Buy shops are not accessible

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

quietlyquietly
Peon
Peon

Buy shops are not accessible

Post by quietlyquietly »

This is a question on keyboard setup (maybe), and it is difficult to identify if this is the right forum for such questions, as it could be a request for support too.

I was investigating buying some dark blue clothes off one of the other players. Such a thing is probably not useful one that particular quest is done, someone might be willing to sell some. I could not seem to get anyone's attention so I tried to look at some of the players who stand around with a $ over their heads. They are running shops, and I should be able to see if they are offering any dark blue clothes.
I had looked at one before and they had high level items in a buy menu.
This time I cannot get into the buy menu. The "BUY" does not show up in their menu. Trade does, but that is something else.

I will either make some dark blue clothes or get some, I do not need that solved here.

This is about why has the shops access failed.
Is there a setting that I could of changed, or is there a key assignment that is required ?
Is is possible that all those shop owners have all decided to mark me as "ignored" ? Would I know in any way ?

I recently setup my keyboard for WASD, and had to move many keys elsewhere, or just disable some key assignments that I did not recognize.
Because of that my keyboard setup is questionable anytime some weird happens, and it may be involved with this.

I have read through the wiki over this issue for an hour and half already.
I have decided that this is probably less intrusive than going around in the game and trying to ask someone (even though there seem to be no shortage of players standing around looking dead to the world).

There seem to be some social rules regarding saying "Hi I have a question" in the game. Enough so, that I have tried to research it myself, but the wiki is long and not entirely clear and search does not find anything even when it is a menu item directly from the game (such as "Erase" and "Imitate"). So I am trying to ask here.

Extraneous: Why does the menu have an item that allows you to "Undress" another player. That is one that I do not dare touch.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Buy shops are not accessible

Post by jesusalva »

There's a distance limit. That shop button is a client thing, not server, which wraps automatic trade requests. Try getting closer and using it.

No, you wouldn't know if you're ignored.

ManaPlus is terribly undocumented. For players and devs alike. "Erase" will hide the player entirely (never do that in PVP maps), "Imitate" is self explanatory, "undress" hides all their equipments because... No idea, really, only relog will fix.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I just checked to be sure. If trading is disabled, you will see no Buy/Sell options on right-click. You will see a trade window for a moment before it closes on a trade request though from another. The default toggle key for trading is "R". You can see its status in the debug tab also. If R does nothing, you may need to enable the yellow bar or set a key for toggling trade if none is set in Settings/Input/Basic. I hope that helps.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

quietlyquietly
Peon
Peon

Post by quietlyquietly »

Thank you, trading is probably disabled. I guess the shops are trading too.

I switched to WASD, and the E R F keys are now target and attack keys.
Anytime I try to assign a key, I get a conflict, because there are just too many needs, and not enough keyboard.
((I finally got enable trades assigned to the keypad * ))
When trying to assign keys, it would help much if I could find out what keys are NOT USED.

I need a menu, like those white menus in top right corner of screen.
Got BA, CA, and MA menus that do not do anything (and they ALL say u key, but u key does nothing).
Now I Cannot find that master menu that got me the CH menu up there.

Do not know what yellow bar is.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Right click HP Bar.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

quietlyquietly
Peon
Peon

Post by quietlyquietly »

I fixed the Shops problem by assigning enable trading the the keypad.

I think "u key" means unassigned. Almost anything other indication would be more accurate, like "-"..

Thank you, right click, and there is another menu there.
This system really needs a master menu.

It lets me reset the yellow bar, and goes to yellow bar settings (which are all the assignable behavior settings).
Still have not seen a yellow bar. Don't know what the yellow bar has that I am looking for at this point.
I got green, blue, aqua, pinkish, and on the right white.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Unassigned is "Unknown Key". The Yellow bar will appear grey, if not active. It shows a string of letters and numbers in it that change based on settings. Yes, its weird. The original dev of M+ is no longer. ManaVerse, its fork probably won't tackle changing all this stuff, but there is work being done to the original Mana client, which is exciting news. Let's all hope for a working one with simpler options and a few extra features for spells, etc. rubs hands together

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak