:(

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

Gone, but never forgotten...
Attachments
wumpus.png
wumpus.png (11.99 KiB) Viewed 2390 times
TMW Masters
BiteMe
Newly Registered User

Re: :(

Post by BiteMe »

Dreid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dreid »

Once I tought I heard from Jesusalva that this item will be once again exchangable, in some future event.

Don't lose your hopes ginosuper!
A brazilian lawyer!
Dreid = DontStop = Sotza
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

Dreid wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 13:39 Once I tought I heard from Jesusalva that this item will be once again exchangable, in some future event.

That was most likely before Jes decided to turn them into tomatoes :(

Rest in peace, wumpus eggs.
TMW Masters
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

ginosuper wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 18:39
Dreid wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 13:39 Once I tought I heard from Jesusalva that this item will be once again exchangable, in some future event.

That was most likely before Jes decided to turn them into tomatoes :(

Rest in peace, wumpus eggs.
I said they may show up again in a future event, read: Going through a dark dungeon and having the choice of picking a Wumpus Egg and possibly being forced to fight horrors beyond your imagination or making it out alive.

As part of a major, costly quest, right in the end, which picking the egg and failing causes failure on the whole quest.
Imagine that you already defeated Luvia, then you get warped to a dungeon with an invisible creature roaming around, which can hurt you severely if it catches to you (and it also forcefully warps you back a few tiles), need to run away and the treasure chest is right at the end, you lose HP every second you spend in the dungeon because the air is not exactly breathable and can even get poisoned if you don't have Resist Poison focused or some real vit+luk, but instead you can venture further to steal an egg and assuming you succeed and make out of that alive in one piece, you can keep the egg and the reward.

And if you die, the quest is over for you, need to redo everything. THIS would be closer to the intended difficulty level.

Which is precisely why we turned all the current eggs into salad.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

jesusalva wrote:
I said they may show up again in a future event, read: Going through a dark dungeon and having the choice of picking a Wumpus Egg and possibly being forced to fight horrors beyond your imagination or making it out alive.

As part of a major, costly quest, right in the end, which picking the egg and failing causes failure on the whole quest.
Imagine that you already defeated Luvia, then you get warped to a dungeon with an invisible creature roaming around, which can hurt you severely if it catches to you (and it also forcefully warps you back a few tiles), need to run away and the treasure chest is right at the end, you lose HP every second you spend in the dungeon because the air is not exactly breathable and can even get poisoned if you don't have Resist Poison focused or some real vit+luk, but instead you can venture further to steal an egg and assuming you succeed and make out of that alive in one piece, you can keep the egg and the reward.

And if you die, the quest is over for you, need to redo everything. THIS would be closer to the intended difficulty level.

Which is precisely why we turned all the current eggs into salad.
Ahh, I did not know that. That sounds neat indeed, I’d like to see a real challenge on TMW.

I’m glad to see the Wumpus Egg will still have an use, and I’m looking forward to this quest.
TMW Masters