A Question About Priority. (+What you liked the most? V2020)

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

What's the release priority (in your opinion?)

Priority to releasing soon
26%
Priority to having more items ported from Legacy
37%
Priority to a complex marketing campaign to release with more players
37%

Total votes: 19
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

A Question About Priority. (+What you liked the most? V2020)

Post by jesusalva »

About the poll: Sorry. I had to ask.

We'll be voting official release date soon, and I need subsidy to know how soon the word soon is. (It's before the end of time, though, so don't worry). :wink:

This comes in context of Valentine Event just having finished - I hope yall had fun on it!
I would love General Feature Feedback, though. During Valentine Day Event, players were introduced to several features, which I would like a review.
This review allows us to coordinate feature implementation, to try to smooth the learning curve, as well as tweak them.

Here's a list of a few features introduced during the event:
  • Evol2 Magic/Skill System
  • Skill-By-Card-Insertion Model
  • Candor Battle Rewrite/Redesign
  • PvP Honor System
  • Mercenaries
  • Pets
  • Regen Items by %
  • Arrow Boxes
  • Bow usage compulsory arrow pack drop (on all monsters, rate: 18%)
  • EXP Boosting System (Crush's Alcohol System)
  • (Haven't seen people using): Hand grenades and Smoke Grenades
  • Stat-boosting potions (including Max HP/MP and Speed - I used 'em all on @blessing)
  • Warp Crystal System (did anyone besides me actually use it?)
  • The `@toevent` command
  • Day/NIght Cycle (sorry, due a bug, battle conf wasn't properly reconfigured!)
  • Friend Referral System (I think everyone was too busy to take advantage of that :alt-=: )
  • Nard's @welcome (on World tab and Broadcast)
  • Season-based drops (Snowflakes, mostly)
I probably showed up more features (eg. the super boss spawn system - Livio25, the most OP Silk Worm) and some others which I did not show but people still went after anyway (eg. Mounts: Livio got to rid a double-headed Mouboo -Does this means he beat Cassy to it? :alt-8: )
Or random treasure chests.

Feel free to comment on those as well.
That's all and have a good morning/afternoon/evening :alt-0:

(And obviously, feedback about how it was having events hosted on dedicated event server, and feedback about having the event held for multiple servers, is also welcome at any time.)

* We'll still host a later event with ML players participation. That'll probably be after rEvolt's release, though.
** Feedback about the event itself is welcome - this is player talk! - although usability depends.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Re: A Question About Priority. (+What you liked the most? V2020)

Post by Livio »

Overall game feedback:
Spoiler:
Evol2 Magic/Skill System
I still have to get used to it.
Skill-By-Card-Insertion Model
Awesome!
Candor Battle Rewrite/Redesign
Not bad at all.
PvP Honor System
Interesting: bothering players will have less interest to bother n00bs.
Mercenaries
That's cool! I was thinking about to implement something as a "pay per bot mercenary" one day but I've realized that's forbidden by rules.
Pets
Nice but doggo doesn't deal damage at all and doesn't warn me if he is hungry.
Regen Items by %
Wasn't aware of.
Arrow Boxes
Nice, so storage will not limit ammo as in legacy.
Bow usage compulsory arrow pack drop (on all monsters, rate: 18%)
Whoa! Too many arrows around.
EXP Boosting System (Crush's Alcohol System)
That's cool: so EXP grinding and alcoholic player will like it! That's make possible to offer drinks to girls too!
(Haven't seen people using): Hand grenades and Smoke Grenades
I don't even use grenades in FPS: always gun and sniper rifle so I haven't tested it.
Stat-boosting potions (including Max HP/MP and Speed - I used 'em all on @blessing)
Those will spice up competition and help questing a lot. :D
Warp Crystal System (did anyone besides me actually use it?)
Yeah, I've broke one and forgot to go repair it. Better than towels: known destination and 75% less wait time for regeneration.
The `@toevent` command
Beatiful.
Day/Night Cycle (sorry, due a bug, battle conf wasn't properly reconfigured!)
Bothers some players. Still a notification in general chat while changing would be nice for those with GFX disabled.
Friend Referral System (I think everyone was too busy to take advantage of that :alt-=: )
I didn't tried.
Nard's @welcome (on World tab and Broadcast)
With Nced we were used to "hunt" noobies to help them with game. This command will ease the task a bit and make game and society more enjoyable in my opinion.
Season-based drops (Snowflakes, mostly)
I've got some easter eggs to by killing a fat piou. Nice feature!

I've even took a ride with a mouboo and a tortuga. People that saw me on the tortuga didn't noticed it at the first glance and thought that I was scraping my butt against the ground like diseased dogs do.
Valentine event feedback:
Spoiler:
Nice features:
Looked like a less crowded GM island and didn't lag my computer.
Cute for friends and real life couples.
Random spawned bosses like Rotating Penguins™ and Livio25™ worms.
Fired up competition a lot!
Subtle flowers pointing to the exit.
Map layout made hunting challenging. (I haven't tried with different classes however...)
I can feel the effort you made for the event through design and support: thanks again for the fun! :D
Not nice features:
May feel embarrassing to player that don't know each other to send love letter each others to improve score.
Too addictive and lasted a lot.
Becomes boring and repetitive as time passes.
Don't give the opportunity to last comers (or people that have few time to play) to have a decent score.
Makes players out of top ten want to give up since points are accumulated in days.
Bothering enemies near NPCs making idling or trading difficult.
Themed around a real life holiday in western countries: some players skipped event due to that.
I can still hear that damn flute in my head!!! I will not touch resources.xml again. XD

Livio25™, Liviobot™, Liviodog™, Constable Burp™ and GRR WOFF WOFF GROWL GRR™ are trademark of Liviotech INC, Argaes, Hurnscald. © All right and left reserved.
SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SpeedDuck »

I really like all of the features being implemented. I've had a chance to get used to them on the ML server, so I support a priority release.
Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
+seeds
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by +seeds »

I really enjoyed the event, but I agree with Livio that:
1. It can be embarassing to send valentine items to somebody you don't know.
2. It got repetitive
3. Not enough time for players joining later to catch up

Same as DD, I'm used to ML system as I play there quite a bit :D
Also, a lot of this feedback will be coming from my experience on the main server.

