Lag Death

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Arilious
Novice
Novice

Lag Death

Post by Arilious »

Lately, I've noticed an unusual amount of LAG which has caused m to die at least 10 times within the past 24 hours. I'll reach the exit of a dungeon, and not be able to warp, then get spammed with an infinite amount of damage and die.

I don't think that less than 100 players could really be putting this much stress on the server, but if it is, ould you think of switching to an alternate server? it really is annoying when you run from NPCs and are no where close but still get hit with damage anyway and are unable to stop it.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Lag Death

Post by Crush »

There is currently a bug which might cause the behavior you are describing.

When you are hit you are stopped for a short moment on the server, but the client ignores this. This can lead to a large asynchronisation when you are hit a lot while fleeing. This has nothing to do with lag.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Like Crush said, it's not a result of lag, but rather a result of a bug.

The way you can get out of being killed, is to quickly run back to where the server thinks you are, and then get away from the monsters. You can generally tell where the server thinks you are, by all the monsters gathered around a spot.

Till the bug gets fixed, this is the only way to 'fix' the problem. Otherwise, use it to your advantage, and use it as a shortcut to town. ;)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Arilious
Novice
Novice

Post by Arilious »

It just sucks because often, if it does combine with "lag" I wont even SEE I'm being attacked until I'm at the door to the exit and I get instantly swamped with an infinite number of red-numbers and die.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Arilious wrote:It just sucks because often, if it does combine with "lag" I wont even SEE I'm being attacked until I'm at the door to the exit and I get instantly swamped with an infinite number of red-numbers and die.
Possibly a hidden feature to deter cheaters?
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Arilious wrote:It just sucks because often, if it does combine with "lag" I wont even SEE I'm being attacked until I'm at the door to the exit and I get instantly swamped with an infinite number of red-numbers and die.
You can tell by the minimap, the minimap only displays monsters in your direct environment. So if you see a big red spot on teh map where you aren't, that's where the server thinks you are. Another red flag is that you'll usually see no other monsters around you or players, which is odd, especially the "no monsters".
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "