NPC Development

All development of pixel art and graphics
User avatar
kr0n05931
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 652
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 02:59
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: NPC Development

Post by kr0n05931 » 04 Aug 2008, 23:15

That was supposed to be a ruby, and I guess his hair has somewhat of that effect.

Here it is fixed:
Attachments
desertbarber5(no scissors).png
desertbarber5(no scissors).png (2.01 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
Lazy bum.
User avatar
EJlol
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1072
Joined: 06 Sep 2005, 09:42

Re: NPC Development

Post by EJlol » 04 Aug 2008, 23:21

If it is a gem it should "shine".
User avatar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 3154
Joined: 08 Sep 2004, 20:48
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: NPC Development

Post by Rotonen » 04 Aug 2008, 23:31

Somehow, the texturing needs improving. The palette choices are nicely conservative and you can do better with them.
This message used to be meaningful.
User avatar
kr0n05931
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 652
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 02:59
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: NPC Development

Post by kr0n05931 » 05 Aug 2008, 00:52

How's this?
desertbarber5(no scissors).png
desertbarber5(no scissors).png (2.09 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
REVISION:
desertbarber6.png
desertbarber6.png (2.08 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
REVISION2:
desertbarber6.png
desertbarber6.png (2.08 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
Lazy bum.
User avatar
kr0n05931
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 652
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 02:59
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: NPC Development

Post by kr0n05931 » 05 Aug 2008, 01:36

REVISION:
Attachments
desertbarber6.png
desertbarber6.png (2.09 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Lazy bum.
User avatar
Saphy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 371
Joined: 09 Nov 2006, 19:32

Re: NPC Development

Post by Saphy » 06 Aug 2008, 04:31

kr0n05931 wrote:REVISION:
The shading isn't quite right. Why is the bottom left so much lighter? Or is it just a pattern on his clothes? The same with the helm, it seems as if the light source is from the west, which isn't the case in this game.
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: NPC Development

Post by Jaxad0127 » 06 Aug 2008, 05:17

Saphy wrote:
kr0n05931 wrote:REVISION:
The shading isn't quite right. Why is the bottom left so much lighter? Or is it just a pattern on his clothes? The same with the helm, it seems as if the light source is from the west, which isn't the case in this game.
Isn't the light source the south west? His turban is lite from that direction.
Image
User avatar
Saphy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 371
Joined: 09 Nov 2006, 19:32

Re: NPC Development

Post by Saphy » 06 Aug 2008, 17:05

jaxad0127 wrote:
Saphy wrote:
kr0n05931 wrote:REVISION:
The shading isn't quite right. Why is the bottom left so much lighter? Or is it just a pattern on his clothes? The same with the helm, it seems as if the light source is from the west, which isn't the case in this game.
Isn't the light source the south west? His turban is lite from that direction.
South west yes, but from the top of south west, not from the ground.
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: NPC Development

Post by Jaxad0127 » 06 Aug 2008, 17:14

Saphy wrote:South west yes, but from the top of south west, not from the ground.
Ah. Didn't notice that part. The turban is being lit from the bottom. All of his turban are. And many other pieces appear to be.
Image
User avatar
Saphy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 371
Joined: 09 Nov 2006, 19:32

Re: NPC Development

Post by Saphy » 06 Aug 2008, 19:03

jaxad0127 wrote:
Saphy wrote:South west yes, but from the top of south west, not from the ground.
Ah. Didn't notice that part. The turban is being lit from the bottom. All of his turban are. And many other pieces appear to be.
Not only that, the sun is a directional light source, so the part that is "supposingly" closer to the sun shouldn't be brighter.

Image
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: NPC Development

Post by Jaxad0127 » 06 Aug 2008, 20:41

Saphy wrote:Not only that, the sun is a directional light source, so the part that is "supposingly" closer to the sun shouldn't be brighter.

Image
Not really, but it's close enough. A lot of things need this fixed (and not just in this thread).
Image
User avatar
kr0n05931
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 652
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 02:59
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: NPC Development

Post by kr0n05931 » 25 Aug 2008, 03:16

And desert barber v10:
desertbarber10.png
desertbarber10.png (1.98 KiB) Viewed 998 times
Please post feedback.

EDIT- Minor touch up:
desertbarber10.png
desertbarber10.png (2 KiB) Viewed 996 times
EDIT- 60x80 Image:
desertbarber11.png
desertbarber11.png (1.66 KiB) Viewed 985 times
Lazy bum.
User avatar
Spit23
Novice
Novice
Posts: 191
Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 09:07
Location: Germany

Re: NPC Development

Post by Spit23 » 25 Aug 2008, 05:29

The turban wouldnt work in reality. Thats like a turban works: http://www.baltopolis.de/turban.html (just look at the pics, the text is in german)

Also it's too angulary shaped:
Image
User avatar
kr0n05931
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 652
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 02:59
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: NPC Development

Post by kr0n05931 » 26 Aug 2008, 00:33

Fixed:
desertbarber12.png
desertbarber12.png (1.68 KiB) Viewed 954 times
EDIT-

Modified NPC.png file and NPC.xml files:
desert-barber-test.zip
(84.56 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Modified barber server script:
desert-barber-servercode.zip
(773 Bytes) Downloaded 50 times
Please post feedback or comments :)
Lazy bum.
User avatar
kr0n05931
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 652
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 02:59
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: NPC Development

Post by kr0n05931 » 27 Aug 2008, 22:16

Say the word and I'll fix or start on a new NPC.
Lazy bum.
Post Reply