Very lame

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Balthazaar
Novice
Novice

Very lame

Post by Balthazaar »

Well i used to think this game was pretty fun. But it has gotten very lame lately with players like K2F5 using the setzer/bow cheat and stealing kills from across the room right in front of you with this bug. I guess some people take the game too serious and just don't like to play for fun or something that they would need to cheat at it. I don't know why you would even play the game I guess some just need a boost to their ego. Maybe harassing others makes them feel like a real man. Anyways if I decide to move on to a different game I will be giving away my items to those that try to keep the game fun instead of trying to ruin it for others.

I also tried to talk to this player and they just ignored me until I asked them if they wanted to PVP. Which of course they said no actually answering me this time LOL. What a joke.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Very lame

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Balthazaar wrote:Well i used to think this game was pretty fun. But it has gotten very lame lately with players like K2F5 using the setzer/bow cheat and stealing kills from across the room right in front of you with this bug. I guess some people take the game too serious and just don't like to play for fun or something that they would need to cheat at it. I don't know why you would even play the game I guess some just need a boost to their ego. Maybe harassing others makes them feel like a real man. Anyways if I decide to move on to a different game I will be giving away my items to those that try to keep the game fun instead of trying to ruin it for others.

I also tried to talk to this player and they just ignored me until I asked them if they wanted to PVP. Which of course they said no actually answering me this time LOL. What a joke.
That particular bug has been fixed on both servers. Those who were using it when it was fixed will still have it. It'll be lost when they change the related equipment.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

That particular bug has been fixed on both servers. Those who were using it when it was fixed will still have it. It'll be lost when they change the related equipment.
:evil: You should have kept that under your hat
Pixel Battalion
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Len wrote:
:evil: You should have kept that under your hat
They already know that. ;)
Balthazaar
Novice
Novice

Post by Balthazaar »

Need to have a GM unequip their items if they are caught using the exploit :)
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

GMs can forcefully drop a player's items, but not unequip stuff.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Don't let it get you done too much Balthazaar, and definitely don't let it make you quit. Don't let one person ruin a game that is fun to you.

I've hanged with K2F5 a few times and he's a decent guy. Many have used the cheat. But there's also the good ones who use it because if everyone else is you might aswell get the advantage everyone else has. I haven't used it personally because I don't have the Setzer, but it is unfair. Especially if they are using it to steal drops.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Cannot we just parse the textfile database in a way we make every character unequip everything and it'd be over with?
This message used to be meaningful.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Goku wrote:I haven't used it personally because I don't have the Setzer, but it is unfair. Especially if they are using it to steal drops.
It should've worked with every bow and melee. Also with bows and shields. And other equipment (defense of the Warlord's plate with the look of a silk robe, for example).
Rotonen wrote:Cannot we just parse the textfile database in a way we make every character unequip everything and it'd be over with?
Possibly. Or having the map server evaluate equipment information when players log on (equipment seems to be sored twice, one for the item reference, and again for it's effects (including view)). Of course, eliminating that duplication should work too.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

That's how so many's defense was still high with robes and other shirts.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

jaxad0127 wrote:It should've worked with every bow and melee. Also with bows and shields. And other equipment (defense of the Warlord's plate with the look of a silk robe, for example).
Really, is there anything abusive in that last point? There's no functional advantage that can be gained therein that you can't gain just from normal equipping, and I rather like the flexibility of form that it allows. I think of the ability to create a personal avatar as a feature, particularly when equipment is almost purely 1-dimensional right now which naturally leads to a single equip of choice for each slot. Wouldn't it be nice to have some way to tell characters apart in a hostile environment that demands high-class armor?

Well, we had just such a way, which is now closed off to new applicants. Fixing abuse in the weapon and shield slots is one thing, but I believe leaving the functionality in the other slots--maybe even facilitating avatar creation directly--would make the game more enjoyable to a good number of players.
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Post by Cotillion »

jaxad0127 wrote:That particular bug has been fixed on both servers. Those who were using it when it was fixed will still have it. It'll be lost when they change the related equipment.
Are you kidding me? Seriously, this bug is horrible for TMW. If it really is fix then god bless you and it is about time. However, to now leave the bug lingering around until people change equipment??... completely unacceptable. Find some creative way to completely remove this bug from TMW, it has ripped out our harts for long enough..... please!
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Cotillion wrote:Are you kidding me? Seriously, this bug is horrible for TMW. If it really is fix then god bless you and it is about time. However, to now leave the bug lingering around until people change equipment??... completely unacceptable. Find some creative way to completely remove this bug from TMW,
I can try, but eAthena isn't very nice on this point.
Cotillion wrote:it has ripped out our harts for long enough..... please!
So thats why all the deer left TMW.
Balthazaar
Novice
Novice

Post by Balthazaar »

No i won't be leaving due to something like that. Besides that's probably what the rogue characters using the cheat want anyways otherwise they wouldn't try to target me :). Too bad we can't all be on the honor system and let the Dev's work on other things than policing characters using bugs trying to ruin gameplay for others. I just hope they aren't doing it to new players and causing them to loose interest and leave the game.

Radiant brings up a good point to bring some individuality to the avatars of the game, but it needs to be implemented into the game not as a bug. Bugs are never good to keep around no matter how harmless lol. But that should be in a different topic on ideas or suggestions. Anywayz that's my two cents. Keep up the good work Dev's the new changes are kewl.

Balth
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

How was the glitch good for TMW? If you want to look "good" or "cool" with a robe/other dyed clothes on then you have to take the disadvantage of having a weak armor on.

Now if you want to go fight things, go put on your warlord plate, etc.

No glitch can ever be good for a game.. even if a lot of the players like it. Most of the time that is a hint.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster