Android problem

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Android problem

Post by Bobisha »

I recently started playing The Mama World on Android and I've noticed a problem with the use of the keyboard. When I type, the Manaplus app isn't recognizing the spacebar inputs making everything typed a long string of words without spaces.

Also, the latest release of the Manaplus app is not available for download. I have downloaded it via the Google Play, Amazon Apps, and directly from the TMW site, but only the 1.9 version seems to be the only one that seems to download for Android.

Other than that, everything else on the Android app appears the working.

Thank You.

Bobisha A.K.A Jersey Devil
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Android problem

Post by jesusalva »

I once asked 4144 about that, he said something about "don't use Google Keyboard" and marked it as "won't fix" almost immediately after.

I also vaguely recall some difficulties in the flow to make the Android app. For example, the fact Google no longer accepts APKs. We haven't tried to build the Android version, and if 4144 has not tried to push version 2.1 to Android either, it likely is broken (and with no plans to fix it anytime soon).

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

RogerEye1253
Newly Registered User

Post by RogerEye1253 »

Bobisha wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 04:19 I recently started playing The Mama World on Android and I've noticed a problem with the use of the keyboard. When I type, the Manaplus app isn't recognizing the spacebar inputs making everything typed a long string of words without spaces.

Also, the latest release of the Manaplus app is not available for download. I have downloaded it via the Google PlaySoul Knight Mod APK, Amazon Apps, and directly from the TMW site, but only the 1.9 version seems to be the only one that seems to download for Android.

Thank You.

The problem seems to be appearing when you type on the Google keyboard, kindly use the default keyboard.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

There's no such thing as "default keyboard" in some devices, you know.

Google Keyboard IS the de facto default keyboard for some brands.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Thethinker
Newly Registered User

Post by Thethinker »

YOWhatsapp apk
jesusalva wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 04:24 There's no such thing as "default keyboard" in some devices, you know.

Google Keyboard IS the de facto default keyboard for some brands.
There are other keyboard options too like swiftkey and others.
ilsamiles
Newly Registered User

Post by ilsamiles »

RogerEye1253 wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 03:39
Bobisha wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 04:19

I recently started playing The Mama World on Android and I've noticed a problem with the use of the keyboard. When I type, the Manaplus app isn't recognizing the spacebar inputs making everything typed a long string of words without spaces.

Also, the latest release of the Manaplus app is not available for download. I have downloaded it via the Google PlayInstaaero apk, Amazon Apps, and directly from the TMW site, but only the 1.9 version seems to be the only one that seems to download for Android.

Thank You.

The problem seems to be appearing when you type on the Google keyboard, kindly use the default keyboard.

Sorry for bumping this very old post, because it's seems issue is still persists in Manaplus app even I've tried using default and SwiftKey keyboard.

is there any update available to download I am running 1.9.3.23!

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

You are using the last known version of that client. There is a fork of it called ManaVerse, our official client, but I'm unaware of any mobile app for it and also doubt it will be made anytime soon, if ever. We're not opposed to it. We just don't have anyone to do it yet. If you're tech savvy, it might be possible to build the android package using the built-in configure options, if you wanted to try compiling. That sounds like a nice ol headache to me. i never tried it, but you would still have the same issues anyway.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak