Cost of dark crystals

Have anything for sale or want to buy something? Put your ad here!
Ecuador
Novice
Novice

Cost of dark crystals

Post by Ecuador »

Previously people used to sell dark crystals to NPC at 250GP. Currently there's shortage of dark crystals probably because fights with Skeleton / Lady Skeleton / Zombie / Fallen have decreased. I don't know what monsters people are fighting these days as i mainly do annual Christmas quest which is where i need the dark crystals. Can the price at which dark crystals can be bought from NPC Leofwin be reduced to 300GP from current 1000GP? Also, 1000GP makes spells requiring dark crystal + mushroom/egg too expensive.
Last edited by WildX on 14 Feb 2022, 09:02, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Moved from https://forums.themanaworld.org/viewforum.php?f=4
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: [Legacy] Reduce price of dark crystal?

Post by Hello=) »

Haven't thought they're in demand, just that. I've put some on MM as I have plenty of these (it's purely player action by unprivileged char Hello=), not anyhow "official" or related to GM powers at all, any player can do same). Guess other players can sell even more if needed.

And just in case if you're short on some supplies it makes sense to ask in viewforum.php?f=14 (marketplace) first.
Ecuador
Novice
Novice

Post by Ecuador »

Thank you for putting on MM. I bought all 500 crystals at 350GP.

Some years ago someone told me that he sells them to NPC at 250GP. On my shop, i started buying them at 255GP->270GP and lots of them get used to sold to me. This was probably 2016. In 2019, on my shop i listed them buying at 300GP but no one (or almost no one - i don't remember) used to sell them at 300. This when other items have overall become cheaper from 2016->2019. That's why i said that currently there's shortage of dark crystals.

NPC price of 1000GP is too much.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

TMW has about 2 billion GP, but most of it isn't on active players.

If we were to play Brazilian President and cut a zero, the active community wouldn't notice as hard as the general economy health.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

1) There's surprising demand on dark crystals. I've been routinely selling them from time to time but at some point market saturated and they stopped selling within reasonable timeframe even at 300GP and MM only allows to have 1 slot, it's inefficient if it stuck by item that doesn't sells. Below this point price fails to justify efforts to get crystals so I stopped selling them. Seems I missed point where demand reappeared.

2) Demand proven to be so high I've sold ~1100 crystals in no time, seriously reducing my stocks. Whoa, I've not thought there's such demand!

3) Ecuador, would you mind if I'll move topic to Marketplace? I think it more about items ppl may want to trade, while I'd suggest to keep NPC prices as is since it's really "fallback" solution in case everything else failed. If you'll ping players here and there in game you'll get more crystals for sure - I'm tempted to move it to Market section to inform other traders there's certain demand on these items. They're not really super-rare or very hard to buy from players, seems nobody aware there's demand :)
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Given I seriously doubt anyone will lower the price of dark crystals on NPC, do feel free to move it to Marketplace, which would be the most appropriate section. Feeback is a strict moderation area of the forums, after all, mods and GMs are *supposed to* aggressively keep it free from off-topic :P

PS. For loose moderation areas, better not act unless provoked, or if it has seriously derailed :P

PPS. Some of the GM staff (but not all) has multiple slots at ManaMarket. You can ask for the extra slots, but please be triple sure to always de-list items not being sold. ManaMarket has only 100 slots, so if you use an extra slot, that's one slot less for other players. (That's also why players should set shop bots instead of asking for extra ManaMarket slots). By the way, Evol2 should be capable to increase the amount of free slots beyond 100 for bots; And thanks to RoDeX, it can return the items to players without needing them to come back to pick it up. Nice, uh? Also, if you forget to delist an item and go MIA, it'll keep being used ad eternum so absolutely don't do that.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Cost of dark crystals

Post by Hello=) »

On my side I consider vending NPCs "last resort" thing. Trades by players would have better terms on almost any item. This also encourages interaction between players and trading, so even if something not sold here and now, it's good idea to ask here or in game, there's good chance someone got stock of items.

Either way right now seems there's some market demand on dark crystals, not the worst time ever to sell them, etc.