Some additions I would like to see

Content and general development discussion, including maps, quests, and server code from the development team.
User avatar
Landon
Novice
Novice
Posts: 136
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 22:09

Some additions I would like to see

Post by Landon » 08 Mar 2008, 08:49

I would like to see another cave filled with nothing but black scorpions and spiders, and I would also like to see a working bank.
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
User avatar
MerlinX420
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 575
Joined: 23 Dec 2007, 05:42

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by MerlinX420 » 08 Mar 2008, 13:32

what about red slimes? From my understanding the bank isn't going to work until the next server.
How ever I'm planning on making some caves next. Caves a rather small and simpler maps then the forest's I've been working on lately. I have at lest 3 Cave maps planned, but there's alot more cave entrances on the mountain pass map that need to be done also.
If anyone wants to get involved there's a HMC Dev group meeting today, Saturday at 20:00 Server Time at dimonds Cove.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
User avatar
Landon
Novice
Novice
Posts: 136
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 22:09

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by Landon » 08 Mar 2008, 15:50

I like the idea of just scorpions and spiders because will keep lower level characters out. The south cave is Intermediate, a spider and black scorpion cave would be advanced, and of course the new snake cave is for a master. See where I am going with this.
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
User avatar
MerlinX420
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 575
Joined: 23 Dec 2007, 05:42

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by MerlinX420 » 08 Mar 2008, 17:03

I see. The only problem is that spiders drop nothing but keys. There used only in one place and one time. Perhaps another Tresrure chest that take 6 or 9 key to open would give something useful. Even if it's nothing big.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
User avatar
leeor_net
Novice
Novice
Posts: 180
Joined: 03 Feb 2008, 10:17
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by leeor_net » 19 Mar 2008, 23:46

How about instead of saying "I want someone to make this for me" just download the tools and make it yourself. That's the point of open-source content development and that's been the resounding answer for anybody who says "I want" versuses "How can I do it myself?".
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
User avatar
Len
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1479
Joined: 05 Feb 2007, 07:17
Location: Lurking in the shadows

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by Len » 20 Mar 2008, 00:11

OMG, Why would you want another generic cave filled with monsters that you have already seen and fought in other maps? >< How can it be that I have fallen on such deaf ears. :evil:

Wish for a caldera’s fiery pits or a map made of mist and clouds

But Please don't wish for the same old stuff that you have already seen!!

Image
Last edited by Len on 20 Mar 2008, 00:19, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Pixel Battalion
User avatar
AxlTrozz
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 843
Joined: 05 Aug 2006, 00:12
Location: Now from TX

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by AxlTrozz » 20 Mar 2008, 00:12

..and wrong forum, suggestions are posted on Suggestions and Feedbacks forum :wink:
User avatar
Landon
Novice
Novice
Posts: 136
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 22:09

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by Landon » 20 Mar 2008, 00:24

Len wrote:Reply with quote
Wow, do you even play the game? lots of people I talk to like the idea.
leeor_net wrote:How about instead of saying "I want someone to make this for me" just download the tools and make it yourself. That's the point of open-source content development and that's been the resounding answer for anybody who says "I want" versuses "How can I do it myself?".
Good suggestion, wrong person; I have a wide variety of tools I use for development, but just so little time. Merlin likes the idea and might work on it, why do I need to? I have other content development I am planning for TMW.
AxlTrozz wrote:..and wrong forum, suggestions are posted on Suggestions and Feedbacks forum :wink:
Merlin sounded like he wanted to work on it, sounded like content development to me.
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
User avatar
Len
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1479
Joined: 05 Feb 2007, 07:17
Location: Lurking in the shadows

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by Len » 20 Mar 2008, 00:30

Landon wrote:
Len wrote:Reply with quote
lots of people I talk to like the idea.

