GM's

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

GM's

Post by prsm »

This goes without saying, But I am going to say it.

The GM team is a team, if you disrespect one of us, you disrespect all of us!
Some Gm's play, some play less ....... we are the same team!

Remember this in your actions.

This is not a warning, its a fact!

I have my brother and sisters back, and they have mine.

Code: Select all

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Re: GM's

Post by Livio »

What about other TMWT members?

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Who's being mean to GMs? Don't do it. Stop. Just stop it.

Livio wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 21:00

Only after a 7 day poll to grant approval. :P

TMW Team member

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Livio, why is that relevant to this post?

ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Only after a 7 day poll to grant approval. :P

WildX, just to make an example, if a developer notices a player accusing him of unbalancing the game because he temporarily forced some game parameters out of their usual range for some reason (like bug hunting), why do he have to open a poll and wait seven days to get disturbing people out of his way when doing his job?

prsm wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 00:18

Livio, why is that relevant to this post?

Prsm, other kind of TMWT members got their in-game GM level lowered through time due to abuse reports from some players. Developers, for example, lost their right to apply rule enforcement since they got every GM command available to them.
You even told me that you aren't able to contact players directly nor to recover their account when it got deleted. It makes me think that GM powers cannot cover the entire game including who is not a member of GM team.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

O-okay, this will be kinda offtopic, but we're in Player Talk, not in News section, so I believe I can do this and get away with it.
This is a general reference to anyone wondering.

WHEN WildX mentioned the 7 days poll to grant approval, he was making a joke. (The emote should have made clear he is not being serious but anyway).

Every decision as a team usually pass by a vote, which usually lasts 7 (seven) days.
Therefore, to say that "The Mana World Team defends its member XXXXX" it would need a full vote.

AS FOR YOUR CONCERN, if a developer changes game balance and a player insults the DEV: It is the Game Masters jurisdiction! They are the ones who will enforce the rules. If there was insults, or people disturbing the game, the GMs will act on that.

However, if the GMs conclude that the problem is on the DEV, which is less likely because patches usually pass by a Developer, a Reviewer and an Admin (except in rare cases, I'm looking at TMW Legacy now), then it'll need either:

• Another DEV, Reviewer and Admin objecting and making a counter-patch; Or

• A standard 7 (seven) days poll.

Note: Prsm post should be evident, but in case it is not, GMs are not likely to disagree with each other.

AS FOR GM LEVELS, it is more of a limitation of TMWA rather than a design decision.
Each of the three roles in TMWT: Developer, Game Master and Administrator, have pretty clear tasks and duties laid out for them.
(It is very common the DEV/ADM and GM/ADM combination, but much rarer DEV/GM - which is very time consuming - or DEV/GM/ADM - the later combination often lead to disaster in TMWT history).

An admin has super user access. They could, rather easily mind you, do anything a GM and probably even a DEV can do.
But they are not allowed to. Unless they're acting to fulfill their duties - eg. banning spambots, deleting accounts in GDPR compliance, or blocking possibly compromised accounts which threaten the server overall health - including IP bans.

Recovering game accounts is an ADMIN duty, not a GM duty.
Privacy - including GDPR compliance and disclosing users personal data - is also an ADMIN duty.
This is why the information available to GMs is limited - in fact, if I remember correctly, the IP which GMs see is masked, to preserve the users identity.

PS. In a few cases, like IP bans, we have admins doing so under GMs request.
Usually IP bans are made to protect the server, not as the sixth level of banning >.>

(By the way, the seven levels would be: stomping - muting - kicking - banning - blocking - IP banning - Lawsuits. The seventh level was never done as far as I know, but it is in the rules.)

Last edited by jesusalva on 01 Jul 2020, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.