Request: upmarmu downtime

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

asuratva
Peon
Peon

Request: upmarmu downtime

Post by asuratva »

Hi, the 25s downtime is kinda long after 200 hits of upmarmu. Instead of a full 25s after every 200 hits, could you spread it out as 5s every 40 hits?

Preferably, change the way it works to add a delay before upmarmu effect kicks in after consuming beer (instead of the way it is currently implemented) so we don't waste beers. If I understand the code correctly, currently if we hit 200 hits while some charges are still remaining, we lose the charges.
EDIT: To clarify, I mean instead of a delay after a number of hits, have a fixed 5s delay every time the user casts upmarmu. If 5s isn't a sufficient nerf, maybe have the delay scale based on dex or int or str or some combination of stats. (basically, the higher your dex/int/str, the longer it takes the alcohol to kick in :P )

Chars: SIGSEGV, LeChuck, Halfwit, Xyzzy, asuratva

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Request: upmarmu downtime

Post by Ledmitz »

We do plan on revisiting upmarmu, actually. We needed a quick fix to make this spell less exploitative, which it did, but we also discussed other possible ways. We're currently waiting on an update to become live where con pots no longer affect magic and betsanc, once again has no attack delay effect on spells. After we see the effects of this we'll look at upmarmu further, probably not use dex in thet calculation since this is magic, but we did discuss using multiple stats also. As for the cool down, we'll take your suggestion into consideration. We'll have to weigh a lot of things out because assassin gear and brawler class have changes planned as well. (make brawling better and nerf assassin suit and allow all to equip).

Thanks, BTW on the productive suggestion. Its nicer than a plain 'ol complaint anyday. :)

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

asuratva
Peon
Peon

Post by asuratva »

Cool, looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

I mentioned dex because upmarmu duration (number of charges) is affected by dex, but, you're right, doesn't really fit in with the magic theme.

Chars: SIGSEGV, LeChuck, Halfwit, Xyzzy, asuratva

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

I believe all magic uses dex and agi, or are supposed to at least originally. Because (originally) magic is not verbal, but require motion of hands, which is governed by those two attributes. So while intelligence affects the overall power, (originally) dex and agi would govern the time required to cast and etc.

But it's TMWA we're talking about, and TMWA is a fine mess, so...
Actually, all classes were meant to rely on 3~4 attributes with one primary and the rest secondary, but we broke this long ago

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

jesusalva wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 17:14

dex and agi would govern the time required to cast and etc.

Casting times... that is exactly what most attack spells don't have. Currently agi does affect the attack speed, but only with upmarmu does dex get used in TMW, that I know of, but yes I have said many times that more than one stat should be used. the more , the better and vit should also guard from physical magic attacks, like flar, ingrav and frillyar, but confringo uses no components so only int should defend maybe. Just throwing ideas out there now.

Its also worth noting that if attack magic took time to cast, then it also makes sense to boost the dmg accordingly, if possible.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Ledmitz wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 21:30
jesusalva wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 17:14

dex and agi would govern the time required to cast and etc.

Casting times... that is exactly what most attack spells don't have. Currently agi does affect the attack speed, but only with upmarmu does dex get used in TMW, that I know of, but yes I have said many times that more than one stat should be used. the more , the better and vit should also guard from physical magic attacks, like flar, ingrav and frillyar, but confringo uses no components so only int should defend maybe. Just throwing ideas out there now.

Its also worth noting that if attack magic took time to cast, then it also makes sense to boost the dmg accordingly, if possible.

I believe upmarmu and frillyar, being a physical magic attack, is subject to vitality.

Ingrav and Flar are pure magic attacks and will not consider physical def.

I may be wrong. As I said earlier, I stopped keeping track of what tmwa does and whatnot. When/if Merlin finishes the Water Temple, I'll come back to finish that specific quest, but I have no other plans for TMW Classic besides usual sysadmin duties e.g. maintenance.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.