Event: The Return of Blanc

A section to post about events or discuss and organise new events.

Crew of Red Corsair
Novice
Novice

Event: The Return of Blanc

Post by Crew of Red Corsair »

jesusalva wrote: 02 Oct 2022, 19:00 ...
Every Friday, hourly, Blanc will launch a small-scale invasion at The Mana World. He'll attack all beaches, and even a beach on a cave. Every hour he'll spawn a single minion at each marked map, but they stack, for a maximum of 24 spawns per map per week.

There's no despawning, make sure that all monsters are purged at least once a week or Blanc will take over the beach with massive armies (I thought in a mobcount() where if monsters in a map get to X, the mobs start showing up in Hurnscald, but gave up).

This event will last until the Mirror Lake release. Or until we grow bored, whatever happen first. If the attack coincides with a Friday 13th, the Friday spawn takes precedence.

Why kill Blanc minions? They have 0.1% chance to drop the otherwise unobtainable Dragon Shield. The minions are always a Thug, Swashbuckler, Grenadier, or Dreaded Pirate Marley. They never change based on the map.

This release will happen soon™ and the new monsters who were added and are not on Evolved yet will block further updates until they're properly copied to Evolved.

Good luck!

From TMW forum topic The Mana World Legacy v2022.10.02
For background information, see Event: Red Corsair Day 2022
mrpingo
Peon
Peon

Re: Event: The Return of Blanc

Post by mrpingo »

Hello ManaWorldians!

I would love to participate in this event, but seems Fridays are not the "free-days" for most of us that want to enjoy the event as we had the ManaWars of Jande invasions. Great times for great wars. Said that, I want to make a schedule and level proposal:

1.- Is there any kind of problem or whatever reason to move this invasions to Saturdays so we (the players) would probably have more chance to have spare time to enjoy this?

2.- Another proposal of the players I've talked with is that we are used to real wars (refer to ManaWars level invasions) so, is there any chance of spawning more mobs? we would love a real challenge.

Thanks to everyone.

PiNGo

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

To be honest, this event just came to be while I was troubleshooting the Friday 13th cats code :lol:

As you know, every friday 13th, black cats spawn over the world, and killing them spawn a JackO. Besides, Hocus was complaining about Dragon Shield (the MLP quest for it should arrive before February 2023, but we usually miss deadlines so... Yep, there was a Hocus screaming at my head ^^)

I was also bored and had already finished Moubootaur Legends monthly update, so I decided this would be a good addition to Legacy even if it was half prototype half not serious.

So yes, it should be possible to add more monsters and move the event date to Saturday later. You might want to open a poll in Feedback section, though, so we can get the 69% votes and put the blame on the community this time :lol:

Personally, I don't like TMWA assembly-like coding style (so callsub instead of callfunc, no arguments so you need to save them as either player or map temporary variables which might not have been set and end up using a dirty state hard to detect and debug, void returns so you need to save the values even if you'll only use them once ─ usually for an if check ─ and then never again, no curly braces so everything must be a goto and returning to where you just goto'ed from is a hurdle, and you need an extra goto because o11c removed implicit fallthrough. Plus no loops, just hacks with goto which are easy to break and hard to debug) ─ but fixing that is HoraK's job, not mine.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

mrpingo
Peon
Peon

Post by mrpingo »

Purfect!

Thanks for you patience and your everlasting put of energy in the matter.

A poll has been created. Please vote here:
viewtopic.php?p=164063#p164063

PS: thanks both to think about giving the Dragon Shield a place to be in this marvellous adventure. I was missing it.

PS about scripting: summon a tee, place a puppet in front of you and cast some sorcerer spell or put a needle in it everytime you need someone to do things. :twisted: