Attack types and resists

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Lecter
Novice
Novice

Attack types and resists

Post by Lecter »

This would be like wesnoth and diablo, I dunno if itll be implemented in next server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Attack types and resists

Post by Crush »

Please be more specific.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I think he means stuff like pierce damage/resistance and blunt damage/resistance.

The only stuff like that in the works is for mana elements.
Lecter
Novice
Novice

Post by Lecter »

Just saw that in another forum people asked more cooprstive team play, as an answer to that only possibility was having tough monsters that even highest levels couldnt fight, well attacktype/resist could help it, if you would have monsters resistant to physical attacks mixed with some others resistant to magical attacks you would need mages with attackers mixed.

Also some quests could require more than 1 person to be done, we could even do clan quests.
Also some monsters playing with statuses like blind and mute.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yes, but not with eAthena. You have to realize the 2 separate development processes going on here.

With eAthena the best we could achieve would be item attributes and monster attributes. This would just mean someone could switch equipment while grinding.
This message used to be meaningful.
Lecter
Novice
Novice

Post by Lecter »

Yes, it will force him to change his weapon/armor or use status healing potions, but thats an amelioration, his weapon will probably be weaker, I didnt say it'll cure it all, I said it would help.

Other stuff would be multi player quests, multiplayer attack combos (assuming more than 1 button to attack), magic combo, "limit break", tough monsters, etc.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Anything that can be achieved with eAthena scripting and RO passive skills is implementable on our current platform.

It's just a matter of "the parties interested equal the parties realizing it". The problem seems to be the interested parties have not done anything and hence not submitted anything.

First develop something into some level of maturation, then take it to the forums. Using Mantis would be nice for task tracking.
Lecter
Novice
Novice

Post by Lecter »

Sadly, we cant make ppl or force them to work in teams (impossible in any mmorpg) except for quests, we could implement anti rushing characters and stuff like this.

Hum, I've been asking to see some codes in the general development forums, would like to see what I can add on some stuff. Also we'll need to give monsters "splash damage" to force players not to all be on the same square during a fight.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Well, actually: WoW raids are quite good of an example of how to force people into cooperation. 40 (these days 15 or 25) people had to participate for the highest level dungeons from where the best stuff came. The cooperation had to be seamless or you would be instantly wiped out. Harsh, effective, hardcore. Hence they later lowered the number of players to 25 and 15. It is significantly easier to organize something with a lower number of people involved, let alone manage them into coordinative action. The 15 player versions of the dungeons give inferior rewards to the 25 player ones, so it is somewhat fair of a system. Too bad they dropped the 40 player ones, the experience of 40 random players being able to concentrate and cooperate on the internet for 2-3 hours just to get through one dungeon is amazing. (This was not achievable without months of training to get the 40 person chemistry right.)

Yes, 40 persons was not the recommended number of players, it was the bare minimum to survive (with the level of equipment you got from the previous one). It took one month to two months for the first group in the world to beat the dungeon, so it gave Blizzard a nice two month release cycle with new dungeons and new well balanced ultimate items.