Sound Makers (not music)

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Sound Makers (not music)

Post by Crush »

I could imagine to use sound effects from other open source projects (professional commercial projects from all kinds of media also resort to stock sound effects regularily) but I don't want to hear any music or see any graphics from other games in TMW because music and graphics are what defines the identity of a game.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Lecter
Novice
Novice

Post by Lecter »

We're talking about sounds here, not musics, and growingthe numbers of developpers, cause it seems hard to contact people on some points, perhaps would you reply to me on coding more advance behaviours.
pyrestriker
Peon
Peon

Post by pyrestriker »

Pretty sure there would be SOME sort of way to find people wanting to help develop TMW, especially since it IS such a huge project. I remember stumbling upon dmusic.com, which is a free music website where users submit their own works. I would think that there would be some people there willing to (in an effort to gain some popularity or to be nice) work on sound effects AND BG music.

Would it be worth it to have some sort of upload site for suggested sounds, BGs, etc? Not just a forum, I'm talking a user-dev page specifically for uploading your own content as a resource for perhaps the TMW team to integrate if they so choose...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We would be glad when it would be that easy, but there are a lot of copyright problems to consider. When we have an anonymous drop box for content we can not make sure that they are not stolen from somewhere else.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

pyrestriker wrote:Would it be worth it to have some sort of upload site for suggested sounds, BGs, etc? Not just a forum, I'm talking a user-dev page specifically for uploading your own content as a resource for perhaps the TMW team to integrate if they so choose...
You can upload sound effects to your wiki page in .ogg format. If you want to post sound effects for others to critique do it in the sound development forum for maximum feedback.
-Cosmostrator
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Hey all,

Hope you're all well :wink:

I intend to return to TMW audio development in the new year with my involvement more in the sound FX than the composition dept. - Personally, I think you have keen and talented composers in the shape of MrCold and nycsounddesign and as you identify, FX is a little lacking in terms of quantity - since this is a skill I'm looking to develop, I hope to cut my teeth here ;)