item description

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.
Forum rules
This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums
Post Reply
Blamoo
Peon
Peon
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:07 pm

item description

Post by Blamoo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:34 pm

an idea from maplestory... show a window when mouse is over an item with its description... current description space is too small


Image


88
User avatar
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1113
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:29 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: item description

Post by i » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Actually I thought about something like that too. It could be nice to have label after click or even like in ragnarok online another window for item description and additional picture.
Retired chainsaw seller. CEO @ Advertising Agency N2P
zick
Novice
Novice
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:30 am
Location: City Of Champions Again

Re: item description

Post by zick » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Or we can just be creative and add descriptions that fit in the space provided.
User avatar
Sertraline
Novice
Novice
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:29 am
Location: Austin, TX, USA

Re: item description

Post by Sertraline » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:26 am

zick wrote:Or we can just be creative and add descriptions that fit in the space provided.
:| The discussion is about improvement to the current descriptions--the least you could do is explain why you believe the current system is superior to something more practical and aesthetically pleasing.
User avatar
Len
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1479
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:17 am
Location: Lurking in the shadows

Re: item description

Post by Len » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:36 pm

i wrote:Actually I thought about something like that too. It could be nice to have label after click or even like in ragnarok online another window for item description and additional picture.
That would give the concept artists something to do :) and the pictures could be more painterly than the pixel art
Image
Pixel Battalion
zick
Novice
Novice
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:30 am
Location: City Of Champions Again

Re: item description

Post by zick » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:52 pm

I really don't like the "tool tip" idea ... I f it were up to me I'd eliminate the mouse completely and use the keyboard to navigate everything. Its faster and you don't have to switch between input devices.
User avatar
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1113
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:29 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: item description

Post by i » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Len wrote:
i wrote:Actually I thought about something like that too. It could be nice to have label after click or even like in ragnarok online another window for item description and additional picture.
That would give the concept artists something to do :) and the pictures could be more painterly than the pixel art
They could be painting or svg graphics as well.
(ref. http://www.noirstudio.pl/tmw/concept-ar ... eapons.svg)
Retired chainsaw seller. CEO @ Advertising Agency N2P
User avatar
Len
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1479
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:17 am
Location: Lurking in the shadows

Re: item description

Post by Len » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:20 am

i wrote:
Len wrote:
i wrote:Actually I thought about something like that too. It could be nice to have label after click or even like in ragnarok online another window for item description and additional picture.
That would give the concept artists something to do :) and the pictures could be more painterly than the pixel art
They could be painting or svg graphics as well.
(ref. http://www.noirstudio.pl/tmw/concept-ar ... eapons.svg)
Or both :)

It would be nice to have something like the pictures on the cards from ragnarok online, with each artist using his own medium and style…
Image
Pixel Battalion
Post Reply