[LY] Revamp bp requirement for Enchanter's Amulet and Magic Ring

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

kereszte
Peon
Peon

[LY] Revamp bp requirement for Enchanter's Amulet and Magic Ring

Post by kereszte »

Currently on Chronos:
-Enchanter's Amulet: 20k bp
-Magic Ring: 15k bp

This seems way too high since they are from the chest. And other items for 15-20k bp are way more powerful (and valued).

How about something like:
-Enchanter's Amulet: 10k bp
-Magic Ring: 5k bp

Please let me know what you think :P

ThinkSome
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: [LY] Revamp bp requirement for Enchanter's Amulet and Magic Ring

Post by ThinkSome »

The enchanter's amulet is pretty good stuff. If you are only hitting 50% of the time, then equipping that +22hit bonus makes you hit 72% of the time, which is a 44% improvement! And this only gets better the lower your accuracy. With enchanter's, I can, at lvl 93, deal with crypt mobs while having only 2 dex. That means I can redirect those stat points elsewhere.

I agree on the magic ring. It seems to be frequently available for 500k gp and an item that every regular player has in abundance.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Definitely a no-go for 5k tier ─ that's an entirely decorative tier. Items with function besides looking cool are not intended for that tier altogether (even if it is function is arguably poor).

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

ThinkSome
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by ThinkSome »

jesusalva wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 12:35

What about just throwing the thing out of Chronos's shop?

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

I mean, Chronos Shop is a secondary, alternative way to acquire items you want. The amulet for example is a rare drop.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

jesusalva wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 16:41

I mean, Chronos Shop is a secondary, alternative way to acquire items you want. The amulet for example is a rare drop.

Agreed. These are priced high because there are already 2 ways to get them both. The amulet is now highly sought after. This game has changed so much over the years. We used to pay 1,000,000GP to set a gem in a ring. Buying a simple ring (outside of the LTQ quest), was I think, 500,000GP. All rings gave +1 in one stat. Its definitely true that the more people get, the more they want. FTR, I was against Chronos selling ANY quest item, but now its the go to way to acquire things. One thing that is a concern to me, is that the magic ring has lost a LOT of value due to being so common. IDK if the amulet should have better chances at the chest or if a 3rd item added would help with that. Also the magic ring, and that its so common, makes the sapphire ring even more worthless. That is also a concern when it cost a min of 1kk at one time.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak