Ideas on skills - Resist Poison

Where game and project announcements are made.
Necromonger
Peon
Peon

Ideas on skills - Resist Poison

Post by Necromonger »

I recently came back to game. Interested in different skill raising. Finally done the Luca quest - raised all focusable skills to lvl 9 and got 4 of 5 parts of assasin set as a reward.
For whom made skill "Resist Poison" ? I do not count the low-level gamers (below 45 lvl) - because they soon lvlup and won't have problems with putting stats in vit. But to get more experience on higher levels you have to use skill. What direction of gain exp this skill gives? Player classes that usually have a little vit, thus no or less poison resistance - mages and archers, will use their special focused skills as the main skill - Astral Soul and Mallard's Eye. Warriors will use their main skill they like - Brawling, Raging, or Speed. What Poison Resist gives that can't be done the other way?

Also, I don't see special skill for tank-warriors, which will give possibility to stay alone against huge stacks of mobs. Also, it is my favorite style of gameplay - just stay in place and survive. I call it "full-stack warrior". And this role is very helpful in game - you can collect a big stack of mid-level mobs, while mages and archers and other warriors kill mobs one by one, pulling them off from your stack.

So, my suggestion is to rename skill "Resist Poison" into "Resistance" and give such bonuses for this skill:

1. Resistance to poison - the same as in original "Resist Poison" skill.
  2. Resistance to huge stacks of mobs - they will less increase the hit damage in dependence of number of attackers. At lvl 9, skill must allow get the same damage from each of 9-10 bots in stack, as if they were attacking you alone.
  3. Increase speed of HP regeneration in multiple times, depending on skill lvl. I suggest increase HP regeneration speed in 4,5 times at skill lvl9.
  4. Increase maximum HP in dependence of skill level. At lvl9 it should be like 2-3 times, comparing to focusing on another skill or not being focused at any skill.
  5. Increase %evade in dependence of skill level - like +30...40 % of evade at 9 lvl.
  6. Give virtual addition to luck in % of character lvl, dependent on skill lvl - to prevent some part (or all) of crits by very high lvl mobs.
  7. Give addition to vit part of defense - like +30...40% of vit at 9lvl.
  8. Give possibility to regenerate with more than a 1/2 of maximum weight carried, in dependence of skill lvl. At skill lvl 9 - character will regenerate HP even with full load capacity used.

minuses:

1. Increase Attack Delay - like +5...10% at skill lvl9.
  2. Decrease crit % - like -3..5% at skill lvl9.

What do you think about it? Maybe add other minuses? What do you like to change in description?

Last edited by Necromonger on 12 May 2021, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Ideas on skills - Resist Poison

Post by jesusalva »

Right now, Resist Poison raises resistance against all avoidable status ailments ("no regen" and "overweight" are not avoidable), which right now...

...is only Poison.

Spoiler:

As for whom it was made: The six original focus skills were made with a status in mind.

So "Brawling" for STR (acutally AGI), "Speed" for AGI, "Astral Soul" for INT, "Mallard's Eye" for DEX, Lucky Counter* for LUK and Resist Ailment (or Resist Poison on TMWA's case) for VIT.

Originally, though, speed would only raise walk speed - not attack speed; Brawling would be converting AGI in STR so a brawler could go with zero STR while other focus would require putting points in STR; And Lucky Counter which was never implemented would allow you to seldomly have an automatic counter-attack (which was impossible in TMWA and while it is not techinically impossible on Evol2 - just set bAutoSpellOnAttack - it is not worth doing either).

By the way, the idea was that where you get Monocle right now, you would get the Lucky Counter focus skill.

All these were Fate's plans which never came to be fully as they envisioned and probably will never come to be either; In the end whom decides how things will be are the active developers and as they don't have to follow what inactive or former developers thought, we now have a "Raging" focus (which was not originally planned, taking over LUK attribute), the Dark Magic School (which was also not originally planned), and until this day Lucky Counter doesn't exist (although it has an ID reserved to it).

...And this is how The Mana World grows; Not very consistent but meant to be always fun to develop and to play. And good luck to the third generation of devs to make sense of everything the old generations did and left behind XD
In Fate's case it was documented and somewhere accessible; But several things like Witch Cave aren't. It might never have had a formal original plan or be buried in forums.
And when someone finds it, likely the cave will already exist in a different way :lol:

Another example on my part is Crypt 1.5 vs. the current Alacrius' Quest and the Sand Cutter (Sand Cutter was meant to be an artifact found in AxTrozz - how was it spelled again? - temple and Mylarin Dust meant to produce Savior Armor. But so is life.)

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Ideas on skills - Resist Poison

Post by EJlol »

how was it spelled again?

AxlTrozz (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1357) ;)