Sound development requirements

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Sound development requirements

Post by WildX »

These are the music and SFX requirements for the next release. Our sound developers tend to show up when new work is available so I'm putting it all out there in case anyone has the time.

As always contributions are very welcome from anyone no matter their experience. There are standards of quality but we will do our best to help you get there if needed. If you're already experienced, enjoy making TMW sound good :)

https://gitlab.com/evol/evol-all/issues/77

TMW Team member

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Sound development requirements

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I'll give a few of these a go when I get home and have time. If anyone else wants to do any of these please let me know on discord/IRC/Forums so we aren't duplicating sounds.

Chicka~
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

There are many without checks that I have already made sounds for. I'll post my public dropbox link again:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mqqtkebj97tb ... grbRa?dl=0

As far as what I have made or enhanced from others that is unchecked:

dagger, setzer, wand, all bows listed and more, snakes, spiders, magical heal, fireball and there are many other sounds that could be used for explosion, etc. Warp sounds. Banshee bow was my fav though..
When someone adds something I have made already, I'll be interested again. IDK what the other sounds are like scythe, but I made scythe sounds long ago too. I see there are checks to some that I have made, but IDK what has been used by me except the fishing sounds. I have lots of map music, etc too. just have a look.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Ledmitz wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 19:09 There are many without checks that I have already made sounds for. I'll post my public dropbox link again:

dagger, setzer, wand, all bows listed and more, snakes, spiders, magical heal, fireball and there are many other sounds that could be used for explosion, etc. Warp sounds. Banshee bow was my fav though..
When someone adds something I have made already, I'll be interested again. IDK what the other sounds are like scythe, but I made scythe sounds long ago too. I see there are checks to some that I have made, but IDK what has been used by me except the fishing sounds. I have lots of map music, etc too. just have a look.
I believe when you submitted many of the sounds in the drop box there needed to be updates to them as well. For example the setzer hitting sounds, setzer is from a bone knife so it should make more of a dense sound rather than tin. ^^' I'd be willing to work with you through them.
Yubaba
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Chicka-Maria wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 05:28
Ledmitz wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 19:09 There are many without checks that I have already made sounds for. I'll post my public dropbox link again:

I believe when you submitted many of the sounds in the drop box there needed to be updates to them as well. For example the setzer hitting sounds, setzer is from a bone knife so it should make more of a dense sound rather than tin. ^^' I'd be willing to work with you through them.
Welp, someone please just tell me what is ready and should be merged on Legacy before this month ends and I'll do it.

I'm also assuming all sounds on the DropBox are meant for rEvolt, that's why the emphasis on Legacy Server. Nonetheless, if you prefer me or someone else to make the MRs (Merge Requests) for them on rEvolt repository you must say what is ready, what could be improved but is ready nonetheless, and what simply isn't ready >.>

Thanks in advance for saving my time :>

PS. Everyone is free to disagree as long that you don't use ad hominem arguments or name-calling. This is a strict moderation forum!

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

setzer is from a bone knife so it should make more of a dense sound rather than tin
And there's your answer everyone. all the sounds I have made, music and all.. Asked to create credits file. had to search for everything, but did as asked and still nothing. I created a git, and even made code changes needed.
I have been through the entire credits of the game as i was asked to add my submissions.... I have done toooo much for a guy that just wanted some sound in a game I liked otherwise.
Chicka, until I see a full portfolio from you, someone who has made next to nothing, but a couple songs and somehow managed to get the title sound lead at one time... PLEASE say nothing to me. Everything is already available and done. Pick and choose what you want, then add, then tell me about it if you want my interest or help.
Take a look at this credits file that I edited with my submissions. See for yourself:
https://gitlab.com/Ledmitz/tmw-warworld ... license.md
Or this one that only highlights what I've worked on:
https://gitlab.com/Ledmitz/tmw-warworld ... edmitz.txt
Main git: https://gitlab.com/Ledmitz/tmw-warworld
Main update site: http://warworld.noads.biz/

That is license info, an update site that may still work to some degree to at least test some sounds, a git repo I was asked to make and I thank Gumi all the way for walking me through it.
I have done everything asked of me. Now it's someones turn to add something and let me know. I may become interested.... most likely, but I will no longer bend over backwards. I make sounds and music. That is all I had ever intended and ended up setting up a testing server and more.

