[BUG] test server problems and bugs in Artis and Drasil

This section is for the organised reporting of bugs or any sort of issues found in the test server.

mekagylvx
Peon
Peon

[BUG] test server problems and bugs in Artis and Drasil

Post by mekagylvx »

I have created an account on the new fusion test server, and played through as a "normal" player to level 36. Along the way, I encountered a number of problems, some of them likely actual "bugs", and have made note of them. I had no idea where to actually put them, so here they are (I hope someone reads this section of the forum).

Peter (ratto) Quest:
There is NO time given after the last mob is killed to pick up any drops before being pulled out to talk to Peter for your reward. This was fixed in Evol, but appears to be broken on the test server.

Find Katja's brother quest:
I found the brother hiding in a tree, and took his money. Now there is perpetually a "?" over Katja's head, indicating to me that the quest is not finished. She states "Hey",
then "I still didn't find my brother...". There needs to be a way to finish the quest. If taking the money is the end, then there should be NO "?" over Katja's head, and she should have a different response - probably something snarky. I always think that any "mistake" (intended by the player, or not) should be fixable - nobody should ever be prohibited from completing a quest. If not, there should be a warning in the (non-existent) wiki page for the quest, at least. (and, of course there are VERY few pages yet available to help the player, "Me" figure things out - sigh).

Manana Trees:
First, not all trees can be targeted with the "a" key, or "x" key (mapped to "target and attack"). They can only be targeted with a mouse click. Manana tree at [198, 50] is one example of many.

Second, after the tree is both targeted and attacked, the player ACTS like they are making hits, but no actual hits are made UNLESS the player is to the right of the tree, either directly, or diagonally. This applies to all Manana Trees. The one at [159, 29] cannot be killed(shaken) at ALL, because there is no way for a player to stand to the right of the tree.

Problems targeting monsters:
Similarly to the Manana Tree problem, occasionally, I cannot target a monster (like Cave Maggot) with the "a" or "x" keys. The only way to attack is to use the mouse to "click" on it. This appears to be rarely, and randomly.

Juscare and the Warp:
Warp at [118, 88]: Juscare entered the warp(Inn), I then got kicked immediately back out each time I tried to enter the "Inn". after Juscare left the Inn, then I could enter. On another occasion, Juscare was just standing outside the Inn, and the same thing happened, I got kicked back out every time I attempted to enter the Inn. On other occasions, I have had no problem entering - it seems somehow related to Juscare. Since it IS an Inn, there is no logical reason anyone should be prohibited from entering - it is not any logical part of the storyline.

Bow and arrows? Hector Quest:
I completed sword training with Hector, but could not do "bow and arrow" training because I did not have the equipment. Later I discovered that another quest (I forget exactly which one, maybe the one where you find the father in the sewers and lead him out) gave me a training bow, but I can find no way to get arrows, and thus I cannot complete the training.

"Item too far away":
Why does it say that, and then go and pick it up anyway? This never happens on TMW legacy.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: [BUG] test server problems and bugs in Artis and Drasil

Post by jesusalva »

mekagylvx wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 17:13 Peter (ratto) Quest:
There is NO time given after the last mob is killed to pick up any drops before being pulled out to talk to Peter for your reward. This was fixed in Evol, but appears to be broken on the test server.

Bow and arrows? Hector Quest:
I completed sword training with Hector, but could not do "bow and arrow" training because I did not have the equipment. Later I discovered that another quest (I forget exactly which one, maybe the one where you find the father in the sewers and lead him out) gave me a training bow, but I can find no way to get arrows, and thus I cannot complete the training.

Find Katja's brother quest:
I found the brother hiding in a tree, and took his money. Now there is perpetually a "?" over Katja's head, indicating to me that the quest is not finished. She states "Hey",
then "I still didn't find my brother...". There needs to be a way to finish the quest. If taking the money is the end, then there should be NO "?" over Katja's head, and she should have a different response - probably something snarky. I always think that any "mistake" (intended by the player, or not) should be fixable - nobody should ever be prohibited from completing a quest. If not, there should be a warning in the (non-existent) wiki page for the quest, at least. (and, of course there are VERY few pages yet available to help the player, "Me" figure things out - sigh).
My fault, will be fixing soon (hopefully), But I have a broken MR to fix first + may need lore assistance from WildX (Katja's case)
mekagylvx wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 17:13 Manana Trees:
First, not all trees can be targeted with the "a" key, or "x" key (mapped to "target and attack"). They can only be targeted with a mouse click. Manana tree at [198, 50] is one example of many.

Second, after the tree is both targeted and attacked, the player ACTS like they are making hits, but no actual hits are made UNLESS the player is to the right of the tree, either directly, or diagonally. This applies to all Manana Trees. The one at [159, 29] cannot be killed(shaken) at ALL, because there is no way for a player to stand to the right of the tree.

Problems targeting monsters:
Similarly to the Manana Tree problem, occasionally, I cannot target a monster (like Cave Maggot) with the "a" or "x" keys. The only way to attack is to use the mouse to "click" on it. This appears to be rarely, and randomly.

"Item too far away":
Why does it say that, and then go and pick it up anyway? This never happens on TMW legacy.
ManaPlus bug, likely.
Juscare and the Warp:
Warp at [118, 88]: Juscare entered the warp(Inn), I then got kicked immediately back out each time I tried to enter the "Inn". after Juscare left the Inn, then I could enter. On another occasion, Juscare was just standing outside the Inn, and the same thing happened, I got kicked back out every time I attempted to enter the Inn. On other occasions, I have had no problem entering - it seems somehow related to Juscare. Since it IS an Inn, there is no logical reason anyone should be prohibited from entering - it is not any logical part of the storyline.
Will investigate.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

mekagylvx
Peon
Peon

Post by mekagylvx »

Thank you for looking into these things!
tomminator
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tomminator »

mekagylvx wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 18:04 Thank you for looking into these things!
Thank you for testing these things!
This is not a placeholder
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

On side note, for several of the stuff reported here, a patch is available on test server.

Had been there for a while, I just forgot updating* >.>

*: The forum and test server, actually. Sorry. Manaplus bugs are still live and I'm still investigating what happened with Juscare

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

mekagylvx wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 17:13 Bow and arrows? Hector Quest:
You can now buy arrows at the Artis Weapon Shop for {1-3GP each, yet to be decided}. :)

TMW Team member

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

I can confirm a (very rare) bug that sometimes ManaPlus can't target some monster without apparent reason (i.e. it is not in ignore list, etc). And I can confirm it very rare, I've seen it only several times (most of time on "usual" server). So I have no clue how to reproduce that.
Archios
Peon
Peon

Post by Archios »

t3st3r wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 23:29 I can confirm a (very rare) bug that sometimes ManaPlus can't target some monster without apparent reason (i.e. it is not in ignore list, etc). And I can confirm it very rare, I've seen it only several times (most of time on "usual" server). So I have no clue how to reproduce that.
I can confirm this bug too, sometimes the mobs graphics appear somewhere where the mob isnt in the map, its like if the server position was desyncd with the one ManaPlus shows.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

I'm pretty sure desync is another issue. Recent manaplus versions are rather good at re-sync, so desyncs usually self-correct in few seconds or when you move a bit, so I wouldn't call them a problem. However non-targetable monsters I've seen were something else. Likely client and server disagreed on some details or so. But I can understand client <-> server interaction is delicate thing, I've seen plenty of funny oddities in many different projects, this little glitch surely not worst what client to server disagreement can do :P.