Video Skills?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Video Skills?

Post by jesusalva »

So, I was chatting with Ledmitz yesterday night, and also watching kytty's videos, and reviewing my notes...

And this made me think, we have documented people skilled on several fields, including translations, but I have no idea about video creation and editing!

Well, I do know Ledz can edit videos, but would like to know about video creation in particular.

Any hidden talents hiding among us? :mrgreen:
I can think on a few training videos yall can do for our YouTube channel, if I find you :mrgreen:

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Video Skills?

Post by Ledmitz »

jesusalva wrote: 01 Sep 2020, 12:35

Well, I do know Ledz can edit videos, but would like to know about video creation in particular.

I did create a video for YouTube, but I want to host somewhere else eventually:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=-1zI9_ZbUEg

I recorded the real footage and used Simple Screen Recorder for the game shots. There's an intro with a custom soundtrack, cheezy screen change effects and then I ramble for a minute while an alien pops up in the back window for a second (custom animation). Lots of audio editing was done because I couldn't record audio in the screen recorder at the time and I wanted to add a few trippy effects to kill the monotony. If uploading to YT, the vid should be mp4 with AAC audio IIRC, or maybe it was mp2. All video sections should be scaled to the same size before processing as well or you get errors or bad quality. 2nd pass filtering is almost a must, especially with lower bitrates. I also had issues with blurring or pale screens before which seem to be better than they were now. As for audio, if anyone does any real talking, send to me to do the noise removal. Hiss and background noise can be removed if there is enough silence at the beginning and end of the recording. Fancy filters usually degrade quality too. GMC (global motion compensation) and other motion detection filters are overused and cause artifacts so it should only be used if the camera itself moves a lot (For making a good UFO video... too bad they never use those filters huh? I wonder why). Quarter pixeling does give a better quality usually, if available, but it does little more than increasing the sharpness does.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Video Skills?

Post by Livio »

I believe that implementing videos in game would be a nice feature, especially when some quests are completed or as a game introduction to tactics. Some n00bs seems too bored to read four rows that they need a smiley puppet to tell them what to do.
Considered what's boiling down I think it's better to give up on videos until game gets most of its features complete so we really have something to show the world.