I am not angry at everyone, but was very discouraged before and am very happy that there is talk of adding more content that has been put to the side for far too long.

Suggestion: Stop nitpicking. It is the only reason this game has suffered so much. When someone takes time to add something that is missing in the game, unless it is terrible, just add it and worry about making it better later. I cannot keep an update site for certain folks that may or may not use it either. Did that before and very few ever tried at all. A LOT of work for nothing, it was so far.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

BTW... TY Jesusalva... It is nce to see you again. :-)

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Welcome back, Ledmitz!
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Ledmitz wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 16:34
setzer is from a bone knife so it should make more of a dense sound rather than tin
And there's your answer everyone. all the sounds I have made, music and all.. Asked to create credits file. had to search for everything, but did as asked and still nothing. I created a git, and even made code changes needed.
I have been through the entire credits of the game as i was asked to add my submissions.... I have done toooo much for a guy that just wanted some sound in a game I liked otherwise.
Chicka, until I see a full portfolio from you, someone who has made next to nothing, but a couple songs and somehow managed to get the title sound lead at one time... PLEASE say nothing to me. Everything is already available and done. Pick and choose what you want, then add, then tell me about it if you want my interest or help.
Take a look at this credits file that I edited with my submissions. See for yourself:
https://gitlab.com/Ledmitz/tmw-warworld ... license.md
Or this one that only highlights what I've worked on:
https://gitlab.com/Ledmitz/tmw-warworld ... edmitz.txt
Main git: https://gitlab.com/Ledmitz/tmw-warworld
Main update site: http://warworld.noads.biz/

That is license info, an update site that may still work to some degree to at least test some sounds, a git repo I was asked to make and I thank Gumi all the way for walking me through it.
I have done everything asked of me. Now it's someones turn to add something and let me know. I may become interested.... most likely, but I will no longer bend over backwards. I make sounds and music. That is all I had ever intended and ended up setting up a testing server and more.

I am not angry at everyone, but was very discouraged before and am very happy that there is talk of adding more content that has been put to the side for far too long.

Suggestion: Stop nitpicking. It is the only reason this game has suffered so much. When someone takes time to add something that is missing in the game, unless it is terrible, just add it and worry about making it better later. I cannot keep an update site for certain folks that may or may not use it either. Did that before and very few ever tried at all. A LOT of work for nothing, it was so far.
It's not nit picking, it's adding something that makes sense and consistency from what I've been told by other people. To add something that sounds like tin to something made of bone just doesn't make sense. Also for you to say I've made nothing shows how much research you've done on the things I've made to help....criticism has never been your strong suit, It's not meant to hurt your feelings ledmitz and i even offered to help work on it with you. Feel free to message if you want help, I'm around and I'll be here to contribute more since i have some spare time on my hands. Either way it's best to improve before things are put in the game. There was a few sound tracks i worked on with criticism too from wushin and a couple others, they wouldn't have gotten better without it.

There are some sounds you have made in the drop box that were approved a while ago too, like the rock knife sounds. However i don't think they were added. https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-cl ... a/pull/362 It is now.

Edit: The punch sound isn't bad either. I'm not saying the sounds can't be used, but after a 2nd opinion even someone else feels some of these sounds shouldnt be used for what theyre intended for.....they might be able to be used somewhere else. For example the skill upgrade sound sounds more like something is charging up (as someone brought up) maybe it can be used for a future move.

~Chicka
Yubaba
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Okay so first of all this is a strict moderation forum and I would hate to have to lock this topic because two respected members of this community are arguing.

I agree with both of you.

Chicka: The Setzer does need a bone-like sound. This doesn't mean that the current sound is useless or bad. It can be repurposed very easily. The same goes for any of the sounds: if they don't feel 100% ideal for their indended purpose the first thing to consider is how to use them elsewhere. So, you are right.

Ledmitz: I completely understand the discouragement you felt. I personally love TMW music and sound effects, but it's an area of development that tends to be neglected at times since it's not the most fundamental part of what makes the game playable. I'm making an effort to change that by paying more attention to sound development on GitLab as well as here in this forum. I want to make sure that everything you have made for TMW is put to good use. Obviously you're on the dev team for a reason and we already know that everything you make is up to TMW's quality standards, so what we need to consider now is whether these sounds are good for the specific purpose they're intended for. Most are, but some like the Setzer could fit something else better. I think that's reasonable feedback to give.

I don't think this needs to escalate any further. We can all agree and work together with a little patience. Two people who care about sound development enough to make this much noise (get it?) are exactly what I hoped to get from making this thread. Let's have a good time.

TMW Team member

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

WildX wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 14:43 Two people who care about sound development enough to make this much noise (get it?)
oh you didn't lol :lol:
Yubaba
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I want to apologize for my poor misdemeanour.Please understand that I was asked to pop in and when I stated my case, rather that stating what was good or could be used I received criticism instead. I would be far more open to criticism if I knew more of my work was added or even liked. To tell you exact examples only causes more trouble so I avoid that, but rest assured that I have made things on request and then the opposite of what was discussed/made was used or nothing at all and no I'm not referring to you Chicka here. ;-)
I'm also assuming all sounds on the DropBox are meant for rEvolt
Most, I had made for the legacy server(TMW), some specifically for Evol, but they are free license for a reason. The purpose of the CC license is so that anyone can use them. I would be happy if more made it into evol or rEvolt. Is "rEvolt" the legacy TMW now?
I thought the same thing when deciding how to make it at first and realized the physics would have changed with the magical monster oil. The harder something is the more it reverberates, so it made sense to me to make it sound more metal or even glass/crystal. Honestly IDC if it is setzer, but a small metal clink would fit a metal knife of some sort. I have no issue with renaming the sounds. Yes, something else would be better for setzer. I DO have an issue with it having been the best weapon on legacy to use, that it was faster than using bare hands, that it never had a sound and that extra material is used to end up with an item that weighs less, IIRC or maybe that was just the warlord vs crusade helmets. BUT didn't it require iron ingots to make?

SFX--TMW-Evol is sounds for both/either TMW or Evol. They are all in there together. It just helped me to keep track of what was done, current, etc.
you must say what is ready, what could be improved but is ready nonetheless, and what simply isn't ready
I put "credits_Ledmitz.txt" in my main Dropbox folder for easy reference today. This was for me to keep track
of what I've done, licenses and proper attribution to others but can be used to see if there are any license discrepancies, like:
1) nature.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - nord_analog_howling_wind_storm.wav(Sampling Plus 1.0). Sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user medialint. Sampled, edited and reproduced by Ledmitz.
2) skillup02.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - 60598__tunehntr-2day__sfx-angelic-choir-ahhhh-dm-chord-90bpm-320kb.mp3(Sampling Plus 1.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user TuneHntr_2Day. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.
3) Genesis.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Created by Ledmitz. 64603__falsalama__tibetan-chant-by-falsalama-1.wav and 64617__falsalama__tibetan-chant-falsalama-d-low-reverb.wav(Sampling Plus 1.0) by Falsalama. 161271__thecluegeek__skyrim-stinger.wav(CC by 3.0) by thecluegeek.
Is sampling plus okay now? It was a free license that wasn't strict enough in its limitations and was the main reason it was replaced by CC, not because it didn't have stipulations or wasn't free. Obviously I don't want to license with it, but source sounds that get significantly changed can be re-licensed, legally. I won't argue. I just want to know.
I have created a "Dump" folder so I can toss things without losing a record of them or later license changes. Some sounds were (garbage/not used in my updates) anyway, so I moved a few already, but you may wish to check them. Some just don't have a specific purpose and others may end up being license based.
+You needed an explosion. Listen to boom.ogg. It may have more reverb than the environment it is used in. Would be great in a cave or something though.
+The blub sounds may or may not be in Evol already. They were removed, I think. If you have no sounds for them, there are 2 move sounds and I made in "Unused" and more in "Current".
+Bow sounds: I feel they turned out very well and makes the game come alive. No twangs and straight to the point except Banshee. The banshee misses are my favourite.
+crit.ogg: There is already a crit sound in Evol, but rager or crits too often sound overwhelming. I think the current crit would make a great blunt attack sounding spell or something more fitting. When mine stacks, it just sounds "cool" and is a lower volume too. It is made with the same sound as boom.ogg, but has much less "bang".
+I like the spell sounds, even the ones that I made for just casting. You may think there are too many sounds that way. IDK for sure. I think when the colours of spells changed though, it messed up what sound went with what spell, in some cases. I can't remember if that was resolved. If war is always black and black doesn't show during attack and only when casting, then they should work fine. It's all opinion after that.
ingrav*.ogg: I remember the struggles of trying to meet everyone's different opinions and was one of the first sounds I made. They have been reworked too and I have diff animation effects for them (same sprites, but diff times, etc if i still have files). I also have a dart animation. I used it for flar in my updates, but looks like a small normal dart in game. I'll try to find those changes and get that on Dropbox too. You may still be able to test it on legacy if not too much has changed.
+kaflosh.ogg: C'mon, just use it... XD
+knife*.ogg: Very basic attack sounds. Maybe already on in game now, IDK.
+knife-rock*.hit: TY for adding. Although it is a dead sounding metal and a brick thud combined(I think), I thought you guys might think it was too "metal". I'm glad it was added cause any softer sounding, it should just crack apart after too much use(just getting technical).
+levelup*.ogg/skillup*.ogg: All similar but different lengths/volumes. Could be used for something special if not "up", but I like levelup-long.ogg, because levelup was easy to miss on legacy ans skill sounded the same there and levelling up at higher levels is a big deal that happens less often than lower levels. Would be cool to use diff sounds for diff levels, but IDK that is already feasible.
+miss*.ogg: Basic and used as a generic miss for many weapons on my updates.
+punch.ogg: I like that this received positive feedback this time because it was "too cartoony" before, according to some. I actually tried to make it sound funny(not my work). Who uses no weapon? It ought to be noticeable, I think too.
+scythe*.ogg: They are and were ready, but I think I saw scythe added already. IDK who's/what it was though. It also has some humour to it, but needs to be sped up if used at all
+setzer*.ogg: Feedback noted. They can easily be renamed and even split to different metallic knives if anything.
+skellie sounds: They can be a bit much after a while, but I like some sporadically. Can create null sound lines in XML, I think to make only so often or maybe a way to only have hurt sound during crit or something.
+staff*.ogg: Might need to speed up, but I do like them as is for how often a staff is used to attack. A tiny touch of humour in these ones, but not much.
+terra*.ogg: Terranite sounds. I know long sounds always get criticism, but the a terranite dying happens less often than other mobs and they are a magical creature(I assume from the armour stats and their resistance to magic). Just my opinion, but they ought to at least sound tough.
+warp*.ogg: these were things I used for entering Illia from, outside and I think I added the short one for soul stone use, but maybe not. I forget.

There are many sounds you all should weigh in on. Pretty sure betsanc, jacko and some others will be moved to "Dump". Just let me know so I can organize what is what, but I'll need a consensus on it.

Note that if a sound is very low volume for move or any other sound that may stack often, it is for a reason and has been tested in game. You may need to crank the volume for some like that, unless testing in game.

I have also added a Sprites folder and Other'sWork. The dart.png is in there as well as my party badge. I can have no badge or make another. Feel free to use it (eyeball) for something in the game and I'll get it removed as party badge.
I would post the code changes I made to add sounds, but I may not have them anymore.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I completely forgot about music. I'll get to that below.

I realized there was tons of work missing so I routed around for it. Way more and many of the things I said needed fixing were already reworked and I forgot that I even did it. Many sounds you now are asking for like spider are here too. I also threw the reworked stuff from other's submissions all into Unused, but my docs explain what is what or will once I make sure it is all the updated info:

+I added my "local" folder which is a patch for the client and contains anything not already in my updates. This is where I found all the missing work. Everything in here can also be found in Unused. You can test live in game by patching the local folder or retrieve the missing XMLs there. The dart and lightning and other neat changes are there. They were fun to play with and turned out nice. Anything that has a sound or animation, etc has a matching file/entry somewhere including animation length changes to match sound lengths. Many map changes were for fun here other than music entry and can be ignored. Turned out other players couldn't see when I accessed things I wasn't supposed to be able to. Learned more about server-side from it all.
+Currently reorganizing into subfolders to make browsing easier.
+If you find mobs in legacy annoying, like Grenadier, you might find an XML fix in monsters.
+Casket sounds: Funny and monster is loud. The lid open is in env and casket attack in monsters. casket-monster.ogg is TMW_Creature_BrainEater_ATTACK.ogg by Dariunas
+default_magic.ogg: The newer default magic sound. Rim of crystal glass source.
+detect_magic.ogg Never was a very useful spell. Would like to see that change, but this is chimes running down in pitch. Soothing.
+discharge.ogg: Magic discharge sound. Pop with reverb. I like this one a lot too.
+flame.ogg: I use this for all the mobs that shoot flames and for a possible fireball spell. Simple and effective. I had this labelled as flar.ogg before someone told me flar is not a flame. My assumption was based on the name of the spell.
+frillyar: Used to sound like fire falling before. It is now arrows falling. Sounds sparse and low vol, but remember the stacking issue. It gets loud enough in game.
+inma.ogg: This was a redone sound because the original one used a source sound(some chimes) with an NC clause. I contacted the author and they were happy to hear the consideration but could not make an exception so it was completely remade. I actually like it better now with the fade in and out in reverse.
+itenplz-hit.ogg: Little wind swoosh sound. This was only a problem in Candor with many ppl using at the same time and then it just sounded like a wind storm. I kind of liked it, but could be a problem if client limits sounds played at once. I'm not sure. Fine here if IRCC.
+spawn_burst.ogg: I think this was for the pumpkin mobs coming to life
+bee*.ogg(not in credits yet): These were awesome as heck to hear going on around. The more bees, the louder the buzz. Queen Bee told me to make them or get the heck out of the house, I believe.
+jacko(reworked): Some volume and speed fixes. The hurt sound is much nicer than the old grunt. I like the move too.
+skellies(reworked): The fixes I mentioned before are already done here. Faster, lower vol and some other edits.
+shroom(by Davius):Untouched unless a vol fix.
+snail(by alpha): I think they may have been in TMW and then de-referenced.
+spider(by alpha): The caves sound really cool when a bunch of these things are creeping around. I edited these and took butterfly attack sounds from the same author to use for spider attack. Maybe added or changed something.
+terranite(reworked): faster sounds with vol and other fixes. the die is the same though here.
+yeti*.ogg: I think you guys are gonna like these ones. I hope. You really have to see the animations in time with the sounds or have a good imagination here. You know when a yeti is coming and they attack fast.
+pumpkin-explosion.ogg: It is more of a filler on my end. uses same source as boom.ogg and crit.ogg
+quest*.ogg: They are simple, but too loud and sound too much alike. Just me filling in the blanks. Any ideas?
+chiza*.ogg: Made for the magic knife spell. Fast reverse fade thingy with a little thump.
+congringo*.ogg: They're staff sounds with a little ting at the end. I like the musical touch to some magic spells.
+flar*.ogg: A little whistle and crack like from a firecracker of some sort. Goes with the dart animation(dart.png). I think there is a magic indicator now too, like colour on caster and receiver. If so, it's not the way it looked before if a casting sound plays at the same time. Can't remember ATM.
+staff*.ogg: Some of these were also reworked. Overwrote the older ones. Just minor edits.
+ice_gladius: I liked using this sword just so I could hear it. Ringing, low volume notes that work together. It is strong ice. There had to be something good about a sword in legacy, since knives for some reason were so powerful. +1 luck wasn't cutting it for me.
+sword-miss.ogg: A little louder and slower and lower toned than other misses. Much like staff. Could use some customizing.

And that brings me to Music. The Music folder is now outside of Unused. Music now at Music/Unused. I added
other's work that I edited in here too and it is also all together since I either made or edited them:
+Barbarians-fixed.ogg(by Chika-Maria): May have tweaked some things? I think it was edited to make it loop correctly. There was a space at the end of the track, I think, but was completely loop-able.
+candr2.ogg(not in credits yet, but think I have info): Another's work. I just put it on the Candor map to have some music, but background effects might be nice if no music. Still a good BG tune for somewhere or maybe add more music to it for something else.
+Chilling_Environment-fixed.ogg(need to check for author): I don't recall this ever getting used, but I like the sound of it. I think I use it in the Troll caves on my updates. Minor tweaks to it. Probably a volume fix. I also remove hiss from things. Could be that. not sure now.
+Clouds_Calling-edit.ogg(found on Dariunas SoundCloud, but never verified author): I don't know what happened to this song in game. Used to be outside I think around Hurnscald, but now in The Forest Inn or is that just local changes for me here? It is by far, one of my favourites. I think it was removed because author was unknown, but I tracked down dariunas hosting it from SoundCloud.
+DrearyDay*.ogg: I made these a while ago. The loop edit was created on request, but I was using the original local, I think. I remember taking a bit of criticism on the airiness of it, but I had actually done that on purpose using a breathy strings sound and there was a wave/whoosh type sound I added in. Rain, wind/ocean was a feel I was going for. I was asked to change a few other thing maybe. The flute loop goes a bit too long though and maybe I was asked to remove it?
+Genesis : Made on request as more of a BG thing for the very start of Evol. We all agreed I should make another, even me. I do think some things could get sampled though or used at lower vol for someplace special.
+Genesis-2.ogg: As much as I liked this one, It sounds a bit too real with the real voices doing "ArrrrUGH!" and that voice sound, though the license matches, is from another game I believe. IDL that. If used I'd replace with something else probably.
+minigame-01.ogg: Requested for the minigame in Evol. It is supposed to have an 8-bit type sound to emulate a game in a game. This is not dark like the other music I made. I surprised myself. Custom instruments and all. This should be used for something goofy, if not the game it was made for.
+OverwhelmedUnderground*.ogg: I loved this one, but IDT you guys liked the sound effects of breathing heavy/footsteps and SFX should be done as a player move if anything, I guess. This has some breathy parts too. I think I have the project files though but some things might be tough to recreate. I'd have to look.
+SewerAmbience: Not music, but in place of it. I really like this once. Made me wonder about ocean sounds and other things and if more than 1 track could get loaded on a map at one time. More ambience could be created, but better if it could get its volume from certain map coordinates.

Well... that's my day gone and I never made 1 sound. I hope it was worth it guys.
Last edited by Ledmitz on 31 Jan 2020, 00:26, edited 2 times in total.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Ah. Here is MY credits file. All the things I wasn't sure of are here:

Credits and Notes:

Sounds that are contained in these updates, but are not mentioned in this file are shipped with the official updates from updates.themanaworld.org. All TMW content, to this point, has been covered under the GPL licenses. See the COPYING file in the updates directory for more information.

SFX:
astral.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - astralplane.wav(CC0) used as the source sound. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

banshee bow sounds [bow-bans-*.ogg](CC by SA 3.0) - whistlingrocket_1.wav, whistlingrocket_2.wav, whistlingrocket_3.wav(CC0 1.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user j1987. rocket-shots.mp3(CC BY 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user Audionautics. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

betsanc sounds(CC by SA 3.0) - Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

boom.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - firework_explosion_fizz.wav(CC BY 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user soundscalpel.co. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

bow, short bow and forest bow sounds(CC by SA 3.0) - arrow_whoosh.ogg(CC BY 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user smcameron. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

casket-lid.ogg is TMW_Wooden_Door_Creak_OPEN.ogg by Dariunas as sourced from forums.themanworld.org.

