Problem installing TMW locally

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Ecuador
Novice
Novice

Problem installing TMW locally

Post by Ecuador »

https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php ... Mana_World

The first step it says is to install maria or mysql packages, but neither of them are completely available on my Linux Mint 20.1 (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS).

Code: Select all

sudo apt install mariadb-server mariadb-client mariadbclient-dev libmariadbclient-dev
E: Unable to locate package mariadbclient-dev
sudo apt install mysqldb-server mysqldb-client mysqlclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev
E: Unable to locate package mysqldb-server
E: Unable to locate package mysqldb-client
E: Unable to locate package mysqlclient-dev
For now i just want access to @npc or @warp command so that i can see where the new NPC i found in the code is located. Maybe bring back access to select GM commands (for everyone) on test server?
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Problem installing TMW locally

Post by jesusalva »

Use apt-cache search to locate their names.

It may be prefixed with a "lib", or be "mysql5", or don't have "db"...

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Ecuador
Novice
Novice

Re: Problem installing TMW locally

Post by Ecuador »

I did do "apt search mariadb", couldn't locate anything resembling mariadbclient-dev except libmariadbclient-dev, but libmariadbclient-dev is already separately in the list in the guide. After ur reply i did "apt search maria", no use; also did "apt search mysql5", no result. Anyway i forwent mariadbclient-dev. "make new -j4" was giving problem even though my processor has 4 threads, so i removed the -j4. Then having spaces in my directory name was giving problem, so i removed the spaces. And now it's working successfully! I'm able to play locally as GM :)