[M+] home location buttons

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Raffe
Novice
Novice

[M+] home location buttons

Post by Raffe »

Hi...
I play manaplus v. 1.8.12.8 on a RPI4.

I have some issues with the use of "home location" and I would like to know if it is because of my version or if it because of my use (or misuse) of it.
I have assigned "set home location" to the button "home" and it seems to be working.
Then I have assigned "move to home location" to the button "end" - but when i press that key nothing happends.
I made sure o other keys were assigned to neither the "home" or the "end" button.

As for my understanding, I believe that first thing is placing a home location "tile" (with a number) using the "set home location" -button and then afterwards when pressing the "move to home location" would make my char walk back to the placed "tile".

Does anyone have any idea why I cant make it work ?

best regards Raffe

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: home location buttons

Post by WildX »

Might sound silly but have you tried assigning another button that isn't end? Might just be a conflict of key inputs or that specific key not responding to the client.

TMW Team member

Raffe
Novice
Novice

Post by Raffe »

Thanks for answering ;)

Yes I have also tried the default settings (set home location=right shift / go to home location=d) with no better result.
Am i correct when i believe that i can place a home location with one button and then afterwards return (within some limits) to that same place by pressing another button ?

best regards Raffe

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Spoiler:
2022-10-23 (1).png
2022-10-23 (1).png (286.4 KiB) Viewed 1432 times

Tested and it seems that it's a broken feature of the client. Reid says 4144 used it in the past so it would have worked at some point.

UPDATE: It's only partially broken and could still be used. Reid figured it out: set home location as normal, go to your social window (F11) in the Nav tab, you'll find the point you marked as coordinates at the bottom of the list, you can click on it to navigate there automatically. You can set multiple home points.

I don't know how the "return home" key is intended to work or why there's individual keys assigned to each home point that is set. Maybe Jak1 or Jes can help figure that one out.

UPDATE 2: After some playing around we figured out that by sitting down first and THEN setting a home location, you can use the feature as intended. The default return-home key is D.

We managed to reverse-engineer 4144's design :D

tl;dr
To properly use this feature you need to sit first.

TMW Team member

Raffe
Novice
Novice

Re: [M+] home location buttons

Post by Raffe »

THAT WORKED :D

Sitting down was the solution - even with the other keys assigned to those commands.
Thank you very much for the help ;)

best regards Raffe