Stop the player on a tile adjacent to the item to collect

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Wellvin
Novice
Novice

Stop the player on a tile adjacent to the item to collect

Post by Wellvin »

The collect item functionality moves the player to the location of the item to collect. This cause some frustration because items can normally be collected from any tile adjacent to the item. I often get hit by enemies when my character walks on the item location but would be unharmed if he stopped on the previous tile which is adjacent to the item.

Is there a way to configure the collect item functionality to stop the player move on the last tile before reaching the item location? If not, can this topic become a feature request to the development team?
knight
Novice
Novice

Re: Stop the player on a tile adjacent to the item to collect

Post by knight »

You can change your pickup range by setting the yellow bar to your liking, for more information of this here is the wiki of it http://manaplus.org/yellowbar
Wellvin
Novice
Novice

Post by Wellvin »

Thanks for the info.
I tried the various movement options but I didn't find one that makes my character stop on the adjacent tile to the item I collect.
Archios
Peon
Peon

Post by Archios »

Press the button O on your keyboard and check the Debug tab.