vanishing topics and posts

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.
Forum rules
This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums
User avatar
Goku
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:57 am

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by Goku » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:45 pm

Yep, you're cyber bullying.

The truth DOES hurt, doesn't it?
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
User avatar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 3154
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:48 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by Rotonen » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:46 pm

You have to face the fact at some point that the vast majority of the world is not interested in your opinion.

Yes, all of you.
This message used to be meaningful.
User avatar
MasterKenobi
Novice
Novice
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by MasterKenobi » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:59 pm

I'll point you to my signature Kinwa. :)

MK
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
kinwa
Novice
Novice
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by kinwa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:10 pm

Goku wrote:Yep, you're cyber bullying.

The truth DOES hurt, doesn't it?
could you please stop doing propaganda, and start proving your statements?


Rotonen wrote:You have to face the fact at some point that the vast majority of the world is not interested in your opinion.

Yes, all of you.
and you. haha. so whats the point? ignoring is always a possibility. you dont have to delete everything you're not interested in.


MasterKenobi wrote:Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
so whats the point about that now? everything is relative and we can't know whats truth at all? how could you, as a gm, judge ppl, resp. their actions, like that?
of course, not everyone shares my point of view. but that doesn't mean i'm wrong, or we could not argue about it.
User avatar
Goku
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:57 am

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by Goku » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:22 pm

I don't have to prove anything. I'm pretty sure most would agree that your posts were insulting..

If you don't like my posts, then YOU can ignore me. :lol:
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
kinwa
Novice
Novice
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by kinwa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:35 pm

Goku wrote:I don't have to prove anything. I'm pretty sure most would agree that your posts were insulting..
i don't care about "most", i care about reasons.
User avatar
Goku
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:57 am

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by Goku » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:39 pm

Because the person was being rude and posting irrelevant insulting remarks on someone's topic who's trying to be helpful and contribute to TMW.

Because the person continued to do it even after they were told to stop.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
User avatar
MasterKenobi
Novice
Novice
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by MasterKenobi » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:45 pm

This topic started as:
kinwa wrote:i wonder bout the method of the moderators here. seems, some posts and threads are just without any statement been deleted or hidden, even if there was no obvious reason for it. why's that?
Here was the answer you requested:
Rotonen wrote:If you talk offtopic in the developmental sections, your posts will be cleaned up to keep the development forums clean. I'm especially strict about the gfx section.

The case to which you're referring to:

First it started out as pixel art in gfx, then it became conceptual talk about the usage of the unfinished piece without any further pixel development in sight -> moved to general development and finally it became mudflinging without any purpose at all and nothing was achieved, so it was just simply swept under the carpet.

If you constantly get moderated on the development sections: consider staying out of them.

Whether you deem your statements as true is irrelevant. They were part of a derailed and purposeless topic, as determined by those trusted to make those decisions. Time to move on.............

MK
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
kinwa
Novice
Novice
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by kinwa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Goku wrote:Because the person was being rude and posting irrelevant insulting remarks on someone's topic who's trying to be helpful and contribute to TMW.
is it irrelevant to watch out for deeper intentions behind someones actions? is it rude to comment the behaviour, when someone is acting on double moral standards? really, i think such ppl are rude, that try to pretend being nice and helpful but just caring about the image someone got; ppl that are whining about every criticism as if it were forbidden, and trying to suppress it.



MasterKenobi wrote:Whether you deem your statements as true is irrelevant. They were part of a derailed and purposeless topic, as determined by those trusted to make those decisions. Time to move on.............
in fact it is irrelevant. you don't get the point: there's a difference in moving topics to off-topic areas and deleting it without any comment. the latter action seems a bit like censorship. no, i'm not trusting moderators acting like that.
User avatar
Goku
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:57 am

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by Goku » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:04 am

is it irrelevant to watch out for deeper intentions behind someones actions? is it rude to comment the behaviour, when someone is acting on double moral standards? really, i think such ppl are rude, that try to pretend being nice and helpful but just caring about the image someone got; ppl that are whining about every criticism as if it were forbidden, and trying to suppress it.
Yes, it is. Because like MK's sig, it's how you see things. And you believe it's the truth when you have no clue what the other person's intentions are.

How do you know he's pretending? It's the truth? Use that damn excuse in every argument and see how far you get in life. It's the truth because you say so..? Okay i'm sorry.

Why wouldn't people whine? Maybe if it was criticism on the actual art/idea, seeing as how it was in the graphics area of the forums.. but no it was about someone being a brown noser. Because again, in your eyes, it's the truth?

When in reality you have no damn idea.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
User avatar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 3154
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:48 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by Rotonen » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:09 am

You're not going to get anywhere with this debate.

Learn to disagree with each other in peace. All people don't have to think the same.
This message used to be meaningful.
User avatar
5t3v3
Novice
Novice
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by 5t3v3 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:39 pm

kinwa wrote:o sure, now it's cyber bullying.

please tell me then how to tell someone the truth without hurting? yeah, i guess your answer would be: not telling the truth at all.
What? You never heard of diplomacy? Just because someone has a good point does not give them the right to explain that point in an insulting way. Especially not if that point can be conveyed just as effectively without becoming offensive.
is it irrelevant to watch out for deeper intentions behind someones actions? is it rude to comment the behaviour, when someone is acting on double moral standards? really, i think such ppl are rude, that try to pretend being nice and helpful but just caring about the image someone got; ppl that are whining about every criticism as if it were forbidden, and trying to suppress it.
Be that as it may, two wrongs don't make a right.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
kinwa
Novice
Novice
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by kinwa » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:54 pm

5t3v3 wrote:
kinwa wrote:o sure, now it's cyber bullying.

please tell me then how to tell someone the truth without hurting? yeah, i guess your answer would be: not telling the truth at all.
What? You never heard of diplomacy? Just because someone has a good point does not give them the right to explain that point in an insulting way. Especially not if that point can be conveyed just as effectively without becoming offensive.
too bad my posts are now deleted so anyone can say i was insulting, but i cant prove anymore i was not.

please, tell me, what in particular was insulting, and how it could be said "less offensive".
User avatar
5t3v3
Novice
Novice
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by 5t3v3 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:57 pm

I'm neutral in this, I never said your posts were insulting. I wouldn't know since I didn't read them. I am simply pointing out the flaws in the arguments you bring here.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
kinwa
Novice
Novice
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by kinwa » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:16 pm

so you simply think, everything can be said diplomatically in a way no one gets hurt, even if the message, not just the way you say it, wont be accepted?

could you teach me that?
Post Reply