Scheduled maintenance ~ July 25 01:00-05:00 UTC

Where game and project announcements are made.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Scheduled maintenance ~ July 25 01:00-05:00 UTC

Post by jesusalva »

Greetings.

We will begin some new technology and player data transfer deployment at the Test Server (testing.themanaworld.org:6902).
To deploy this phase, a few services will be unavailable during maintenance time; Including but not limited to Test Servers, APIs, account creation, password reset, the alpha versions of Mana Launcher and Vault, and with possible (but unlikely) impact on performance of forums, wiki and website, during

Sunday July 25th, 01:00~05:00 UTC

Thanks for playing The Mana World.

Your account from tmwAthena will be added to test server database, and we will be monitoring the server in search of lag or unacceptably unoptimized code artifacts.

This is a needed step to ensure that TMW Legacy transition to TMW Evolved will run smoothly, and also to mitigate some of the problems which could happen during the official transition.
The ported accounts will be immediately available, and all the current test server accounts will be dropped in favor of the transition. This affects TMW rEvolt, both test and live servers.

Once completed, the Mana Launcher Beta will be released to public.

Again, there is no ETA for TMW Evolved yet; It depends largely on our volunteers free time.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Scheduled maintenance ~ July 24 01:00-05:00 UTC

Post by jesusalva »

Please observe that if we notice this maintenance is likely to cause long term damage or the software does not behave as expected, we will rollback the changes.

TMW Legacy will NOT be impacted by this maintenance and will remain available during the whole time, except for registration and account recovery.

Account Migration
Your player data in TMW Legacy as of the time the maintenance begins will be made available on Test Server. However, some data will be reset:

• Some equipment you may be wearing (forced unequip)

• Options and Status Effects, except for @mute

• Guild, Partis with over 15 members, Pets

• Skill levels

• Skill points

• Races, except for Undead and Talpan

• Some of the hair colors

• The following magic spells: Abizit, Miteyo, Itenplz, Zukimbirf, Manpahil, Joyplim

• Whatever you are focusing on (but not focus skills)

Job Level will also be reset until you kill a monster.

You can expect the same exceptions for the real migration.

TMW Evolved vs TMW Legacy
TMW Evolved have a few differences when compared to TMW Legacy; From technicalities to design choices.

All the official differences can be found listed here, on the wiki.

Anything different not listed there should be considered a bug. The bugtracker can help you to find if a bug was already reported or not, and its current standing.

Note on accounts not eligible for migration
We will be purging about 30,000 accounts which do not have a bank account, have an empty storage, and has deleted all the chars.

Additionally, about 400 accounts will not be ported due Evol2 being case-insensitive. If you are affected by this, please contact us.

Vault/Mana Launcher Integration

If everything goes smoothly, you will be able to port exactly one account to the Vault. The Vault is an unified authentication manager which allows you to use the same credentials across multiple servers and is in overall more secure than ManaPlus built-in authentication mechanisms.

Details will be published when Mana Launcher reaches Beta stage.

Will you keep my data on Test Server? What's the purpose?

NO. All data on test server (and Vault, and Launcher, and etc.) will be deleted once the testing stage is completed.

The purpose of this is to test technical aspects for the previously announced TMW Legacy→TMW Evolved migration and to avoid pitfalls which could cause harm to our users.

I only play the game. Does this affects me in any way?
Your personal data will be copied to the test server and deleted once testing is finished (there is no ETA for this yet).

Sorry, lawyers told me I had to inform you about this. Otherwise, no, if you only play on TMW Legacy, these changes should not affect immediately you in any way.

Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Scheduled maintenance ~ July 25 01:00-05:00 UTC

Post by jesusalva »

Maintenance has been completed at 03:30 UTC, and you can now use your TMW Legacy account details to login on TMW Evolved.

Please read the considerations on the post above before proceeding; Some data was not and will not be ported, as described previously.

It finished earlier because the deployment of some API components were only partly successful. A new maintenance session involving API, Vault and Launcher only is expected for later.

When this second maintenance session is completed (assuming success), we will be officially releasing the Beta version of the Mana Launcher; The project which comes together TMW Evolved, aimed to be published in platforms such as Steam. Stay tuned!

New & Old tools

Online Activity History: https://server.themanaworld.org/onlineHistory.html
GM Logs: https://server.themanaworld.org/gm/testing/
Online List: https://server.themanaworld.org/online.json (it is not converted in HTML)

Please note these tools are all pointing to the test server, and will point to TMW Evolved after release.