[WIP] Fire temple

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

[WIP] Fire temple

Post by Merlin »

Here's a thread to start on the creation of a fire temple as planned by our crazy admin.
While I found we didn't have much to work with I was able to find some sprites from the opensource community that could be edited to fit and provide the function. I have reached out to the artist of this work and noticed he has also made some other great works. I invited him to take a look at the project and approval my adaption of his work. Granted all I really need to do is provide attribution and adhere to the cy-by 4, but wanted to extend professional courtesy to the artist and perhaps they might join the project.

Here is the link of the work I want to sample: https://opengameart.org/content/aztec-tileset

This is what I have cooked up so far:

Temple-Fire-Prototype.png
Temple-Fire-Prototype.png (91.01 KiB) Viewed 36844 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [WIP] Fire temple

Post by Merlin »

I tried to get them to join but they weren't about all that. They very much wanted me to still use that set in this project so I'm moving forward with my derivative work to make them work for the task. I've broken the set down to manage and map easier. Huge tileset is a pita when working in tiled.

Attachments
Temple_Fire_Ground_2.png
Temple_Fire_Ground_2.png (15.52 KiB) Viewed 22766 times
Temple_Fire_Ground_1.png
Temple_Fire_Ground_1.png (42.18 KiB) Viewed 22766 times
Temple_Fire_4.png
Temple_Fire_4.png (9.25 KiB) Viewed 22766 times
Temple_Fire_3.png
Temple_Fire_3.png (9.02 KiB) Viewed 22766 times
Temple_Fire_2.png
Temple_Fire_2.png (6.99 KiB) Viewed 22766 times
Temple_Fire_1.png
Temple_Fire_1.png (11.46 KiB) Viewed 22766 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Merlin wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 14:01

I've broken the set down to manage and map easier. Huge tileset is a pita when working in tiled.

Btw, if you'd prefer to keep it as one huge tileset, I can try to make it easier to work with in Tiled. I'm currently thinking a "scratch panel" (see issue #3288) could make this easier, but it might also be enough to just improve the navigation in the tileset view to be more similar to the map view, or to add a way to expand it. Your feedback is welcome!

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Love it. Looks dark here, but my brightness is down and I can still see the detail. Nice bonus if anyone else is interested in the project too.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak