Can bots send silenced messages?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Can bots send silenced messages?

Post by Livio »

I'm asking that question because XCOM can report on people entering and leaving both XCOM and TWM.
However those messages will trigger sound notification on ManaPlus.
Is there a way to make them silent as those in Guild chat?
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Can bots send silenced messages?

Post by jesusalva »

Livio wrote: 12 Dec 2019, 20:47 I'm asking that question because XCOM can report on people entering and leaving both XCOM and TWM.
However those messages will trigger sound notification on ManaPlus.
Is there a way to make them silent as those in Guild chat?
Try "/disablehighlights" ? Guild chat is not making sound because guild tab is hard-coded as a special tab (#Guild channel), and this tab have its own notification settings
ManaPlus have an option to redirect messages from a player called "guild" to "#Guild", which is how TMW Legacy seems to have guilds.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Can bots send silenced messages?

Post by Livio »

Okay. I guess the only solution is to disable online/offline notification from XCOM itself.
By the way the /disablehighlights command is not disabling tab highlight but only its sound notification.
Another thing is that players on XCOM cannot mute messages from certain players if they want to...