[LEGACY] Buff Tankers?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Lower VIT Penalty?

Poll ended at 13 Nov 2019, 01:10

Yes, lower to 3
66%
Yes, lower to 4
No votes
No, keep at 5
34%

Total votes: 29
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

[LEGACY] Buff Tankers?

Post by jesusalva »

Currently, if you're being attacked by more than 3 monster, you lose 5 VIT per monster above that.

Luvia have 7~8 permanent summons + herself and other summons.
Assuming someone was crazy enough to decide to tank her, they would have 5~6 monsters above the maximum.

This means they'll lose 25~30 vitality (defense). So each one of the nine monsters deal them +25 damage, let's say. That's 225 damage per attack cycle (an attack cycle lasts usually about 2 seconds).

Note that for every snake Luvia summons and attack the players, they'll lose 5 vit, so they get 45 damage more per second.

Say that a high level tanker with Heart Of Isis and etcetras had 2000 hp. With this penalty, they would die under 20 seconds.

The proposal is to lower the penalty from 5 VIT to 3 VIT.

This will make Tankers more resistant to being attacked by multiple monsters. In the example above, instead of 225 damage, they would get 135 damage instead (twice survival rate).

I'm leaving an option to lower to 4 VIT, but when evaluating if I should change or not, I'll sum both.

NOTE 1: This penalty is a global configuration; It affects all gameplay including non-tankers.

NOTE 2: It is possible to add this for a week under "experimental setting" title; Revoting is also allowed. But I need a server restart to make the experiment, and another to finish it.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: [LEGACY] Buff Tankers?

Post by WildX »

Luvia is meant to be endgame raid content. Isn't the whole point that a tank needs runners and healers to survive?
I think it's balanced the way it is unless I misunderstood the intention of this.

Magic user with endless shadow demons at her service V.S. One fully armoured boi :lol:

TMW Team member

ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

I personally think it should be kept at 5. I think it's balanced as it is right now.
TMW Masters
Silver
Peon
Peon

Post by Silver »

4 is fine 3 might be too low, it would make the game play too easy.
Fangs & Co.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Sockpuppeting criteria for this poll was as follows:

Zero posts - not counted. I know I've deleted at least one legit vote on this but I wanted to keep consistency.
Banned - not counted.

I thought in looking for IP sharing and etc., some were reeeeeeeally suspcious, but I decided to keep things simple, this is not a GM election to deserve so much spotlight.
Besides, the votes which could have been duplicate were the same as those I've thought to be legit and erased, so the final vote score won't change.

So, as follows:

BUFF tankers - 47%
DON'T BUFF tankers - 52%

METHOD 1, BY GROUP OF INTENT
(recommended)
Per group of intent method:
BUFF tankers - 47%
DON'T BUFF tankers - 52%

Required vote threshold to pass: 69%
POLL HAS NOT PASS

METHOD 2, BY COMPROMISE
(NOT recommended)
If we multiply the values, the "average" compromise, ignoring intention, would be:
4 vit penalty per monster

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neither group of intention managed to get the required 69% vote threshold.

I thought in experimenting with 4, as originally proposed, but Iilia and Tormenta are relying solely on this rule. Changing it, with the current limits imposed by the engine, means not being able to make any sort of challenge, not even on Candor.

No developer manifested favorable for this change, either.

Therefore, I did not make an exception for this poll. With threshold of 69% not being reached...

POLL HAS NOT PASS

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.