v2022.11.09 ─ Live testing is now over

Where game and project announcements are made.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

v2022.11.09 ─ Live testing is now over

Post by jesusalva »

Exactly one week has passed, and as promised, live testing is now over.

Thanks for everyone's testing it, I was able to collect enough data to continue.

No further live testing is planned, and we have no intention to make further live tests. TMWA will now be frozen until the final version of this update comes out.

I had a stupid idea I want to try.
Real devs test in production, so, everyone is my guinea pig and will help me with feedback!

For about one week,
Mages will be able to use Concentration Potions, speed focus, etc.

With the risk of TMWA exploding because this is really reckless.
What will happen? Who knows! Maybe we'll see magic machineguns before Christmas.

I have boosted asorm in case you want to try PvP against the newly enhanced mages. Bring me tasty feedback!

Miscellaneous Changelog:

Spoiler:
  • Some dialogs in hurnscald mines changed

• Blanc's event now has much more monsters

• Blanc's event may now drop Corsair Hat

• Double XP no longer apply to quests

• New update server which hopefully downloads faster

• Setzer is now 10ms slower

• Phylactery now gives 5% more ASPD

• Attack speed bonuses are slightly weaker when you're faster than 300ms

• party badges removed

• level up SFX was rolled back

• Balthasar name was fixed (formely Orum Homunculus)

• Minor bugfixes

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: v2022.11.09 ─ Try out while it is hot!

Post by Hello=) »

Overall magic status: I think it got funny bug that ensured net result of change is close to "virtually unaffected".

Works like this:
charge lightning -> atk delay = X, betsanc -> atk delay = Y -> hit something -> atk delay = X again (and stays X for next shots)
Also non-commutative now:
betsanc, charge lightning -> atk delay X, stays X all the time (i.e. betsamc, charge not same as charge, betsanc in result)

Where X is normal delay upon charge (1213 ms in my case), Y is delay with betsanc effect (about 1900 ms in my case), and Y > X (slowdown of betsanc).

Conc pot also subject to this ... only 1st atk affected. Wasting pot on one-shot chaingun isnt practical. Subsequent shots reset to usual values from spell script, rendering pot useless. Interaction with betsanc looks even more funny, 1213 ms -> 1576?!?! Thus conc pot evemtually dubs as "slowdown pot" XD. Actually its due to 1900 ms (betsanced) -> 1576 actually, bit as it's been reset to 1213 already, so its 1213 -> 1576... for one shot. Then it 1213 until end of spell.

However since it only works on 1st shot out of the bunch overall result is quite simple: spell proceeds with values from spell script most of time and net effect of change is negligible. So as such it isnt much change from previous state of things.

Extra: Squip tested lightning with speed focus. He's been lv93 mage, and like that did 4 hits of lightning per pile of iron powder doing 300 HP damage each hit. This combo pointless for gameplay since weak 300 dmg hit costs in order of 30GP each and whole thing makes no point. IIRC astral focus + skill levels raise m.atk in quite steep manner so defocusing it isnt really option for mage as it is now.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I like rebalancing but why not use the test server? These things can turn out to be game breaking and there's nothing more permanent than a temporary change.

If you're worried about people not testing, just move a spawn party or other event to the test server to attract them.

TMW Team member

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

As mentioned previously, pushing this to test would cause a segmentation fault on main and net result would be data loss and a forced deployment to main anyway.

Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

cuoco
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by cuoco »

Totally against the setzer and speed nerf for warriors. Now playing feels like watching a 1080p youtube video on a 3G connection (annoyingly slow!!).
Please revert it back and abstain from uploading this kind of changes that break the gameplay mechanics on the production server.

⭐ Main char: cuoco at level 137
⭐ GM Char: Cuoco Gest

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

jesusalva wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 10:59

As mentioned previously, pushing this to test would cause a segmentation fault on main and net result would be data loss and a forced deployment to main anyway.

I'd say getting test server in shape would be a thing to chew on for admin, no? Nobody except adm got relevant accesses anyway, isnt it? Furthermore, I do remember once test server been entirely independent set of processes. If some ppl wonder why... okay, you've finally figured answer: if independent set of processes crashes to hell, or even corrupts its INDEPENDENT data set, nobody would even notice a thing on prod. That's been whole point of such setup. So it could crash, corrupt data or something. That's what test servers for.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

cuoco wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 19:03

abstain from uploading this kind of changes that break the gameplay mechanics on the production server.

While I agree that a testing environment is better, live testing is also a thing. People should understand that balance tweaks happen in all games and the community doesn't get to order the developers to stop. The ultimate goal is to make the game better for everyone, not the people who want to keep their specific build. This is an MMO.

EDIT: Discussion moved to viewtopic.php?t=21500

TMW Team member

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

This is v2022.11.10 ─ going live in about two hours and already live on test server.

1. I fixed magic machine gun, but there have been reports of desync. Please test it, conc potion work now on magic :P

2. ASPD nerf was drastically nerfed. Meaning it was buffed, but compared to earlier values it is still a nerf.

3. upmarmu was nerfed. But I believe they can use conc potions now and neglect the nerf.

Keep testing and giving me feedback; it helps to improve the game for everyone. The new equips should arrive by Friday, hopefully.

I admit yesterday update was disappointing, but yesterday is yesterday and today is today :alt-0:

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Test Server values differ from items.xml ─ the following changes must be observed:

* Silver Arrow Range +1 → +2
* Thorn Arrow Crit +5 → +7
* Armor Breaker Arrow Penalty -150 → -120 Dmg
* Sand Cutter Hit +3
* Jackal Hit +5 / Drain +5%
* Dragon Sword Hit +5 / Str +5
* Dragon Sword penalty triggers only 60% of time

Jackal and Dragon Sword is also slightly faster than the Sand Cutter and Setzer.

Updated 2022-11-12 23:35 BRT

Last edited by jesusalva on 13 Nov 2022, 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: New update

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Exactly one week has passed, and as promised, live testing is now over.

Thanks for everyone's testing it, I was able to collect enough data to continue.

No further live testing is planned, and we have no intention to make further live tests. TMWA will now be frozen until the final version of this update comes out.

All players who login between now and the update will receive a small memento for participating on the Live Test. Thanks everyone!
* Limited to 1 per account