The Mana World Workshop

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Re: The Mana World Workshop

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I tryed the application and items/player viewer seem to be working correctly.
Monster viewer doesn't, my monster list is empty.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The monster viewer was slightly restructured so the data base is loaded in the background (to keep the GUI responsive). I'll add a progress indicator so it doesn't look frozen or something. If it doesn't load after a minute (should be much less), could attach your log file (~/.tmww/tmww.log)?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Still "Loading monsters".

My log:
Loging enabled
Loading default settings
Loading user settings
Processing settings
Attempting to set writable data directory to C:\Documents and Settings\eugenio.favalli\TMWWorkshop
Attempting to set client data directory to C:\Documents and Settings\eugenio.favalli\.tmw
Client data directory already set.
Attempting to set app data directory to C:\Documents and Settings\eugenio.favalli\Documenti\Progetti\tmwdata
Null InputStream for /lang/it/text
Null InputStream for /lang/it/actions/tasks/recolor
Null InputStream for /lang/it/actions/tasks/minimap/minimap
Null InputStream for /lang/it/actions/tasks/minimap/opacity
Restoring state for window 'task_window'
Setting WorkshopWindow state to 1
Null InputStream for /lang/it/actions/monsterViewer/reload
Creating MonsterViewer
Null InputStream for /lang/it/actions/sprite/pause
Null InputStream for /lang/it/actions/sprite/play
Null InputStream for /lang/it/actions/sprite/stepForward
Null InputStream for /lang/it/actions/sprite/stop
Restoring state for window 'monster_viewer'
Setting WorkshopWindow state to 6
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

There was a typo in the monster viewer (I can't even imagine how it was working on the computer I was using). I've uploaded a new version with monster loading fixed. I've also fix some dummy text in the settings dialog, along with some other things).
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

A new version is up. Major changes include fixed to the loading of the monster database (there should no longer be any race conditions). I've applied the same loading procedure to the items database and appropriate changes to the Item and Player Viewers, though the database can only be reloaded from the Item Viewer, for now. You can also now load images from the Monster and Player Viewers into one or more Recolor Workshops (depending on the number of recolorable images defined for the sprite), along with their dyes. In the Monster Viewer, this option is in the same menu as the reload command (on the monster list), and it loads images for the current monster. In the Player Viewer, this option is in the same menu as the opacity slider, and it loads images for the currently selected equipment in the drop down box under the menu. Changing the dyes in the Recolor Workshop won't effect the Viewers. I'll add an animation feature to Recolor Workshop in a future update. Custom Recolor Workshops will now no longer load if the selected image isn't recolorable. I'll add dialogs for these conditions soon.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Nice, it works now.
blameu
Peon
Peon

Post by blameu »

hey could you add a reload button for reloading the database
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

blameu wrote:hey could you add a reload button for reloading the database
Both databases can already be reloaded. In the Monster Viewer, right-click on the monster listing and select the reload option. In the Item Viewer, right-click on the item listing and select the reload option. The Player Viewer uses the item database, so reloading it from the Item Viewer will suffice.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

A new version is up. Color dragging in the Recolor Workshop has been improved and you can delete colors by dragging them to the black areas at the beginning of each list. You can also save recolored images with the save button on the toolbar (image format is taken from the file extension). The Minimapper can now resize minimaps to the correct size. It also has an interface for choosing which algorithms to run, which sizes to output (small, full, or both) and which maps to run it on. In the Monster Viewer, the menu for reloading the database and loading sprites into the Recolor Workshop can be opened in the sprite area as well as the monster listing. For those who have been looking at the code, the package structure has been altered in this release (common GUI elements have been collected in their own package).
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

I cannot view anything. It just says unknown Status.
Formerly Blacklord
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Blacklord wrote:I cannot view anything. It just says unknown Status.
The message should include 2 numbers. Could you post them and your log file?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I've uploaded a new version (0.0.25rc1). I'm working towards a 0.0.25 release. Version numbers will match the client versions the Workshop is made to act like (when resource handling changes). This version allows extension and splits the Minimapper and Recolor Workshop off into extensions for easier managing. Extensions can go in one of two places: the ext directory where the workshop jar file is located (system-wide extensions) or the ext directory under your settings directory (.tmww). The extensions in your settings directory take precedence over the system-wide extensions (when names conflict). Please check and see if any functionality has been lost. New functionality includes the ability to open item icons in the Recolor Workshop and a simple map viewer.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

I just decided to try this. Downloaded the jar files. Does not work correctly.

Running with java -jar workshop-0.0.25rc1.jar & gives this console output, and a screenshot.

Running with LANG=C java -jar workshop-0.0.25rc1.jar & gives this console output, and a screenshot.

This is what I do when I need to study... Hence the screenshots.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

A low priority, just for information post.

A new try as I am running Ubuntu Intrepid now. It works better than last month. Though:

1. The log says that it cannot find .../updates/resources2.txt. Is it a must to use the data from the updates, and not the checked out data from Subversion? (I do not use the updates at all.)
2. This archive only contains the images directory, nothing else...
3. The links to the jars of the minimapper and recolor extensions do not work.

(I guess I should learn how to build java from sources.)
pateame

Post by pateame »

I know this post is quite old, but I would ask:
¿Does anyone have a copy/backup of the workshop.jar file?
I lost my USB with most of TMW stuff and the current URL link for download is broken :(