouboo for hiding purposes
-> who has been farthest away when the gm is found gets a bucket (dont know if possible to find out)
Last edited by Apple. on 30 Mar 2019, 01:44, edited 5 times in total.

Chars: Apple., Kiwi., Kobold, AppleStore <3

+seeds
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by +seeds »

Wb Prsm :)
Maybe we could do a themed Outfit competition, where everybody puts together an outfit, and the best ones are rewarded with prizes.
The themes could be Fashionable, Christmas, Easter, Spooky, etc.
The prizes could be:
- Witch Hat
- Moonshroom Hat
- Antler Hat
- Bunny Ears (my favourite!)
- Terranite Head
- Heart Glasses
Characters: +seeds, +plants, +roots, +leaves, many others :alt-3:
Live long and prosper :wink:
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

Marathon Event (Proposed)

Players would have to run solo from Miriam to Pachua equipped with nothing but Cotton Shirt and Cotton Shorts. Prizes could be awarded to players based on the fastest recorded times.

Only one player would run at a time. Potions and healing items would be allowed. If a player dies en route, he or she could retry the attempt once. (More attempts could be permitted depending on time and number of players participating.) Care would need to be taken to prevent runners from equipping protective gear along the route.

Since Miriam only tells run times to players doing the Speed Skill quest, timing would have to be recorded by some other method. For example, going "old school" would require a stopwatch and eyes on both locations to record start and stop times. An announcement of "go" could signal the start of the race. The watch could be stopped as soon as the player enters the area where Pachua sits.

Winners could select prizes from the Rare Items list, and from these previously listed as unreleased/unobtainable items that are already in the game: Crown, Golden Warlord Plate, Monocle, Phylactery, Terranite Head.

P.S. (to any developers listening) It would be nice if Miriam could somehow allow players to repeat the run even after they have completed the Speed Skill, and post a list of top run times by players, similar to the way Kimarr posts a list of the top 15 players who kill the most Hungry Fluffies.

P.P.S. Welcome back, GM Prsm!
Hocus Pocus Fidibus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Hocus Pocus Fidibus »

I really liked the Hurnscald-Park Flower Roulette event, where everybody sits on a spot in the Hurnscald Park and when a flower spawns at that point the player wins (or earned a point or has to drink a shot and a beer or whatever). Concerning prizes i agree with Rill. I neeed a Funky Hat :alt-3: ...
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Rill wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 22:13 Marathon Event (Proposed)

Players would have to run solo from Miriam to Pachua equipped with nothing but Cotton Shirt and Cotton Shorts. Prizes could be awarded to players based on the fastest recorded times.

Only one player would run at a time. Potions and healing items would be allowed. If a player dies en route, he or she could retry the attempt once. (More attempts could be permitted depending on time and number of players participating.) Care would need to be taken to prevent runners from equipping protective gear along the route.

Since Miriam only tells run times to players doing the Speed Skill quest, timing would have to be recorded by some other method. For example, going "old school" would require a stopwatch and eyes on both locations to record start and stop times. An announcement of "go" could signal the start of the race. The watch could be stopped as soon as the player enters the area where Pachua sits.

Winners could select prizes from the Rare Items list, and from these previously listed as unreleased/unobtainable items that are already in the game: Crown, Golden Warlord Plate, Monocle, Phylactery, Terranite Head.

P.S. (to any developers listening) It would be nice if Miriam could somehow allow players to repeat the run even after they have completed the Speed Skill, and post a list of top run times by players, similar to the way Kimarr posts a list of the top 15 players who kill the most Hungry Fluffies.

P.P.S. Welcome back, GM Prsm!
Sorry captain, but I think that's a bad idea because I think that packet latency and system performances can affect greatly the result. That kind of challenge is going to be reserved only for players who have speed skill and level more than 60 and is not going to be funny if it's not funny for everyone.
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

I would like to organize something that it's going to grant prizes to those kind of players:

:alt-5: The stronger ones (kills the GM or clears GM island in search of something)
:alt-6: The smarter ones (finds someone hidden while he broadcasts clues)
:alt-9: The lucky ones (a spawning pink flower grows under his bottom maybe...)
:alt-7: The most loved players (a vote for a player, anonymous if possible, you like a lot you can't vote for yourself, your alts or for more than one player)
Or maybe a contest for the best idea to improve TMW itself. (Maybe an item like the rubber bat but in shaped like a beer pint that makes a sound of a belch in a ratio of one per minute or an electric guitar, it would be another nice rare item)

And no quiz or sprite search at all this time.

That's should be fair enough and should not give advance on others because of fast "googling" skills, speed skill, powerful PCs/nets or for having a lot of rare and colored clothes to be rewarded only for his appearance.
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

Livio wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 12:50
Rill wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 22:13 Marathon Event (Proposed) ...
Sorry captain, but I think that's a bad idea because I think that packet latency and system performances can affect greatly the result. That kind of challenge is going to be reserved only for players who have speed skill and level more than 60 and is not going to be funny if it's not funny for everyone.
Ciao Livio,

While I realize the current suggestions are for a GM event, CRC does have a rich history of successfully sponsoring race events:

http://crc.themanaworld.org/forum_threads/432968

http://crc.themanaworld.org/forum_threads/452806

http://crc.themanaworld.org/forum_threads/530115

http://crc.themanaworld.org/forum_threads/632461

If the Miriam to Pachua run is too problematic, another route could always be considered.

Best wishes,
Rill

P.S. Since you are offering suggestions for an event that rewards stronger, smarter, luckier, and most loved players, I see no reason to exclude faster ones. :wink:
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

Hocus Pocus Fidibus wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 11:00 I really liked the Hurnscald-Park Flower Roulette event, where everybody sits on a spot in the Hurnscald Park and when a flower spawns at that point the player wins (or earned a point or has to drink a shot and a beer or whatever). Concerning prizes i agree with Rill. I neeed a Funky Hat :alt-3: ...
Danke, Hocus. For those who may not be familiar with how an event of this type worked in the past, here are links regarding CRC's Flower Power Events held in 2016 and 2017:

http://crc.themanaworld.org/news_entries/376057

http://crc.themanaworld.org/news_entries/405918

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20251&p=156186#p156186
+seeds
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by +seeds »

Livio wrote:
I would like to organize something that it's going to grant prizes to those kind of players:

:alt-5: The stronger ones (kills the GM or clears GM island in search of something)
:alt-6: The smarter ones (finds someone hidden while he broadcasts clues)
:alt-9: The lucky ones (a spawning pink flower grows under his bottom maybe...)
:alt-7: The most loved players (a vote for a player, anonymous if possible, you like a lot you can't vote for yourself, your alts or for more than one player)
Or maybe a contest for the best idea to improve TMW itself. (Maybe an item like the rubber bat but in shaped like a beer pint that makes a sound of a belch in a ratio of one per minute or an electric guitar, it would be another nice rare item)

And no quiz or sprite search at all this time.

That's should be fair enough and should not give advance on others because of fast "googling" skills, speed skill, powerful PCs/nets or for having a lot of rare and colored clothes to be rewarded only for his appearance.[endquote]

I like your idea, Livio. It would be more fair than mine for sure :alt-3:
It would be really cool to have a "festival" in TMW, where there are lots different events going around the same time. It would also be new to have events tailored for different players, like you said, the stronger, smarter, lucky, popular people of TMW.
I think this is a great idea!
Characters: +seeds, +plants, +roots, +leaves, many others :alt-3:
Live long and prosper :wink:
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Rill wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 16:41
Livio wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 12:50
Rill wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 22:13 Marathon Event (Proposed) ...
Ciao Livio,

While I realize the current suggestions are for a GM event, CRC does have a rich history of successfully sponsoring race events:

http://crc.themanaworld.org/forum_threads/432968

http://crc.themanaworld.org/forum_threads/452806

http://crc.themanaworld.org/forum_threads/530115

http://crc.themanaworld.org/forum_threads/632461

If the Miriam to Pachua run is too problematic, another route could always be considered.

Best wishes,
Rill

P.S. Since you are offering suggestions for an event that rewards stronger, smarter, luckier, and most loved players, I see no reason to exclude faster ones. :wink:
Well if the a race is coming on I hope that nobody with a level higher than 60 will be allowed and if I'm going to run I hope that my PC will not hang up while caching between maps.
Apple.
Peon
Peon

Post by Apple. »

Maybe a pvp event.
Groups (eg 2v2, 3v3) composed on lvl (and maybe equipment) compete with each other, like a turnament.

Prizes could be fighting equipment like terranite legs, dark helmet, heard of isis etc

last one gets a Pan Hat xD

mayo2019
Peon
Peon

Post by mayo2019 »

i like Apple. idea so much because itis for all players at any level .Maybe a pvp event.
Groups (eg 2v2, 3v3) composed on lvl compete with each other,

the prizes are useful items i think (not like rare hats) may be
1-wooden staff
2-sorcerer robe
3-heart of isis
4-lazu robe

if i will win on the event i would like to have heart of isis as a prize cus thats will make me go ahead from lvl 80 to get lvl 85 and wear it and have fun .

my chars ShakeSpeare , DeaDZONE , HaoJianG
Apple.
Peon
Peon

Post by Apple. »

maybe prizes depending on the char type. Armor for warriors, Mayo2019's suggestions for mages etc.

butters
Peon
Peon

Post by butters »

An Easter egg/scavenger hunt. Place easter eggs/items ( https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php ... ster_Items) and tooth brushes all across The Mana World (Gm Island too) and spawn mobs to protect them.
You could trade a single item for a reward or collect an entire set for something better.
I know many players already have some of these item already in storage.
They have been saving/collecting them for years, and they should be allowed to use them.
I think trades should be limited to one or two per player/account not counting toothbrushes.
And maybe double exp after the event