On Snitches and a Declaration of Player War

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

On Snitches and a Declaration of Player War

Post by Wombat »

If you are going to disagree with someone and decide to argue instead of leave a situation, you are engaging a fight. Some people know this, yet they will do what they can to provoke other players so they can report them in "Court Abuse". I've been threatened several times by regular players that I'm being watched. Along with ban threats and other things that have no room in arguments between players, this player community is poisoned by snitches. If we together (players, devs and gms) want to see this game move forward, giving less weight to this crybaby culture and allowing the game to remain open to more competitive player elements. It is my feeling that more player groups would form if people knew they had to handle problems themselves instead of relying on potentially hidden gms spying on them to "catch them in the act". Why create fear among players? It is bullshit to force "niceness" on people when the social element to a combat fantasy game is found in grouping together (as friends, as raiding parties, as player groups) and those groups conflicting on occasion.

Players do not need mediation in conflict and have the ability to ostracize members from their own community without intervention from the game creators or game masters. My group, LV, is officially open to conflict with the "skull room coterie" and their hanger-ons. Snitching in a dispute between players is a declaration of war and I shall embrace it and I encourage others to do the same.

That is all

Wombat, Leader of Los Viscerales
Current character is "Abolish".
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Re: On Snitches and a Declaration of Player War

Post by kinwa »

i think a good way to handle this would be pvp allowed in most places.
still ppl can protect themselves or beginners by forming their own alliances and different groups / clans / whatever could fight against each other. no gms would be needed for solving those conflicts, because these would be part of the game and making it interesting.

for example, i think, there would automatically emerge a group of bandits and a group of paladins who want to fight the bandits. there could be more different groups tho.
OnymA
Novice
Novice

Post by OnymA »

yeaahhhh!!!!! forumwars turns to tmw wars :lol:

lambybamby :twisted:
*wool producing*
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

kinwa wrote:i think a good way to handle this would be pvp allowed in most places.
still ppl can protect themselves or beginners by forming their own alliances and different groups / clans / whatever could fight against each other. no gms would be needed for solving those conflicts, because these would be part of the game and making it interesting.

for example, i think, there would automatically emerge a group of bandits and a group of paladins who want to fight the bandits. there could be more different groups tho.
AMEN to that ^_^
In fact since the hurnscald mines are a thief-hideout, making it pvp-able area fits in seamlessly with the storyline!!!!
I know I would definitely be spending more time in there when pvp is on :p
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
meeps
Novice
Novice

Post by meeps »

pickpocket
Peon
Peon

Post by pickpocket »

5t3v3 wrote: AMEN to that ^_^
In fact since the hurnscald mines are a thief-hideout, making it pvp-able area fits in seamlessly with the storyline!!!!
I know I would definitely be spending more time in there when pvp is on :p
Same here. Pickpocket never would have been a required part of the game's evolution. :lol:
danleej
Peon
Peon

Post by danleej »

I completely agree with Wombat and Kinwa, I have argued this in earlier posts as well to allow PVP in other area's in the case's I posted on I believe it was more to smack down thieves and the possibility of inter clan wars just to spice things up. I am too lazy and tired to go look up the past posts but again, I agree, open up the game and let some basic self policing take place.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

It would also make the game more realistic.. Then just figure out a way to protect the new comers for a while or that could take place itself. Just like in real life.. !

There would be the "good" players who would try and protect them.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
meeps
Novice
Novice

Post by meeps »

Would it be possible to have people sign up to be pvp all the time, but are only able fight others who have also signed up to be pvp all the time. And give them a cool down period after being killed
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When we would activate PvP we would have even more complaints about people "being bullied by others" while they try to level.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meeps
Novice
Novice

Post by meeps »

Crush wrote:When we would activate PvP we would have even more complaints about people "being bullied by others" while they try to level.
That is why I gave my suggestion
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

What about 3/4 of the map then? :lol:
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

Sorry

Can't stand tha tidea of pvp's... what about people who are coming here for a peacefull game...

just fighting against monsters...

not against chars and so against people

don't you think that trolls would grow up in numbers and tmw would be deserted by lot's of players...
don't you think we have already enought trolls ?

let people free to pvp in the arena but not everywhere so that people play freely around without having to go throught the open or sub fight or infight of clans group and so on whatever the name used.

create a pvp serv and go there if the arena is not enought and let tmw live in peace

what do you want ? to create and rebuild hour real life world ?

have fun in peace :)

see you around

friendly all of you

regards

Jumpy
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

so why fighting anyways?
lets wipe out all weapons and armor, let monsters not be attackable but our friends and pets. :shock:
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Yeah.. people are looking for a peaceful game in an MMORPG..

Not to be rude, but :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster