Comeback of the Terranite Head?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Comeback of the Terranite Head?

Post by jesusalva »

Technically, if the worry is stats, you can obtain the Monocle ingame.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SpeedDuck »

Oh?!?

Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

========== Results (item): terranite head ==========
ID: 5209, Name: TerraniteHead, Type: 5, Buy: 30,000, Sell: 3,000, Weight: 500, Attack: 0, Defense: 16, Range: 0, Magic Bonus: -30, Slot: 0, Gender: 2, W Level: 0, E Level: 0, View: 0, Script: , Other attributes:
bonus bMdef 5; bonus bAgi 3; bonus bDex 1;

========== Results (exact): @item 5209 ==========
[2018-03-12 16:01:25] 009-2(30,104) GM Storage(2230931) : @item 5209
[2018-04-24 18:35:47] 017-9(26,24) GM Storage(2230931) : @item 5209
[2018-10-14 22:05:16] 017-9(27,22) GM Storage(2230931) : @item 5209
[2018-10-24 19:09:10] 009-1(43,45) GM Storage(2230931) : @item 5209
[2018-12-09 17:57:29] 017-9(27,22) GM Storage(2230931) : @item 5209
[2019-01-22 21:41:02] 017-9(27,22) GM Storage(2230931) : @item 5209
[2019-11-03 16:56:28] 017-9(27,23) GM Storage(2230931) : @item 5209 3
[2019-11-03 17:44:44] 017-9(27,22) GM Storage(2230931) : @item 5209

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Omid.O wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 07:00

I don't know when exactly it started to change, but now we are seeing unobtainable OP items with high stats like Terranite Head, Pachua's pipe, etc are being used by some players (usually a handful of them have most of these OP rares), which puts others at a disadvantage.

I don't see where is the disadvantage you mention. I don't have such rares and I haven't got any issue with them. If you are mentioning PvP events then forbidding items is a choice of who organizes that event.
If I had all the rares and OP items I will probably br less interested into participating to events and any competition will be almost nonexistent and boring.
From my point of view is just about that few players have more firepower than others of same level.

Being against these practices, I criticized these policies, but I ended up taking fire from those handfuls of high-level players. Nonetheless, it is an issue with the TMW ecosystem that might make a small portion of players happy, while alienating many newcomers and other players.

What do you mean with "I ended up taking fire from those handfuls of high-level players"?
And if you have been bullied by that handful of high-level players why you didn't posted about that if you really believe that's because of a fault in the game design?
I'm sure that TMWT is interested more into positive contribution than critics.

To sum up, I believe every high-stat item should be obtainable by every single player, no matter how tough the quest or how small the drop rate is. Commemorative items are fine but they shouldn't be OP and put others at disadvantage.

Once every player has every high-stat item in the game they will think that TMW is now "completed" and see no more reason to play since there's nothing left to offer so even high-level player are now motivated to leave.
Your beliefs are inline more with TMW2:ML than TMW Legacy. You may think of giving up, switching server or...

HoraK-FDF wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 13:29

How about making a poll in Players Talk and see what all People think?

Exactly! Open a poll! Any forum member is allowed to do so. I've once opened a poll about heating systems here.
So if Omid's beliefs are worthy of community and developers consideration a poll is probably the right tool to invite TMWT to change things (not to force them to do so).

No one knows why you go there for me it looked like Livio needs terranite ore to buy terranite arrows and collects keys to go to bossy swamp.

Sort of. Thanks to some friends and CRC I've made that quest without any hassle (keep in mind that my archer is extremely (fr)agile). And yes, I've spent lots of money into leveling and buying rares on ManaMarket that I'm poor as a n00b.

You should post this as an issue when you get punished for play together.

Naah, I just wanted to share my slice of life in game with you. I don't care about justifying myself in that case.

But for most farming tasks one is mostly enough because two kill so fast that the cooldown until monsters respawn is too long.

Yes but there are different cases... I once had to ask for help grinding with other two players (all mages) in the same small spot at the north-east side of Terranite cave since I was n00b and slow to get lots of terra ore pieces for quest.
Now I'm so damn fast that I occupy the double of the space required for an average player and I don't tolerate other people grinding where I am.

But being forced to trade it from someone at prices that are so astronomical and would take weeks or month to gater is just crap.

Nobody is forcing you and people that's not selling they will probably lower the price or give up.

If you say "Their home, their rules." why should they have created a Feature request sub-forum and say things like join the development, contribute to the project or however then, if they don't wanted new input, new angles of view that maybe also change their way they wanted to do a bit?

Because anyone can do whatever he wants in his home. Even something illogical to you.

I don't think they are selfish people that want do it only their way If someone makes up a real point I think they are willing to at least think about it and maybe even change it if all devs agree.

I'm sure that TMWT is not a bunch of selfish high-level rich players with passion for dictating crap to people who enter their servers just for the fun to see players come here and complain. This project is made by everyday people with their life, culture, expectations, knowledge and whatsoever that may not be accepted by anyone.
As I've said before game is far from perfect, equal and fair but for the mentioned reasons not because TMWT likes to "alienate new players".
I was taking advantage of the ghost bug by leveling up lots faster than the other players who wasn't aware of that (we even organized silly ghost leveling parties). They noticed the bug and corrected it but they didn't stripped me off levels or globally compensated the other players for my "unfair" leveling. That's technically too hard to accomplish in my opinion. And none in game got pissed off at me even when I've posted a picture of me doing that crap!
As for in game modification I'm not sure that devs themselves are allowed to make changes. TMWT should have some internal procedures to follow before releasing changes.

It would be nice if someone of you opens that damn poll and fix this issue for damn good.