A question

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
mr_skwerll
Peon
Peon

A question

Post by mr_skwerll »

Wat level do i need to be to sit down?
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
The SkwErLLS ShAlL COnQuEr ThE WoRlD!!!!!
(And THe DoNut SHoP!!!)
Authoritive Anarchy
Peon
Peon

Post by Authoritive Anarchy »

I dont know, i think like job level 3 or something. make sure you upgrade your basic skill when you job level.
Asgard Online... Comming soon. developement by Authoritive Anarchy Inc.
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

Also realize this isnt Ragnarok if you think its all the same
Authoritive Anarchy
Peon
Peon

well, are you sure about that? you can only get to level 10 making it basic skill 9 before you have to change into first class. unless you have facts then you better shut your mouth.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Authoritive Anarchy wrote:well, are you sure about that? you can only get to level 10 making it basic skill 9 before you have to change into first class. unless you have facts then you better shut your mouth.
Let's tone it down Anarchy. Don't act like you didn't join 7 days ago. HaLLanHype knows quite what he's talking about because all the present stat and level systems are just placeholders for what will be implemented when we have our own server finished. While the present system is based off RO, there is no first class (who doesn't have facts now?). In the final version, there will not be any sitting down, so it doesn't really matter how to do it, and it doesn't provide you with any bonus (or health recovery) at present, as far as I understand.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

Anyways yea I wont say nothing enoughs been said
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Anyway (I don't know if I'm addresing the right Halla) it could be cool if we replace the current skill tree with our own, I don't think it's too hard as I remember a lot of people did it in their private servers. I think we should decide it on the next developers meeting.

Ah and as a good policy limit your smiles to 3 per post :twisted: :roll: :!:
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Kyokai wrote:In the final version, there will not be any sitting down, so it doesn't really matter how to do it, and it doesn't provide you with any bonus (or health recovery) at present, as far as I understand.
Hmm, I'm for keeping sitting down and recovering quicker when you do, just it would be nice to get rid of that silly "you need to have basic skill level 3 to sit down" thing. That's the only silly thing that has moved over from RO, while sitting down can be done in most MMORPGs, like I could sit down in Saga of Ryzom and I'm pretty sure WoW also allows you to sit down.
Authoritive Anarchy
Peon
Peon

Well, if you notice the question wasnt whether or not you guys are going to implement sit in future versions, it was about a guy asking what skill level you need to be in able to do so in this version of TMW.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Bjorn wrote: Hmm, I'm for keeping sitting down and recovering quicker when you do, just it would be nice to get rid of that silly "you need to have basic skill level 3 to sit down" thing. That's the only silly thing that has moved over from RO, while sitting down can be done in most MMORPGs, like I could sit down in Saga of Ryzom and I'm pretty sure WoW also allows you to sit down.
The problem with sitting is that we sill have to make extra player sprites, weapon sprites, and clothing sprites for sitting in each direction. It's a bit of extra work, and I think we should really let the art department decide if they want to do it or not. As far as I'm concerned, I don't think it's a necessary feature, and we could just as easily make players recover faster if they stand still for a time.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Sitting will only effect the lower half of the body in (depending on what pose is decided upon) in terms of clothing and armor. Weapons and shields can just be invisible while sitting, it's not like they'll be used then anyway. As for character sprites, well, that's just four more frames added onto the list, so it's no big deal.
Authoritive Anarchy
Peon
Peon

exactly, I can see kyokai or whoever, doesnt know much about in game sprite positions. the sprite doesnt even walk with the sword, the sword is just 1 frame in each direction.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Actually, he knows a bit more than you think. I'm working (slowly) on an entirely new character sprite set, which I've been discussing with him (and everyone else) in the graphics forum. The character will, yes, walk with their weapon; I will not have this game looking doofy and underframed while I'm working on it. The only reason I'm for invisible weapons/shields while sitting is because the player would probably sheathe them or put them down. Come to think of it, shields might actually need sitting frames; strapped to the character's back. It's something to think about, but in any case, I need to finish the walking animations first.
Authoritive Anarchy
Peon
Peon

good luck with that. oh and try to give him some clothes while your at it :o
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Clothes come later. Gotta get the actual guy (and girl) down first.

Actually, hey, let's just forget clothes altogether. We can rename the game The Nudist World! :wink:
...ok, I'm done trying to be funny.