Unbridged IRC channel

Where game and project announcements are made.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Unbridged IRC channel

Post by WildX »

If being in the presence of a Discord bridge is against your religious beliefs you may now access the TMW community on
#themanaworld-irc on Libera Chat IRC.

Be aware that a lot of people may be available to chat on Discord and therefore activity on this channel will be lower, but you will certainly be able to talk to members of TMW Team when they're available. Any bridges or potentially concerning bots will always be kept out of this channel.

TMW Team member

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Unbridged IRC channel

Post by Hello=) »

Oh, interesting idea, guess this place can be a bit more appealing for me to dwell as well. And I wouldn't call distaste to licking corporate boots of i++'th shady corp taking users for "assets" and "property" - and not even hiding that as "religion". More like basic self-respect and refusal to be someone's else "property" or "asset". Look, this nice corp is actively hostile to e.g. alternate clients development, this goes well against of any opensource values I can think of.

The only thing I dont really get is: why it posted in web development? IRC isnt web. Even if it got web gateway, web gateway is as much of IRC as e.g. ManaMarket who's also some gateway.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I didn't really know where to post because it's not really in-game and it's also not web as you pointed out. I kind of threw it in here. Perhaps it should just be in News.

EDIT: Moved to News :D

TMW Team member

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

I also got question: does it also affects opensource bridges - only relying on opensource techs "end to end" and not relying on anything proprietary at all? I can think e.g. some things around Tox distributed network at some point. Not like if I got something I'm immediately ready to offer at hand - but it makes me curious - and it isn't just me to have some strange kinds of fun around these arcane techs. At which point "somehow word 'irc bridge' comes to mind". Makes me wonder what policies on this, who/where/how make these, what rationale is behind, etc, etc.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

WildX wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 22:47

If being in the presence of a Discord bridge is against your religious beliefs [...]

/me throws holy water from the Church of Emacs at WildX

ThinkSome
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by ThinkSome »

Joined!

This room is also accessible via Matrix at #themanaworld-irc:libera.chat. Why is it not under The Mana World Matrix organisation?

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

What do you mean by Matrix organisation? The service is available, there is not much more organisation than that.

TMW Team member

ThinkSome
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by ThinkSome »

Possibly this, but don't know how to check: viewtopic.php?t=21308

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Sorry, I forgot.

I'll fix.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.