Evol2 Magic/Skill System:
Offers a lot more options for skills than Legacy, including class-based and general skills.
Skill-By-Card-Insertion Model
Interesting, but what if you want to upgrade your weapon? You'd need a new card, or a way to remove cards from the weapon for re-use.
Candor Battle Rewrite/Redesign
Very nice :>
PvP Honor System
I haven't played with this, only heard about it. From what I've heard, this is a great way to protect new players from higher level, and to make sure everybody is fighting a mostly fairly matched opponent.
Mercenaries
I like them, but they seem to do very little, and they die quickly against harder monsters. Also, they don't return after death to complete their ten minutes.
Pets
I love the pets!!! Loot is slightly annoying, but having a pet which gives a bonus to your skills is really nice. (plus I like having something follow me around)
Regen Items by %
Much more useful, as no matter what level you are, or how much HP you have, a % healing item will work for you.
Arrow Boxes
Great idea, now we can buy arrowsd in batches at a discount!
Bow usage compulsory arrow pack drop (on all monsters, rate: 18%)
I didn't notice this, maybe because I didn't use a bow xD
EXP Boosting System (Crush's Alcohol System)
This makes it easier to level up, and provides an (extra) incentive to level in parties. Plus, the improved drop rate is nice :)
(Haven't seen people using): Hand grenades and Smoke Grenades
I think I've used this once on ML Main? Seems like a good idea, but they are kind of costly.
Stat-boosting potions (including Max HP/MP and Speed - I used 'em all on @blessing)
Provides a way for max-lvl players to improve their stats temporarily! Very nice.
Warp Crystal System (did anyone besides me actually use it?)
I like the system a lot, but my crystals break a lot.
The `@toevent` command
This one makes it easy for anybody, no matter what their level or where they are, to take part in an event. Also, you can be assured the event won't be over, unlike when you have to run to the event from somewhere far away.
Day/NIght Cycle (sorry, due a bug, battle conf wasn't properly reconfigured!)
This makes the game a lot more interesting, and realistic. I think it's a great addition.
Friend Referral System (I think everyone was too busy to take advantage of that :alt-=: )
I don't know if I've seen this system? I think it's the one that asks who referred the game to you...? Seems like a good feature, but I think it'll be abused a lot for free gifts. Maybe a small amount of xp is better than a bronze gift for the system?
Nard's @welcome (on World tab and Broadcast)
This makes it so easy to welcome new players! It also lets people jump straight to new players so they can help them out.
Season-based drops (Snowflakes, mostly)
Great idea, and adds a lot of fun to the game. It also makes you notice the seasons in-game more.

Overall I really enjoyed the event, and I think the ML game system is great.
Thanks for hosting Valentine Event!!! (to all who hosted it)
Characters: +seeds, +plants, +roots, +leaves, many others :alt-3:
Live long and prosper :wink:
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

+seeds wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 18:55 Mercenaries
I like them, but they seem to do very little, and they die quickly against harder monsters. Also, they don't return after death to complete their ten minutes.
Mercenaries are fighters who don't give a damn about everything except for money. That's not a game feature but a real life thing. Mercenaries were a lot in history since they are good for so called "Proxy war". Even some ninjas are considered mercenaries (and they usually don't wear that black suit for infiltration mission as depicted in medias as there were sexy girls payed for assassinating in beautiful dress as well). You have to spend lots of money for a good mercenary.
+seeds wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 18:55 Pets
I love the pets!!! Loot is slightly annoying, but having a pet which gives a bonus to your skills is really nice. (plus I like having something follow me around)
No more for three items at time and I had to remap controller to make it works. After a bit of training pet is good to save a little amount of time while hunting, however I had auto-pickup enabled all the time.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

I would agree marketing is good idea. But this alone isn't likely to do the trick: players have to stay.

I'd say Evol-style start is rather boring in this regard - it implies ton of "bring me 5 rat tails" things before being able to go for battles/MMO-like interactions, this feels way too "hardwired". As one idea: how about option to (try to) escape on some crappy float, fighting sharks and sea monsters on the way, if someone sure they're "great heroes" and can wing it? Like "survival" kind of battle, survivors allowed to disembark around Hurns or so, "unconscious" loosers picked up by cap'n from sea again, etc?

There're nearly no noob quests that would, say, actively prompt for "parties" or "mmo interactions". Like e.g. "wannabe melee warrior" could be "tanking" while wannabe-mages/archers attack and/or heal, etc. Mentioned thing just one scenario, I'm sure there could be more, candor surely can have some dangers lurking around. Say, ghost vs chest can be more MMO-like, where player have to enter building basement and undertake some rather nasty battle for quite good rewards, if they dare.

p.s. after giving gameplay a try as "mage" on event server I have to admit it rather nice. It clearly lacks some testing&polishing and it damn unobvious what to do with cards, etc if one never used such system before :). Yet I'd got to think it can be workable.

also, er, for the record, Evol house design + warp placement ensures you hit wall by your face on each and house.