Tulimshar Bench

All development of pixel art and graphics
User avatar
Superkoop
Novice
Novice
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Feb 2008, 01:09
Location: South Dakota in the US of A
Contact:

Tulimshar Bench

Post by Superkoop » 02 Aug 2008, 23:12

jaxad0127 wrote:
Superkoop wrote:Yes, this looks really great!
But, please, add some benches. The people are getting sand down their pants, and believe you me, that sand is hot! :shock:
Add them to the tilesets. :P
And so I attempted.
tulimshar_bench.png
tulimshar_bench.png (1.55 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
I used the same shape of the woodland bench, but only the shape. I was thinking of making a different shape, but then I thought about it, and decided that a city like Tulimshar, would have relatively simply benches that use the same material as the buildings.
Last edited by Superkoop on 02 Aug 2008, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
User avatar
kr0n05931
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 652
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 02:59
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: Desert Bench

Post by kr0n05931 » 02 Aug 2008, 23:18

It looks very nice, but I would expect a city in the desert to have a bench made of sandstone or another desert mineral, as wood would be quite scarce and expensive in the desert.
Lazy bum.
User avatar
Superkoop
Novice
Novice
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Feb 2008, 01:09
Location: South Dakota in the US of A
Contact:

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Superkoop » 02 Aug 2008, 23:20

Tis made of clay, like the buildings, I just actually gave it a texture ;)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
User avatar
Saphy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 371
Joined: 09 Nov 2006, 19:32

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Saphy » 06 Aug 2008, 04:33

Superkoop wrote:Tis made of clay, like the buildings, I just actually gave it a texture ;)
It is too shiny to be a clay. Maybe polished stone, but not clay.
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Jaxad0127 » 06 Aug 2008, 05:17

Saphy wrote:
Superkoop wrote:Tis made of clay, like the buildings, I just actually gave it a texture ;)
It is too shiny to be a clay. Maybe polished stone, but not clay.
It matches the Tulimshar tile set nicely.
Image
User avatar
Saphy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 371
Joined: 09 Nov 2006, 19:32

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Saphy » 06 Aug 2008, 17:00

jaxad0127 wrote:
Saphy wrote:
Superkoop wrote:Tis made of clay, like the buildings, I just actually gave it a texture ;)
It is too shiny to be a clay. Maybe polished stone, but not clay.
It matches the Tulimshar tile set nicely.
I believe the tulimshar tile set need to be redone because it lacks texture, it just looks very strange combined with everything else.
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Jaxad0127 » 06 Aug 2008, 17:13

Saphy wrote:I believe the Tulimshar tile set need to be redone because it lacks texture, it just looks very strange combined with everything else.
Yes, it could. It also has many redundant and missing tiles.
Image
User avatar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 3154
Joined: 08 Sep 2004, 20:48
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Rotonen » 06 Aug 2008, 17:59

There is a lot of upscaled 16x16 work in the tileset. There is also a lot of stuff which just looks horrible.

So yes, it should be obvious it's on the redo list, but no list has ever been made.
This message used to be meaningful.
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Jaxad0127 » 06 Aug 2008, 20:37

Rotonen wrote:There is a lot of upscaled 16x16 work in the tileset. There is also a lot of stuff which just looks horrible.

So yes, it should be obvious it's on the redo list, but no list has ever been made.
The Tulimshar set? The desert sets do, definitely. But Tulimshar is good quality.
Image
User avatar
Saphy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 371
Joined: 09 Nov 2006, 19:32

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Saphy » 06 Aug 2008, 21:28

jaxad0127 wrote:The Tulimshar set? The desert sets do, definitely. But Tulimshar is good quality.
No, it clearly lacks textures and the outline is too profound:

Even this one which has textures added doesn't look quite right integrated:

Image
User avatar
Superkoop
Novice
Novice
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Feb 2008, 01:09
Location: South Dakota in the US of A
Contact:

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Superkoop » 07 Aug 2008, 19:13

I agree the Tulimshar set does need to be textured, and redone. But I honestly don't see it being done anytime too soon. (I don't think it should be redone too soon either, there are more important pixel jobs at the time)
But for now, how about we let the players sit on the benches? :D
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Jaxad0127 » 07 Aug 2008, 19:38

Superkoop wrote:I agree the Tulimshar set does need to be textured, and redone. But I honestly don't see it being done anytime too soon. (I don't think it should be redone too soon either, there are more important pixel jobs at the time)
But for now, how about we let the players sit on the benches? :D
Agreed. Tulimshar is low priority ATM. Other parts of the desert need more attention anyways.
Image
Matt
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1747
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 11:47
Location: Germany->Bavaria

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Matt » 07 Aug 2008, 20:14

I don't think so, they are the first maps new players visit. We could finish the lovely forest tilest too and start in Secret of Mana forest village ;)
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Jaxad0127 » 01 Oct 2008, 17:36

The shadow is causing problems, as it forces the bench to be three tiles wide, while the forest version is two tiles (with no shadow). (Yes, we're finally getting around to adding it, or at least I am)
Image
User avatar
Superkoop
Novice
Novice
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Feb 2008, 01:09
Location: South Dakota in the US of A
Contact:

Re: Tulimshar Bench

Post by Superkoop » 08 Jul 2010, 00:02

Two years later, it has been committed. I feel as if I can now sleep in peace.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Post Reply