Dark concentration potions should be banned from the PvP tournaments

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Do you think the dark concentration potion should be banned from the PvP tournaments?

Yes

31%

No

69%

Total votes: 13
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Dark concentration potions should be banned from the PvP tournaments

Post by Ledmitz »

The spell was #skrimp. An NPC in Tulimshar talked about it, but never mentioned how. If one had, I think, 2 pink petals you could try to make a con pot, but failing could result in dark or light con pots. I tried to make a dark con pot factory, but doing the spell eventually makes you better at it and #skrimp no longer exists. Someone removed it at some point.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Aeuda
Peon
Peon

Post by Aeuda »

IIRC Alchemy tables let you dilute dark concentration potions, (why would you want to though. . .) So it's possible they might have been able to create them in the past.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Ledmitz wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 03:45

The spell was #skrimp. An NPC in Tulimshar talked about it, but never mentioned how. If one had, I think, 2 pink petals you could try to make a con pot, but failing could result in dark or light con pots. I tried to make a dark con pot factory, but doing the spell eventually makes you better at it and #skrimp no longer exists. Someone removed it at some point.

Aeuda wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 15:55

IIRC Alchemy tables let you dilute dark concentration potions, (why would you want to though. . .) So it's possible they might have been able to create them in the past.

So, lemme tell a bit the history of #skrimp.

Once upon a time, there was Ched.

Ched was "supposed to combine two potions, but [...] can't seem to figure out which two to combine", and then to chant #skrimp.

He took it from "Timbleweed's Advanced Transmutations" book.

#skrimp was Removed by gumi on 30/06/2016, when magic v3 was released.

It took 8 MP, Transmutation Level 2, a Dark Conc. Potion and a Diluted Conc. Potion, and would yield a regular Concentration potion.
#skrimp did not create Dark Conc. Potions.

Hours later, the very same gumi added Alchemy Table and removed the spell mention from Ched.

The Alchemy was made specifically to remove Transmutation magic school, and came with two extra sample recipes which are still working.

Erm, in the end Auldsbel won and Transmutation magic still exists but anyway.
This is the history of #skrimp aka. #T16

The original spell was authored by Fate on 16/05/2009 and worked as described above: Dark Conc. Pot goes in, regular Conc. Pot goes out.

PS. The Dark Conc. Potion was Also created by Fate on 16/05/2009, presumably for Transmutation Magic as that was what Fate worked most on.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.