Buddy List for Linux

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Terwarf
Peon
Peon

Buddy List for Linux

Post by Terwarf »

As i missed a List who's telling me who of my friends is online I wrote a small script, wich displays their names if they are on. It's written only in bash with a bit use of awk, wget, grep and sed, so it should work under every Linux without problems.
To display the data i'm using the stdin-Plasmoid from KDE4, but if u don't have that, i also wrote a simple theme for superkaramba. As i'm lacking in Gnome-Knowledge (and gdesklets is broken in SuSE atm :| ) it would be nice if someone distributes a way to display the data on the Gnome-Desktop, too.

Here's how its looking for now:
Image Image Image Image Image
(The last Screenshot is taken with superkaramba and Compiz off, the names are picked randomly from the list of online players :P )
As you can see in the screens, you can tweak some values how to display the list...

If you want to install it, just download it to a local Folder, set up the list in the beginning of tmw-on.sh and add the applet to your desktop (If you're using the superkaramba theme, you have to edit that file too, before you add it to karamba).

EDIT:
Version 0.2:
Developed a way to show the list for users without KDE4 or superkaramba, all you need is xterm, which should be included in every distro...
Here's how it looks:

Please give feedback if you use it ;)
Attachments
tmw-on-0.2.tar.gz
(21.78 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
tmw-on 0.1.tar.gz
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Aimo
Peon
Peon

Re: Buddy List for Linux

Post by Aimo »