Magic Mouth

Content and general development discussion, including maps, quests, and server code from the development team.
User avatar
fate
Novice
Novice
Posts: 402
Joined: 20 Mar 2008, 15:34

Re: Magic Mouth

Post by fate » 28 May 2008, 18:23

Shaili,

agreed. I also anti-aliased it a little more.
mmfinal-3.png
mmfinal-3.png (1.81 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
mmfinal-3-demo.png
mmfinal-3-demo.png (9.07 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
-- fate
User avatar
Shaili (a.k.a. tds)
Novice
Novice
Posts: 168
Joined: 20 Feb 2008, 11:50
Contact:

Re: Magic Mouth

Post by Shaili (a.k.a. tds) » 28 May 2008, 18:42

Looks really better ^^
It's fine, indeed! Lovable, if you let me use this term :D
Ingame I am: Shaili, Lv. 9X

Image Proud Italian TMW Player

Image You can find me on Last.fm
User avatar
fate
Novice
Novice
Posts: 402
Joined: 20 Mar 2008, 15:34

Re: Magic Mouth

Post by fate » 28 May 2008, 19:46

Hi,

thanks again, everyone :-) Here it is in action:
mm-screenshot-fragment.png
mm-screenshot-fragment.png (140.37 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
-- fate
User avatar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 3154
Joined: 08 Sep 2004, 20:48
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: Magic Mouth

Post by Rotonen » 28 May 2008, 22:05

Now make it float and weave in the air nicely.

Animation cycles are fun. :twisted:
This message used to be meaningful.
User avatar
Dawn
Novice
Novice
Posts: 167
Joined: 30 Mar 2008, 02:28
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Magic Mouth

Post by Dawn » 29 May 2008, 11:46

It looks wonderful, I like how it floats around. :)
User avatar
Shaggy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 132
Joined: 22 Apr 2008, 13:56
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: Magic Mouth

Post by Shaggy » 29 May 2008, 12:25

It looks lovely.

One thing, though... how about adding transparency to the aura? :wink:
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).
User avatar
Dawn
Novice
Novice
Posts: 167
Joined: 30 Mar 2008, 02:28
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Magic Mouth

Post by Dawn » 31 May 2008, 07:13

Does it just stay in one spot or bob around?
User avatar
GonzoDark
Novice
Novice
Posts: 325
Joined: 21 Apr 2007, 10:27
Location: Denmark

Re: Magic Mouth

Post by GonzoDark » 06 Aug 2008, 03:34

poke

why did this great idea die out? :roll:

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Image
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Magic Mouth

Post by Jaxad0127 » 06 Aug 2008, 03:40

GonzoDark wrote:poke

why did this great idea die out? :roll:

// GonzoDark
It was going to be used by the eA magic patch fate made. Since that was stalled, so has this.
Image
User avatar
fate
Novice
Novice
Posts: 402
Joined: 20 Mar 2008, 15:34

Re: Magic Mouth

Post by fate » 06 Aug 2008, 06:05

Jaxad,
jaxad0127 wrote: It was going to be used by the eA magic patch fate made. Since that was stalled, so has this.
Correction: to the best of my knowledge both the client-side and server-side patches are complete and fully operational. However, since the client-side patch didn't go into 0.0.25 (my fault for not continuously prodding people to include it, I presume), the magic mouth spell (which is the only spell that truly depends on the client-side patch to avoid a segmentation fault) cannot be activated.

That being said, I do not expect the magic patch to be activated, which is why I closed it as a `wontfix' issue (cf. http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4627). I do have some sympathy for the TMW developers' perspective on this, though, as they (a) have no reason to trust me or the patch and (b) apparently have no-one actively working on the eathena server at this point. However, I will go no more off-topic than that.

Meanwhile, the image could still be re-used for some quest NPC.

-- fate
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Magic Mouth

Post by Jaxad0127 » 06 Aug 2008, 06:21

fate wrote:Jaxad,
jaxad0127 wrote: It was going to be used by the eA magic patch fate made. Since that was stalled, so has this.
Correction: to the best of my knowledge both the client-side and server-side patches are complete and fully operational. However, since the client-side patch didn't go into 0.0.25 (my fault for not continuously prodding people to include it, I presume), the magic mouth spell (which is the only spell that truly depends on the client-side patch to avoid a segmentation fault) cannot be activated.
That's what I meant. I'll try to be more specific in the future.
fate wrote:Meanwhile, the image could still be re-used for some quest NPC.
Yes. Or a monster.
Image
Post Reply