[MERGER PROGRAM] Details about Level Porting

Where game and project announcements are made.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

[MERGER PROGRAM] Details about Level Porting

Post by jesusalva »

This post contains information about how level porting will work from Legacy to The Mana World: rEvolt and can be used as reference. Keep in mind you'll have until The Final Snapshot (date to be announced) to level up.

Feel free to send any inquiries you may have to me by a forum PM, email, or even whisper me if you manage to catch me ingame (I tend to login during UTC evening/night, when there are less players around). I and The Mana World Team will reply your questions to the best of our abilities.

Merge Details - Level Porting
Level < 90

• Player will begin with zero experience in both base as job levels.

• Player will start with their levels reset, in the same place that Doomsday Act 5 will end.

• Player can chose between three races: Human, Ukar and Tritan

Level 9099

• Player will start REBORN, in the same place that Doomsday Act 5 will end.

• As a reborn player, they will have two additional races to choose from at game start.

• As a reborn player, they will have the same advantages as if they got reborn in rEvolt.

• Player can chose between five races: Human, Ukar, Tritan, Raijin and Kralog.

Level 100+

• Player will start REBORN, in the same place that Doomsday Act 5 will end.

• As a reborn player, they will have two additional races to choose from at game start.

• As a reborn player, they will have the same advantages as if they got reborn in rEvolt.

• Player can chose between five races: Human, Ukar, Tritan, Raijin and Kralog.

• They will gain a cool rare trinket!*

* The player will be asked to pick a Legacy rare item which they did not had previously. It will be added to their merge details as if they had obtained it on Legacy Event. The list of legacy rares which can be selected IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE and currently is: Chic Santa Hat, Jazzy Hat, Groovy Hat, Eskimo Hat ("Trapper Hat"), Pilot Hat, Phylactery, Pointy Witch Hat, Underworld Mask, Mask of Blinking Evil (color/s undecided), Antler Hat, Earmuffs, Guy Fawkes Mask, Googles, Leather Googles, Dyeable Shades (color pallete undecided).
These items may be featured in quests, other events, etc. at development team sole discretion.
These items cannot be traded (at least, not initially).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As said multiple times, Money will not be ported. Exotic Trader will also be removed entirely from The Mana World rEvolt, so if you plan in purchasing one of its items - like the cap or the "Banana Crown" - do so before the merge!

Just like in real life, money is the first thing to lose value. We could try to bring Gold Pieces, but it wouldn't do you any good as just like in Real Life, they'll become worthless once Esperins become the new de-facto currency.

If you have other general questions to me, check also a few rumors I frequently listen. (This FAQ was not approved by TMWT and it may contain rambles of my own)

That's it for now, I'm still struggling to finish coding the Final Showdown which will conclude Doomsday Act 5. I want it to be something never seen before in The Mana World, and thus far, the old (TMWA) engine died less than 50 times, which is like, a new record! I'm very excited with it.
So stay tuned for updates! (If you don't know what the Doomsday is about, read a summary here.)

Last edited by WildX on 17 Jul 2020, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Aeuda
Peon
Peon

Re: [MERGER PROGRAM] Details about Level Porting

Post by Aeuda »

jesusalva wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 03:00

[*]Player will start with their levels reset, in the same place that Doomsday Act 5 will end.

I kinda hope this means we won't be sent to Drasil island :/ but that's just wishful thinking :P

SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SpeedDuck »

Wait a sec . . .

Does the Doomsday Act 5 end in Argaes, I mean, Aemil?!?

Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Shouldn't this be a game announcement?
Some or many players, may not even have a forum account. Just a link to here would be a fair warning.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

My poor old account :(

shygorgon
Novice
Novice

Post by shygorgon »

Quick question... When the merger takes place, will players/characters be loosing their equipment and/or items? And how about characters and levels? I am asking just for clarification.

Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

Hi shygorgon,

You will keep your Legacy account as-is, of course. Nothing will be deleted there.
Into the new game you will start fresh, though.

Regards

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

I make these assumptions based on the first post and my own opinion.

As said multiple times, Money will not be ported.

If money is not going to be ported, you may assume that items/equipment also can not / will not be ported. If they were people would just buy x from item y, and as soon as the switch happens sell these items to gain their money back. Not to mention that items/equipment are changed drastically in stats and uses. However this is just my assumption, it might be that some rares may/may not be ported in some kind of way.

Levels are mentioned in the post, you will start from level 1 again.

All of this only applies when you actually want to play the new server, if you want to stay on legacy (or you just are too lazy to port your character to the new server) nothing will happen, and you can keep playing legacy like you are currently doing. Hope this answers your questions.

Hocus Pocus Fidibus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Hocus Pocus Fidibus »

Your legacy accounts will not be effected in any way. Your characters and your items will remain and you can play on both servers without any limitations!

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

EJlol wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 07:34

I make these assumptions based on the first post and my own opinion.

As said multiple times, Money will not be ported.

If money is not going to be ported, you may assume that items/equipment also can not / will not be ported. If they were people would just buy x from item y, and as soon as the switch happens sell these items to gain their money back. Not to mention that items/equipment are changed drastically in stats and uses. However this is just my assumption, it might be that some rares may/may not be ported in some kind of way.

Sorry for being slow; Equipments and a few rares will be ported; but they cannot be traded nor sold. So they're really just going to be merged because players asked for that.

They are not immediately available after you press "Play" - We'll be giving details once, well, once we actually have details to give :lol:

¡¡¡Items cannot be traded across multiple accounts!!!
Gumi said he will see about allowing chars to be migrated across multiple accounts of same owner later; But do not count with that feature for first release.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

This post should get pinned. Important one. Even in game announcement would be good at login.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Ledmitz wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 19:33

This post should get pinned. Important one. Even in game announcement would be good at login.

Agreed & done :)

TMW Team member

Cage
Peon
Peon

Post by Cage »

Will the legacy server stay online once the nw rEvolt server is up?

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Cage wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 12:16

Yes.

TMW Team member

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

WildX wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 13:17
Cage wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 12:16

Yes.

:cry: