externals

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
natsuki
Novice
Novice

externals

Post by natsuki »

hmm.. i just getting unresolved external errors from masking lib..

just this 1 link error:
ManaWorld error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::basic_ifstream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::open(char const *,int,int)" (__imp_?open@?$basic_ifstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEXPBDHH@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall MAS::TextArea::LoadLinesFromFile(char *)" (?LoadLinesFromFile@TextArea@MAS@@QAEXPAD@Z)
it seems i'll be able to upload by fri/sat or when i find a pc with editor and support downloading files or maybe i just save it to disk and edit somewhere..

btw, if someone has the correct masking.lib please provide a link^^

also just some questions
-how will the player do some action? like talking to npc/ attacking?
-what will be used keyboard/mouse? so i can apply npc dialog and other info

might be back on weekend.. had connection problem thats why i just now got online and im out of time..

still i try later if i find a pc^^
^^いつも笑顔でもっとよろこび。。^^
-- shimokawa natsuki --

Post by Guest »

wow :D you people do a very good job. :)

but i don't get MASkinG (or alfont? don't know what's the problem, maybe even both) correctly compiled and installed. :roll:

Weeks ago i was able to compile & install allegro, but now i get loads of unresolved symbols.

So i could need the .lib too. thanks. :)
jui-feng
Peon
Peon

Post by jui-feng »

it's me again.

it compiles now. :DDD i added the wrong libraries to the project all the time.. or added the wrong libraries to MASkinG.lib ^^ (b/c there was no project-file for version 6 with them).

now i'll find out why it "can't load skin". :)
(oh, i'm missing selunium.ini.. ^^ *searching for it*)
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

yu have to download the manaworld bin and put graphic,gui/skin/ and map in the source folder
thats what i do =) and maybe for the error skin it can be case sensitive.thats what i do but im on linux =),good luck!
jui-feng
Peon
Peon

Post by jui-feng »

(unfortunatelly) i don't have linux installed at the moment since i bought a new hard disc a week ago. :wink:

I'm ro-addicted (right word? :oops: ), and i don't get it to work with wine. (I know somebody has done it, but all i can see is a black windows with title "Ragnarok" ^^)

This is one of the reasons why i'm looking for some alternative ro-clients (i.e. the mana world) which are compatible to linux and free. Of course they are not even a third as good as the official client yet, but they can be as good. I know it. And maybe Mana World get's better. ;)

The other reason is that i can legally play on a private server (vidar, eathena and so on) with a new client, without having to pay for it ^^.

And thanks for the tip, i found the map in bin-release 2 (or 1? 2 i think), and the rest in another. maybe somebody could put all the files in both (bin & src) releases, or release them extra. (so there is a bin, a src and a "file" pack). But this is not so important yet.

Ah btw.. i had to comment out the two lines to start the chat-box (or what this chat-thingie is called) or my client would crash. :( But i read this chat was a new feature, so maybe it's not complete yet. ;)

all in all i like it. i already wanted to swap the red squares with some funny npc-pics (on the screenshot there are pictures instead of squares? oO hum.. ^^), but maybe i need a bit more time to understand c++ enough to do that. i can't find the position where the incoming "i'm a npc"-packet is parsed, and i also don't know at which position in the packet the sprite-id is ^^ so i simply forgot it. keep up the good work. :D
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

got the same reason as you i work on tmw to give a chance to linux to get an excelent game and i think if we work whe can get something better then ro =)

yea i removed the chat box system too,but for the npc sprite yu can get the mana world 0.5a for win32 on the forums =)

thx yu