The greed here is making me ill

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

The greed here is making me ill

Post by Dyna »

I watched someone today drop all of his rares *yes I am sure you know who I am talking about* and no one stopped to question...no one stopped to try to stop him. They just buzzed around him like bees happily taking the rares. Then, once he was gone...what did they do? They proceeded to tell each other what they got...they didn't question why he did what he did...they didn't wonder why...they didnt do anything but show how greedy they were.

What is wrong with this community? This was once a valued member of the world and now...everything is about stupid hats and stupid clothing and stupid armor. I used to be here for the community and now I cant even say that.

TMW is heading to bad places and I am not sure I want to be along for the ride anymore.

Sadly

Dy
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: The greed here is making me ill

Post by Wombat »

Did you find out why the person dropped their rares? I notice a lot of people doing "drop parties". Drop parties have been done to encourage player morale and have fun many times. You seem to think this wasn't a drop party but something else?
Current character is "Abolish".
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

Wombat wrote:Did you find out why the person dropped their rares? I notice a lot of people doing "drop parties". Drop parties have been done to encourage player morale and have fun many times. You seem to think this wasn't a drop party but something else?
QOAL dropping all of his items in the middle of Hurns? Yeah, hell of a drop party.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

Wombat this was QOAL leaving...not a drop party...he dropped EVERYTHING he owned. No one stopped him...no one wondered why...they just took and ran.

Dy
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

I tried stopping QOAL from leaving two times. Didn't help any of those times. So I just sat there and watched.

I didn't go on a scavenger hunt, though.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I wouldn't know why QOAL did what he did, but I feel like people might be ready for some sort of major update (map/monster/quest). Maybe we can all work together on developing some activities so people don't get frustrated and leave before this happens?

I've in the past organized raids and pvp matches. HMC has organized quest-like events and different social parties. I'd like to help in forming a new player group that attempts to keep interest in the game, but most people aren't interested in organizing events/activities and don't seem driven to keep up with scheduled times. You two (Melkior and Dyna) seem to have some sort of affinity with each other, maybe y'all could spearhead something like this? Other idea?
Current character is "Abolish".
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

Sad.

I really appreciate QOAL for his presence in game and what he did for me.

talking about the vulture... i am sure only a few realized QOAL was quitting... anyway i don't think they wouold have understand.

Regards and Respect QOAL.

Hoping to get some news from you
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

I no longer have presents in the game as Black Don. If you have anything to say to me you can tell to ' ' the New king of the Trolls.
Black Don is dead long live the new King!
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

I'm saddened to see Black Don and QOAL gone. Black Don was a good friend. I'm sure I'll get along with the king of the trolls, but there is only one Don. And I hate seeing his awesomeness gone.

As for QOAL... Q, I'm sure you think I hate you or that I'm out to get you or something... I'm not. I appreciate everything you've done for this game, and I hated seeing you leave. I considered you a friend, even if you didn't see it. I didn't interfere this time. Now I know better than to try.

I hated seeing you both leave. Brought me one step closer to leaving as well.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

King of the trolls...well they need a ruler I suppose. Sure gonna miss Don though...he was one of the few I called a friend...can't believe wont be seeing him sitting on his bench wearing that crown/bag anymore.

One step closer to walking away...how many more are needed I wonder?

Dy
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

Dyna wrote:One step closer to walking away...how many more are needed I wonder?
Sadly, not that many.
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

Only magic can save us! (har har)

Hang in there for magic - it will create new goals to achieve beyond items ;) Also it will create new items..... ahem.
InspectorShameless
Novice
Novice

Post by InspectorShameless »

Humm ... I hope people here are educated "enough" to get my point without long explanations :
SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI

for the "not enough ones" who might not understand it : piss off ! :oops:
respects and delights sharing to the "Virtu Mens" others :D
Toksyuryel
Peon
Peon

Post by Toksyuryel »

This is exactly why there needs to be regular wipes on this server. People are getting far too attached to their characters and putting WAY too much value into items, completely losing sight of what the goal and purpose of this server really is.
sugarcorgit
Novice
Novice

Post by sugarcorgit »

Qoal and Black Don,
All I can say is I will miss you both terribly. You both aiding greatly in growing sugar up in this game. INSPIRATIONAL. The hours and hours Black Don and Lore kept me alive in that game resulted in my lvl 95. Qoal and Don walked me though quests I didnt understand many times. Lore took me to the Mountain at lvl something like 55! I had no business there, of course. None of them seemed to care I was nothing but at boat anchor.

You 3 need to realize this game needs you, stand strong Lore the loss is great enough as it is.
sugarcorgit