[SOLVED] Amira from Norway banned for botting

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
Katze
Knight
Knight

[SOLVED] Amira from Norway banned for botting

Post by Katze »

Amira from Norway has been permanently banned for botting. Like Mornok, she may ask a reset.

I had been called to Amira from Norway because she had been accused of botting.
After I banned Amira, the snake hitting went on. But it was less than before.

for screenshot see the thread about Mornok
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Katze
Knight
Knight

Re: [BAN] Amira from Norway banned for botting

Post by Katze »

I already gave her more time than I told her I would.
Some support for her in solving this issue would be nice though if her English is indeed that bad.

Katze
flipe
Peon
Peon

Post by flipe »

I know Amira from Norway and I know she has a really really really bad english, bad than mine. She has many difficultys to communication.
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

wow, now we have a union for botter? Seems like we live in interesting times.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Choad
Peon
Peon

Post by Choad »

I've played with amira before, and never noticed bot-like behavior, she was usually accompanied by several friends who explained that her English was indeed terrible, however she did not respond when i sent a translation of nice to meet you in Norwegian, but she could have just been shy.
shannonbrimer
Novice
Novice

Post by shannonbrimer »

Hi my name is Shannon me and Norway use to chill with each other when we was on at the same time and her English sucked but i understood her allot better then most people. Anyway I'm here because I see y'all don't have a Norwegian Translator y'all know if y'all had that she would of understood the rules allot better ooo and for the future so thing s like this don't happen to people who don't understand the language Translations y'all have put Translations of every language on The Mana World Thank u
Emotional Warrior
amira
Peon
Peon

Post by amira »

This is a friend of amira posting, and i would really appreciate if you removed the ban and reset the account - She is not botting, but her english aren't the best, and she may have missed you talking to her in the chat.

And she didn't even know what botting means before i told her, or did she know know how to post on these forums - so please reconsider this ban, she wants to play again. :)
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Of course she won't stay banned if she wants to play again.
Amira has to come online with some other account and look for a GM (She can try to whisper).
Then we will reset her level and she will be able to play again.

Regards,
Katze
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Amira from Norway came online ad Eurora just now. The problem was, that she didn't understand what I was going to happen. When I eventually got to tell her - with some help of google translator - that her character was not longer banned, she logged off and didn't log in again with "Amira from Norway". That means I was not able to reset her levels and I had to ban her again.

Amira, the next time you log in with Eurora. Then I unban your character "Amira from Norway". Then I will reset your levels, because you have been botting. Then you will be able to play again.

Here comes the probably very bad google translation into Norwegian:

Amira from Norway kom elektronisk annonse Eurora akkurat nå. Problemet var at hun ikke forsto hva jeg skulle skje. Da jeg omsider fikk fortelle henne - med litt hjelp av google translator - at hennes karakter var ikke lenger forbudt hun logget av og ikke logge inn igjen med "Amira from Norway". Det betyr at jeg ikke var i stand til å nullstille seg og jeg måtte utestenge henne igjen.

Amira, neste gang du logger deg på med Eurora. Da jeg unban ditt tegn Amira fra Norge ". Så jeg vil tilbakestille nivåer, fordi du har blitt botting. Deretter vil du kunne spille igjen.

Sorry for the bad Google oversettelse!

Katze
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

...Two more LONG tries to unban and reset Amira with too much help from Google...without success....

...you will be kept up to date.... :roll:

desperate Regards,
Katze
amira
Peon
Peon

Post by amira »

Hi again, amira will go online tomorrow again with her character named: karate10 - not sure what time she should go online and how to get in touch with a gm. But give us some name to whisper and when.

And i really don't understand, you will reset her account because she have been botting? im telling you she dont even know what a hell a bot is, how should she able to bot...this is getting ridiculous
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Amira wouldn't bot, she just wants to play.. She is very shy and doesn't understand English all that well.

I have seen her log in twice now and try to contact a GM without much success - would it be possible to just unban her "Amira from Norway" account without her having to do anything more? If you must reset her (I don't think you should, but do what you must) you could just do it next time you see her on your @hugo rounds.

-Someone who sits around Hurnscald a lot.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That's ridiculous. Wasn't she caught in the act of botting? And now you want her to be excempt from punishment on the basis that she doesn't speak english?

And why are you so sure that she didn't find the "coin in the keyboard" trick on her own? Not speaking english does not mean being retarded.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Amira has come online and trying to contacted a GM (me) several times successfully.
The only problem was that she didn't seem able to follow my instructions even though I used the Google translator. And I UNbanned her character "Amira from Norway" at lest as often as she menaged to contact me. But in the end she always logged off and didn't log in with "Amira from Norway". So I had to ban her again!

I have lost three hours in total trying to explain to her what was going to happen and what she should do. Without success.
So my suggestion is: let somebody else come online in the name of "Amira from Norway" and let them follow my instructions.
Thank you!

Katze

PS: Please read the Information about botting
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

I've tried to stay out of this discussion, but I've just spent an hour or so talking to Amira. She came to me, asking for my help.

First of all, it really seems she doesn't even know what botting is. Her English is terrible, and it doesn't help the situation.

Second, she's not really the type of person who'd bot. I've seen her around. She's more interested in the actual gameplay than anything else.

I'm not going to argue with Katze's decision, it's her right to give any punishment she deems necessary. However, I think there's some room for leniency.

Again, that's up to Katze and other GMs to decide.

Anyway, I promised her to help her talk to a GM, so hopefully, this issue can be resolved soon.