casket-monster.ogg is TMW_Creature_BrainEater_ATTACK.ogg by Dariunas as sourced from forums.themanworld.org and knife-miss1.ogg (Ledmitz extra silence edit)

chiza 1-3 [chiza*.ogg](CC by SA 3.0) - Created by Ledmitz.

confringo 1-3 [confringo*.ogg](CC by SA 3.0) - staff-hit1.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) as source contains swosh-whoosh-air-cut.flac(CC0 1.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user qubodup. 213380__ikonochris__chime(CC0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user ikonochris. Created by Ledmitz.

crit.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - firework_explosion_fizz.wav(CC by 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user soundscalpel.co. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

default_magic.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - 198403__ani-music__ani-wine-glass-rubbing-1a(CC0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user ani_music. Edited by Ledmitz.

detect_magic.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - 221681__doorknocker__chimes(CC0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user doorknocker. Edited by Ledmitz.

Omit: demon spirits(CC by SA 3.0) - Vocal recordings of Ledmitz and Pooper(My daughter and I). Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

discharge.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - 231949__quistard__plunger-pop-12(CC by 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user Quistard. Amp and heavy reverb added by Ledmitz.

flame.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Generic fire. Edits and effects by Ledmitz

flar.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz. A generic hand clap was used as source. Yes, even the whistle.

frillyar.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - bow-forest-hit1.ogg as main source (arrow_whoosh.ogg(CC BY 3.0)) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user smcameron. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

generic.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - firework_explosion_fizz.wav(CC BY 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user soundscalpel.co. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

ice gladius hits [ice_gladius-hit*.ogg](CC by SA 3.0) - 212715__8767yy__ting-shas-wav.mp3(CC by 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user 8767yy. Created by Ledmitz.

ingrav sounds(CC by SA 3.0) - Sourced from freesound.org. Source files include thunderstorm2.flac(CC BY 3.0) by Erdie, thunderstorm 5-5-06.mp3(CC BY 3.0) by FreqMan, Thunder200506_1.wav(CC BY 3.0) by csengeri and Bug Zapper2.wav(CC BY 3.0) by CGEffex. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz. I will be recreating these sounds as well.

inma.ogg(CC by NC 3.0) - 119543__vrodge__instrument-chimes-quick-soft(CC0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user vrodge. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

itenplz-hit.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - 376415__inspectorj__wind-synthesized-a(CC by 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user InspectorJ.

jacko sounds(CC by SA 3.0) - Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz. (reworked)

jackohurt.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - reaper-hurt.ogg sourced from forums.themanaworld.org as submitted by user nmaligec in the post [REQ] Reaper Quest sfx. Sampled, edited and reproduced by Ledmitz. (reworked)

levelup-long.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Created by Ledmitz.

misses 1-3 [miss*.ogg](CC by SA 3.0) - Created by Ledmitz.

nature.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - nord_analog_howling_wind_storm.wav(Sampling Plus 1.0). Sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user medialint. Sampled, edited and reproduced by Ledmitz.

pumpkin-explosion.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - 269485__editor-adp__smashing-squishing sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user editor-adp. firework_explosion_fizz.wav(CC by 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user soundscalpel.co. Created by Ledmitz.

punch.ogg(CC0 1.0) - smash.wav(CC0 1.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user awesomeman1234. Edited by Ledmitz.

quest sounds [continue,done,start,up](CC by SA 3.0) - Chime.aiff(CC0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user ikonochris. Edited by Ledmitz.

rain.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Rain.wav(CC by 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user DasDeer. Sampled, edited and reproduced by Ledmitz.

rock knife sounds [knife-rock-____.ogg](CC by SA 3.0) - rock falls with cracking.mp3 and rock falls with ambience BG sound.mp3(CC0 1.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user SoundCollectah, Clanking_Spoon.aif(CC0 1.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user crcavol. Sampled, edited and reproduced by Ledmitz.

scythe sounds(CC by SA 3.0) - swosh-whoosh-air-cut.flac(CC0 1.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user qubodup. scythe sharpening.wav(CC0 1.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user ramas26. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

setzer sounds(CC by SA 3.0) - Clanking_Spoon.aif(CC0 1.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user crcavol. Sampled, edited and reproduced by Ledmitz.

