Whispers of Avalon

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Sookill
Peon
Peon

Re: Whispers of Avalon

Post by Sookill »

meway wrote:Maybe this is better.

Oops I cut his tail off a bit.
Use less colors, and in bigger variety.

Also i found this as a little guide : http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... 32ab51.png
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Updated the image.
Attachments
woagryph.png
woagryph.png (18.91 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Thinking about using TMW content to supplement the lack of WOA content. Which would enable WOA's world and game-play to be developed without the need to wait for new content (eventually we would replace the out of place stuff).
tmwXwoa2.png
tmwXwoa2.png (124.48 KiB) Viewed 3069 times
Anyone interested?
Pixel Battalion
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

That doesn't look too bad, apart from the playersprite. WoA really needs to go somewhere, so I think taking some of TMW's nicer graphics is probably a good idea. A few adjustments to make them fit in wouldn't be too much work.

Also, I haven't tested the ease-of-use of your tiles yet because I haven't been able to get Tiled working. When I do, I'll let you know.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

REFMAPS, yay!

But doesnt look too bad :)
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

wow this looks great len, is WOA up?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Nope! Currently I'm looking at what assets might be useful from TMW, So this time I'll actually have something other than a sprite walking around a map (which would hopefully get people interested in helping out).

http://www.mediafire.com/?oha1op9x6r514xh
Here's a zip of the combined content so far

Extra_Unfinished3.png
Extra_Unfinished3.png (121.23 KiB) Viewed 2849 times
Last edited by Len on 25 Jul 2011, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

...and so WoA turns from a completely new game with unique graphics made from scratch to yet another TMW clone.

Come on, Len! Show us that one doesn't need to rely on TMW content to create a game for the Mana platform!
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Most of the TMW content (especially the playerset) would be considered placeholders and eventually we would replace them.
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Len wrote:Most of the TMW content (especially the playerset) would be considered placeholders and eventually we would replace them.
That's what they all say.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Crush wrote:
Len wrote:Most of the TMW content (especially the playerset) would be considered placeholders and eventually we would replace them.
That's what they all say.
Its not like I can really use that much of it.. Anyways would you happen to know the feasibility of a class system using Mana server?
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Len wrote:Anyways would you happen to know the feasibility of a class system using Mana server?
Currently a class system is not intended in Manaserv, but I can understand that some server administrators have the desire to use one.

Depending on what you need it might be possible to fake it using some current and/or planned features. Could you describe what features a class system encompasses in your opinion and which aspects of the gameplay and visual representation need to be influenced by the class (classes?) of a character and in what way? Having specific requirements (Preferably sorted by "must" requirements, "should" requirements, "can" requirements and "may not" requirements) would really help us to develop accordingly.
  • NOT a game master

Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Crush wrote:
Len wrote:Anyways would you happen to know the feasibility of a class system using Mana server?
Currently a class system is not intended in Manaserv, but I can understand that some server administrators have the desire to use one.

Depending on what you need it might be possible to fake it using some current and/or planned features. Could you describe what features a class system encompasses in your opinion and which aspects of the gameplay and visual representation need to be influenced by the class (classes?) of a character and in what way? Having specific requirements (Preferably sorted by "must" requirements, "should" requirements, "can" requirements and "may not" requirements) would really help us to develop accordingly.
Must: A change in sprite once a new class has been achieved

Must: A class would have access to skills that only its branch (unless its a parent class) can use . like a rebel_ranger summoning wolves or a State_warrior getting a short speed boost skill.

Should: Some skills should require certain weapons

Can: Class specific equipment

In other news the desert set is nearly ready, although I was kind of cheap by mirroring part of it (I'll do some editing so its not noticeable later)
desert01.png
desert01.png (94.47 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Thank you for your input and sorry for not answering earlier.
Len wrote:Must: A change in sprite once a new class has been achieved
We plan to have a "race" system in Manaserv which changes the base sprite of the player character. This feature could easily be used for differently looking classes, too.
Must: A class would have access to skills that only its branch (unless its a parent class) can use . like a rebel_ranger summoning wolves or a State_warrior getting a short speed boost skill.
The intended way of receiving the ability to use specials is through scripts which should easily be able to check the "race" of the player character, so this is definitely possible.
Should: Some skills should require certain weapons
I think you are referring to "specials" and not "skills". "Skills" in Manaserv terminology is the proficiency level with a certain weapon class, magic discipline or craft.

When you think that certain specials should only be usable when the character has a specific weapon type equipped: Yes, I also think that this is a must-requirement for the special system.
Can: Class specific equipment
Currently there are no equipment prerequisites at all, but it wouldn't be hard to add this.
  • NOT a game master

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Than please do it, this project seems to be the only chance to see what mana can do :( encourage it! Where is jax at btw? come to #whispersofavalon Len could sure use some server side support.

irc.freenode.net