Dark Knights Helm

All development of pixel art and graphics
User avatar
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1113
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 18:29
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Dark Knights Helm

Post by i » 26 Oct 2008, 08:44

Bankai777 wrote:oh also i got bored and made a crimson warlords armor
Why did you do that? It can be reached by recolouring item. No offence, but sometimes yours actions anoys me.
Retired chainsaw seller. CEO @ Advertising Agency N2P
User avatar
Bankai777
Novice
Novice
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Jul 2008, 02:28

Re: Dark Knights Helm

Post by Bankai777 » 26 Oct 2008, 21:29

delete me!!!
Last edited by Bankai777 on 28 Oct 2008, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Bankai777
Novice
Novice
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Jul 2008, 02:28

Re: Dark Knights Helm

Post by Bankai777 » 28 Oct 2008, 01:41

ok so is this in game worthy? i just noticed that there is no criticism for the helm muahahaha i think i should make more ajustments for the crimson knights helm and make it more uh evil/devilish everybody loves the badass stuff hahahaha!
User avatar
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1113
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 18:29
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Dark Knights Helm

Post by i » 28 Oct 2008, 16:52

Bankai777 wrote:ok so is this in game worthy? i just noticed that there is no criticism for the helm muahahaha i think i should make more ajustments for the crimson knights helm and make it more uh evil/devilish everybody loves the badass stuff hahahaha!
You want constructive criticism? OK, here we goes.
Long story short: IMO your helm sucks. Why?
1. It doesn't look very evil/scary/dark/whatever
2. Shape isn't quite right - there is something wrong with that, maybe it's too big
3. Gray colour palette doesn't look good for that kind of helm
4. Surface fracture makes it look funny instead of respectful
5. They are many mistakes on opacity channel
dark_knights_helm-4-mistakes.png
dark_knights_helm-4-mistakes.png (5.79 KiB) Viewed 844 times
6. You used 138 unique colours, when in fact you can achieve better effect with 4 to 10 colours

You have still much to learn, and sometimes I don't see that you understand our hints.
If you still need a proof that this helm can be made with ONLY 4 colours, I can make something like that.
Bankai777 wrote:delete me!!!
Yah... Cool... whatever. Grow up and don't be ridiculous.
Retired chainsaw seller. CEO @ Advertising Agency N2P
User avatar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 3154
Joined: 08 Sep 2004, 20:48
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: Dark Knights Helm

Post by Rotonen » 28 Oct 2008, 18:23

The thread has been dragging for ridiculously long, please do provide an example.
This message used to be meaningful.
User avatar
Bankai777
Novice
Novice
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Jul 2008, 02:28

Re: Dark Knights Helm

Post by Bankai777 » 28 Oct 2008, 18:43

i wrote:
Bankai777 wrote:ok so is this in game worthy? i just noticed that there is no criticism for the helm muahahaha i think i should make more ajustments for the crimson knights helm and make it more uh evil/devilish everybody loves the badass stuff hahahaha!
You want constructive criticism? OK, here we goes.
Long story short: IMO your helm sucks. Why?
1. It doesn't look very evil/scary/dark/whatever
2. Shape isn't quite right - there is something wrong with that, maybe it's too big
3. Gray colour palette doesn't look good for that kind of helm
4. Surface fracture makes it look funny instead of respectful
5. They are many mistakes on opacity channel
The attachment dark_knights_helm-4-mistakes.png is no longer available
6. You used 138 unique colours, when in fact you can achieve better effect with 4 to 10 colours

You have still much to learn, and sometimes I don't see that you understand our hints.
If you still need a proof that this helm can be made with ONLY 4 colours, I can make something like that.
Bankai777 wrote:delete me!!!
Yah... Cool... whatever. Grow up and don't be ridiculous.
here are some of my comments about what you said didnt like that last thing you said because well lets be honest thats wasnt the most mature response to me asking for you to delete a message because even though it wasnt the best way to respond but im still 12 so most people would let that pass by

now that the comment was done heres another 1 i use airbrush alot its how i shade because i was told by my idol that its what he uses and ive come a long way with that tool so as it comes out i have a bunch of colors in it when you ask for 4-10 colors i was suprised and it took an hour for me to process just that because well i use airbrush so this will be very hard for me but thats the way it is ill continue to fight for this to get ingame

another thing is i mold this to how i feel at the time sometimes i feel like it should be a rough texture sometimes i feel it should be smooth sometimes light other times dark sometimes pointed other times smooth its just how i work on it im sorry it turns out funny instead of respectful which i dont get but like i said thats life

gray isnt a good color you say hmmmm well what should it be? i have noticed it looks pretty good with red thats why i posted the crimson knights helm which btw since i thought i finished this 1 i started making that look more evil

this comment you made was put in a mean way towards me and i believe it was uncalled for
btw here was my edited crimson knights helm now known as the devils helm which when this helm is done i will make a new thread trying to push this into game
Attachments
devils_helm.png
heres my next helm
devils_helm.png (5.38 KiB) Viewed 812 times
User avatar
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 8046
Joined: 25 Aug 2005, 17:08
Location: Germany

Re: Dark Knights Helm

Post by Crush » 28 Oct 2008, 19:17

Bankai777 wrote:now that the comment was done heres another 1 i use airbrush alot its how i shade because i was told by my idol that its what he uses‚
Your idol doesn't seem to make any game graphics. There are areas of CG art where the airbrush tool is the perfect tool for shading but pixel art for games is none of them.
this comment you made was put in a mean way towards me and i believe it was uncalled for
Iukards style of commenting might have been a bit harsh but the content is correct. I agree with him in every point, although he could have said it nicer.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.


You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
User avatar
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1113
Joined: 07 Mar 2005, 18:29
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Dark Knights Helm

Post by i » 28 Oct 2008, 19:43

Dark_Knight_Helm-preview.png
Dark_Knight_Helm-preview.png (6.84 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Image is better than hundreds words.
It looks similar to Gaff Gafgarion's helmet from Final Fantasy Tactics. He was Dark Knight. It it looked hell good ;) And as you see only 4 colours were used. No airbrushes, no brushes, no textures, only pencil - pure pixelart.

Image
Image
Retired chainsaw seller. CEO @ Advertising Agency N2P
User avatar
Bankai777
Novice
Novice
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Jul 2008, 02:28

Re: Dark Knights Helm

Post by Bankai777 » 28 Oct 2008, 22:39

i wrote:
Dark_Knight_Helm-preview.png
Image is better than hundreds words.
It looks similar to Gaff Gafgarion's helmet from Final Fantasy Tactics. He was Dark Knight. It it looked hell good ;) And as you see only 4 colours were used. No airbrushes, no brushes, no textures, only pencil - pure pixelart.
:oops:
oh well why wasnt i ever told that thats so much more simple >.<
Crush wrote:
Bankai777 wrote:now that the comment was done heres another 1 i use airbrush alot its how i shade because i was told by my idol that its what he uses‚
Your idol doesn't seem to make any game graphics. There are areas of CG art where the airbrush tool is the perfect tool for shading but pixel art for games is none of them.
this comment you made was put in a mean way towards me and i believe it was uncalled for
Iukards style of commenting might have been a bit harsh but the content is correct. I agree with him in every point, although he could have said it nicer.
well crush i guess i took his works wrong because my idol has made things for this game maybe he took airbrush to edt the shading of the color thats probably it
Post Reply