[WIP] New Woodland

Content and general development discussion, including maps, quests, and server code from the development team.
User avatar
Len
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1479
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:17 am
Location: Lurking in the shadows

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Len » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:11 am

can we see it action? (i could always make a map my self but i'm lazy)
evo.PNG
evo.PNG (1.55 KiB) Viewed 989 times
I just love evolution
Last edited by Len on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Pixel Battalion
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:35 pm
Location: Internet

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Jaxad0127 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:16 pm

Len wrote:can we see it action? (i could always make a map my self but i'm lazy)
Just make a custom data zip and walk around platinum. I'll do it later and upload screenshots.
Image
User avatar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 3154
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:48 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Rotonen » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:11 pm

Len wrote:can we see it action? (i could always make a map my self but i'm lazy)
evo.PNG
I just love evolution
Seconded. Now the sign actually looks nice.

Nice to see this finally retouched. The colors of the woodland area have always felt murky and damp to me.
This message used to be meaningful.
User avatar
Seradest
Novice
Novice
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:22 am

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Seradest » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:17 pm

Rotonen wrote:
Len wrote:can we see it action? (i could always make a map my self but i'm lazy)
evo.PNG
I just love evolution
Seconded. Now the sign actually looks nice.

Nice to see this finally retouched. The colors of the woodland area have always felt murky and damp to me.
now or you mean the past ? o_o

And I need help with the Briges from Fother J
User avatar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 3154
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:48 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Rotonen » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:22 pm

Seradest wrote:Nice to see this finally retouched. The colors of the woodland area have always felt murky and damp to me.
now or you mean the past ? o_o[/quote]

...in the past... :D
This message used to be meaningful.
User avatar
Fother
Novice
Novice
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:50 am
Location: Gispaa Caldera, Tonori
Contact:

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Fother » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:51 am

Seradest wrote:I need help with the Briges from Fother J
Sorry! I didn't see this in the thread before! :oops:
Let me take a look a little more at this... I like the existing thicket bridges, but maybe they could be recolored slightly to blend better with the recent set changes. I have to check with Jaxad and Rotonen to see what's going on with the docks outside of Hurnscald also as far as the visual continuity goes.
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Image
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
User avatar
Seradest
Novice
Novice
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:22 am

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Seradest » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Fother J wrote:
Seradest wrote:I need help with the Briges from Fother J
Sorry! I didn't see this in the thread before! :oops:
Let me take a look a little more at this... I like the existing thicket bridges, but maybe they could be recolored slightly to blend better with the recent set changes. I have to check with Jaxad and Rotonen to see what's going on with the docks outside of Hurnscald also as far as the visual continuity goes.
Ok great thanks ^^
User avatar
Saphy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Saphy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:56 am

The bridge looks out of place. How about something like this?

Image
User avatar
Seradest
Novice
Novice
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:22 am

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Seradest » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Saphy wrote:The bridge looks out of place. How about something like this?

Image
Very good but 3 very different color shemes in 1 build ?
User avatar
Saphy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Saphy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Seradest wrote:
Saphy wrote:The bridge looks out of place. How about something like this?

Image
Very good but 3 very different color shemes in 1 build ?
Sorry, I drew it in a hurry, so I haven't recoloured the gate yet. This one should have a more unified colour scheme:

ImageImage

But now that I looked at it, the gate in the old version seems more reasonable. So we can probably just replace to top part of the bridge, like this:

Image

Image
User avatar
Seradest
Novice
Novice
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:22 am

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Seradest » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Saphy wrote:
Seradest wrote:
Saphy wrote:The bridge looks out of place. How about something like this?

Image
Very good but 3 very different color shemes in 1 build ?
Sorry, I drew it in a hurry, so I haven't recoloured the gate yet. This one should have a more unified colour scheme:

ImageImage

But now that I looked at it, the gate in the old version seems more reasonable. So we can probably just replace to top part of the bridge, like this:

Image

Image

Please use the new woodland Titleset and complete it with your new briges
and more yellow in the brige they are no red wood in the new forrest
Image
User avatar
Saphy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Saphy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:43 am

Seradest wrote: Please use the new woodland Titleset and complete it with your new briges
and more yellow in the brige they are no red wood in the new forrest
It was intended to be at a conception level. Changing colour and the base tileset is trivial. But here it is:
Image

I have not complete the alternative tile for the vertical dock yet. I am also not sure how it will look in game, so there needs to be a lot of review and revision before it is is acceptable. Any suggestion?
User avatar
Seradest
Novice
Novice
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:22 am

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Seradest » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Saphy wrote:
Seradest wrote: Please use the new woodland Titleset and complete it with your new briges
and more yellow in the brige they are no red wood in the new forrest
It was intended to be at a conception level. Changing colour and the base tileset is trivial. But here it is:
Image

I have not complete the alternative tile for the vertical dock yet. I am also not sure how it will look in game, so there needs to be a lot of review and revision before it is is acceptable. Any suggestion?
Hmm i think we need a Mapper now...
jojje101
Peon
Peon
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:22 pm

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by jojje101 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:45 pm

i love your grey stones
yo, its me the newbie helper from HMC;)
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:35 pm
Location: Internet

Re: [WIP] New Woodland

Post by Jaxad0127 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Seradest wrote:-snip-

Hmm i think we need a Mapper now...
Why? Just make a customdata zip and go explore the woodland on the server.
Image
Post Reply