shroom-die1.ogg and shroom-hurt1.ogg by Davius. Sourced from forums.themanaworld.org.

skillup02.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - 60598__tunehntr-2day__sfx-angelic-choir-ahhhh-dm-chord-90bpm-320kb.mp3(Sampling Plus 1.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user TuneHntr_2Day. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

skeleton and lady skeleton sounds(CC by SA 3.0) - Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz. (reworked)

snail-die1.ogg, snail-hit1.ogg, snail-hurt1.ogg and snail-hurt2.ogg by alpha as submitted to forums.themanaworld.org.

spawn-burst.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - 208111__planman__poof-of-smoke(CC by 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user Planman. Edits by Ledmitz.

spider-die1.ogg and spider moves submitted to TMW by alpha. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16007&p=125850&hili ... fx#p125850

spider hits (spider-hit*.ogg) were submitted to TMW as butterfly-hit1.ogg, butterfly-hit2.ogg and butterfly-hit3.ogg by alpha.

staff sounds(CC by SA 3.0) - swosh-whoosh-air-cut.flac(CC0 1.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user qubodup. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

sword-miss1.ogg - knife-miss1.ogg(by Cosmostrator) edited by Ledmitz.

terranite sounds(CC by SA 3.0) - Monster 4.wav(CC BY 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user Sea Fury. Found by Travolta. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

transmute.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

war.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

warp.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

yeti hits(CC by SA 3.0) - 186921__readeonly__angry-ram(CC0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user ReadeOnly. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

yeti hurt and misses(CC by SA 3.0) - Gorillaschrei.wav(CC0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user J0ck0. Gorilla.wav(1576451741)(CC0) sourced from soundbible.com. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

yeti moves(CC by SA 3.0) - 175943__32cheeseman32__snow-crunch(CC by 3.0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user 32cheeseman32. 215162__otisjames__thud(CC0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user OtisJames. 412045__graxen__jazzy-groan(CC0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user graxen. Created, edited and produced by Ledmitz.

MUSIC:
Barbarians-fixed.ogg(GPLv2, CC by SA 3.0) - Barbarians.ogg edited by Ledmitz. Barbarians.ogg by Dakota. D (Chicka-Maria). viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15522&p=121899&hili ... an#p121899
Clouds_calling-edit.ogg (Ledmitz loop edit) - Clouds_Calling.ogg was created by Dariunas (Trying to find forum post still) for TMW. This version edited to loop by Ledmitz.
DrearyDay.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Created by Ledmitz.
Genesis.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Created by Ledmitz. 64603__falsalama__tibetan-chant-by-falsalama-1.wav and 64617__falsalama__tibetan-chant-falsalama-d-low-reverb.wav(Sampling Plus 1.0) by Falsalama. 161271__thecluegeek__skyrim-stinger.wav(CC by 3.0) by thecluegeek.
minigame-01.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Created by Ledmitz.
OverwhelmedUnderground.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Created by Ledmitz.
SewerAmbience.ogg(CC by SA 3.0) - Created by Ledmitz. water-running-in-sewer-1-2(CC0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user domrodrig. water-dripping-on-water(CC0) sourced from freesound.org as submitted by user ftpalad. water-dripping-in-a-bucket-csg(CC0) as submitted by user csaszi.

ART:
dart.png(CC by SA 3.0) - Created by Ledmitz, thanks to arrowh.png, which was used as a template.

CODE:
Any additional coding/changes to XMLs follow the same GPL licensing as The Mana World and Evol-Online.

Hope you enjoy the rejuvenated ingrav and other small tweaks.
*Special thanks to Audacity, all plugin authors and freesound.org, mtpaint, and anyone involved in free art and software.*

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Can't tell right now and I'd have to hear it again but pretty sure chilling environment was by me too under a different file name:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12932&hilit=Chilling_Environment

I'll have to listen to it again to confirm but I am currently on vacation with my husband.
Yubaba