Reply with quote? I never said that

And I believe they liked the idea of new maps to explore, and not the idea of it being filled with the same monsters from other maps
Wow, do you even play the game?
"Who the HELL do you think I am?" -Gurren Lagann reference :wink:
Image
Pixel Battalion
User avatar
leeor_net
Novice
Novice
Posts: 180
Joined: 03 Feb 2008, 10:17
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by leeor_net » 20 Mar 2008, 18:49

Good suggestion, wrong person; I have a wide variety of tools I use for development, but just so little time. Merlin likes the idea and might work on it, why do I need to? I have other content development I am planning for TMW.
Um, I don't think so. Very much the right person. Just because you can develop content doesn't mean that you're above everyone else in demanding it. So I reiterate my point -- if you want something, don't ask other people to do it for you. Instead, just do it yourself.

Further, if you 'don't have the time' to develop your own suggestion but you have the time to develop something else, I'd say it's probably not worth anybody's time and effort seeing how it's not worth yours.

EDIT:
I forgot the second part of your requests -- the bank. I do think that belongs in the Content Development but I have a suggestion for you. I've become quite familiar with using the Lua scripts to make NPC's work in TMW. If you have any particular thoughts on exactly how it should work and look, PM me and we can get something together and submit it for review by the Dev's. That is something I'd be happy to help with... :)
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Newbie
Peon
Peon
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 18:59

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by Newbie » 20 Mar 2008, 21:06

leeor_net wrote: Further, if you 'don't have the time' to develop your own suggestion but you have the time to develop something else, I'd say it's probably not worth anybody's time and effort seeing how it's not worth yours.
I disagree with this.
There really are people who just don't have any free time in their hands (taking care of their family, making living and so on).
I think it is good thing that people suggest things even if they would not have time to develope it themself because there might be
someone else with free time and interest just looking for something to do.
Just because he is too busy to do it himself does not mean the idea is bad.

Edit: This post has nothing to do with the actual idea he suggested
User avatar
leeor_net
Novice
Novice
Posts: 180
Joined: 03 Feb 2008, 10:17
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by leeor_net » 21 Mar 2008, 01:29

Perhaps I should have noted that I was making a hypothetical statement versus what I actually think about it. Regardless, I think it's been mentioned that suggestions should probably be in the suggestions forum.

Oh, and Len, once again, fabulous work! :)
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
User avatar
Saphy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 371
Joined: 09 Nov 2006, 19:32

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by Saphy » 22 Mar 2008, 01:24

Newbie wrote:
I disagree with this.
There really are people who just don't have any free time in their hands (taking care of their family, making living and so on).
I think it is good thing that people suggest things even if they would not have time to develope it themself because there might be
someone else with free time and interest just looking for something to do.
Just because he is too busy to do it himself does not mean the idea is bad.

Edit: This post has nothing to do with the actual idea he suggested
Indeed, it is understandable that not everyone can spare time (which is why I will never get married :P). but I do agree that one should at least try to put some afforts into adding features to the game or the game will never see daylight. We all need to work, study, and put foods into our mouths. Think of this as a community, such as a church or something. If everyone just mind their own business and are not willing to make sacrifices, do you think the community can survive? That said, everyone has their own values and idealogy, and I respect that. To be or not to be, let one decides for him/herself.
User avatar
leeor_net
Novice
Novice
Posts: 180
Joined: 03 Feb 2008, 10:17
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by leeor_net » 22 Mar 2008, 02:31

Well said.

My offer to help develop the banker NPC stands, however. I just need somebody to help me decide how it will work simply because I've been using TMW's code for a different project so I have my own ideas... TMW's needs are probably different than mine... :D
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
User avatar
Saphy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 371
Joined: 09 Nov 2006, 19:32

Re: Some additions I would like to see

Post by Saphy » 22 Mar 2008, 20:55

leeor_net wrote:Well said.

My offer to help develop the banker NPC stands, however. I just need somebody to help me decide how it will work simply because I've been using TMW's code for a different project so I have my own ideas... TMW's needs are probably different than mine... :D
banker NPC stands?
Post Reply